Shingeki no Kyojin - Vol. 34 Ch. 135 - Battle between heaven and earth

Dex-chan lover
i feel it got exponentially better after the big reveal lol. It stopped being about this shitty brat and his deathwish and became a story about humanity, war and how we can't stop hurting each other.

Good god just let him properly eradicate all non-Eldians. It makes no sense for him to fail. Asspulls ruin everything.

Dex-chan lover
@rabidfish

It stopped being about this shitty brat and his deathwish
It should have kept being about a shitty brat, since apparently that's as far as Isayama's skill goes as a writer.

became a story about humanity, war and how we can't stop hurting each other.
It became a shallow and pretentious story about Isayama's sophistry about humanity, war, etc.

Dex-chan lover
@diegoxt45 god help us all if that happens, I want the rumblin to succeed, everyone has been horrible they all should suffer if the eldians win there will forever be a group of people in favor of what happened and another one against it and there will be more conflict so I hope Eren does succeed, it will be a fine ending for this series.

First of all, how do these guys last even for a second? These guys are against all the past Nine Titans. These guys were struggling against even one in the past. I still can't understand how did Levi survived but now he's somehow more powerful than ever? I mean, it was at most one month ago that this guy was almost blown to pieces. These guys should at most last 1-2 minutes against these titans but they somehow haven't lost yet. That Cart Titan was able to past all of them and wrapped the explosives on Eren's neck. And then comes yet another deus ex machina. Man, these asspuls... Just WTF

@criver - not sure if you're trolling or don't understand what good writing is. Either way, your opinion is just that, and less worth considering.

@DDDBusterdragon - Levi has been OP since the beginning of the series. Having him nerfed for the final battle actually raises the stakes more. And this series has done an exceptional job at keeping the stakes high with costly and dire consequences.

Fed-Kun's army
@Numan_1v9
This is one of those moment where we need to sit back and remind ourselves that this is "just manga". I don't like it either but it can't be helped. It's practically a habit in Japanese storytelling at this point. I mean, just how many times have they done this thing? Every time a story about to reach the ending, the characters suddenly just get power boost or convenient luck or stuff like that. It feels even worse in AoT since all this time the characters always used clever tactics to overcome these titans.

Though if I have to defend Isayama on this, probably I will say something like, "These titans don't have 'real human' inside them, so they don't have the same intelligence and wits." I'm not sure but that's what I think.

Also, somebody said on reddit that this chapter was just Isayama flexing all the cool titans design that he has on mind but couldn't make it into the story. 🤣

@RoboMochi yeah, you're right. That's why I don't read this kinda stuff very often because when I read them I take them seriously and I always look at these kinds of things(plotholes, deus ex machina, asspulls) and it ruins the fun. Right thing to do is just sit back and read it without minding about these things.

Hahaha, that redditor's theory seems like an interesting one.

Users who are viewing this thread