Shingeki no Kyojin - Vol. 34 Ch. 137 - Titans

Well tbh I'm pretty disappointed but I'll wait until next chapter to see what happens.😪😐

Fed-Kun's army
Let's be honest, people. Eren was never going to win, Armin was always going to do some talk no jutsu, Mary Sue characters would still be Mary Sues, and there'd be some sort of "now we're on your side". Horni Cambrians be horni.
It's nothing particular good or bad, , but it's the fact that it wasn't amazing that makes this all the more disappointing.

Dex-chan lover
@AidsAndCheese yes its free for us to read on this site, but you do know its a selling manga? It has thousands, even millions of people who loves this series and has and will continue to spend money on it.
Yes its the authors choiche on what he wants to do, but people loves this manga and its characters, if the author ends up "ruining" the whole series at the end then that would be the equivelant to giving everyone the middle finger.

Example: I bought and read every book from an author that I really liked, I bought and read every book, and I waited years and years for the final book to be released, and the author decided to just kill off the main character and make the heroine love interest fall in love with a villain that only showed up in the last book even tough the MC and her built up a relationship on trust and love in the span of 12 books with around 300 pages for each book, it ruined the whole story to the point that the author actually had to release another book that would be the "true ending" because of the whiplash they got from the people.

The very same thing is (maybe?) about to happen here, and as such, the people gets frustrated seeing their beloved story and characters just suddenly developing plot armor deluxe from the author just to make things work. Why can the titan fly? why can Armin make Zeke and the a bunch of dead people suddenly go against a power that no one can go against by saying a few "sentimental lines", it makes no sense, and as such, people are mad.

@A-tan The curse should be lifted when that mother creature died. The newborn babies won't have to inherent random titan powers anymore.
I also think the way the guy say "you're free now" might refers to all newborn Eldians that they're not bind to the curse anymore, they're free now.

@Leonkristoffer

I agree with your main point...but it does not apply to this series...what it sounds like is for the book you mentioned...that last Book came out of left field and wasn't well written nor made sense (Regarding the story)
...eren dying....Would make sense for the story...Having cool characters killed off WOULD make sense...just because you dont like it doesnt mean its bad....
For example me personally...when I started reading this last volume/season (Coming off only being an anime watcher)...I honestly hated it...but I liked it...I hated that it did things like kill off likeable characters bot just random fodder...but I respected and understood it...
Another example would be
"world End"
I fucking HATED THE FACT that Main heroine was going to die...well the fact that all of them were, but it was still a good story

Given that I do agree that if an author creates a story that they sell off and it gets a lot of attention I do feel they are obligated to Continue and give a Conclusion to a story that is relevant to what actually happend up to a reasonable standpoint...I dont want them doing 3 year all nighters to finish something

if you have problem with the way the final arc is being written, NPCs getting more screen time than the protagonist, random marlyan general talking about world peace and unity, random power ups, characters being killed of for no reason, asspulls one after the other, how characters are inconsistent and ruined, characters coming back from the dead to help the MCs naruto style, Talk no jutsu, power of friendship saves the day, you are nothing but an edgy crybaby "fan". you are supposed to mindlessly consoom without asking question or complaining even if your favorite manga is shitting the bed so hard during the final arc

Dex-chan lover
@That1friend And that is fine, I won't say that Eren dying or something would ruin the series, its about HOW he gets killed of. If you want to kill the MC, you atleast have to make it a likable outcome for how its going to happen. Don't you agree?
Of course, while I am not too immersed in the series compared to some people, I got swepped along with the negative comments and took their side on this whole ordeal, so I do apoligise for doing so.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm so happy that even after thousands of years of writing and story-telling that such a masterful, epic story can still be told. It really does make me happy

Armin channeling his inner Nietzsche and basically woke Zeke up from his nihilistic stupor. As for Eren, well, is he actually even "free"? The fact that he is acting on the influence of the Attack Titan's apparently infallible portrait of the future means he is propelled by necessity. Whether you rationalize that as Ymir just pulling the strings or an actual "fate" is irrelevant. For all of his rhetoric of despising being cattle, he himself is just a slave as well. "Freedom" is mastery of necessity. If his visions of the future necessitated his actions, then how is he free? Fans cheering for his "victory" are literally cheering on his slavery to a necessity that his power has literally made him powerless.

Users who are viewing this thread