Shingeki no Kyojin - Vol. 34 Ch. 137 - Titans

Zeke: life has no meaning beyond reproduction
Armin: life can be fun you can feed squirrels and shit
Zeke: wow so true. life is precious. I guess I will go commit suicide now

Dex-chan lover
if i didn't know the end was already announced i would have expected yet another comeback... thank god it's ending..

I wanted Eren to win this, fuck.

Also, who's the one at the Titan's hands at the last but one page?

How are people surprised about this?

Eren’s vision of the future was literally the young version of him kissing the hand of some queen lady. That can’t happen if he’s alive because he can’t just de-age himself.

Not to mention that Eren didn’t even resist the whole shitshow on his back. That was all Ymir. He’s been manipulating his friends into killing him for the entire time.

When this "Let's destroy the world" thing has started, I was really uneasy.
Nowadays you can't write a story where the main message is "destroy the world, eradicate your ennemies", I'm sure they won't let it slide on a publisher side. And everything seems to confirm it.
I did believe it at first and I hope I'm wrong and will get a plot twist next chapters...

Everyone's talking about asspulls and talk no Jutsu. But remember, this manga isn't the same as all the other fucking talk no Jutsu and asspulls, Eren's gonna win without a doubt man. Do you think the author really spent ten years of his life writing this shit for it to turn out like any other cliche manga?
Spoiler theory below this, I don't know if it's true but it might be.

Moreover, if you look at the last panel of the manga (it was posted on Twitter a few years back) we see a guy holding a baby saying you are free. Who else in this series is as obsessed with freedom as Mikasa is with Eren. Eren is really the only guy I remember talking about freedom. Thus, I believe that the next chapter is gonna be Eren's perspective and how he's gonna go ahead and finish the rumbling. The only problem with this theory is that we have 2 chapters left, how the tf are we gonna see Eren win? Will the author really let us down with a shitty ending? Find out in the next episode of Dragon Bal.... errr... AOT.

Dex-chan lover
@Numan_1v9 Sorry, but I still fail to see how any rules got broken.

@thedestroyership

Ignoring the fact that Zeke, the guy with royal blood that even allows founder Ymir to use her powers just fucking died, and then suddenly the titans gain free will.

Past titans users helped well before Zeke died. Only the rumbling titans are shown to stop after Zeke's death.

Ignoring the fact that the founding titan is supposed to be a literal potrayal of god.

That's what people say, the narration or author himself didn't say the founding titan is god. Rather it's explained in this chapter that a past organism survived by multiplying or some shit like that.

@Naian why did the rumbling stop when Zeke died
while the zombie shifters continued to move
?????? Eren needed Zeke to get inside paths. once he was there and convinced Ymir to help him he no longer needed Zeke. Ymir has been freed of her slave mentality and no longer needs to obey royal blood.

Also Eren used the coordinate before. Even after Dina got eaten by the titans he was still able to command the titans for a short period and order them to attack Reiner and Bertolt

Even if somehow Eren needed Zeke alive to control the rumbling. now that he is no longer in control the titans should revert to being mindless titans who attack and eat humans. after all they are still titans and there are thousands of people stacked up nearby. the colossals should start attacking them

Dex-chan lover
@FearUS

The rumbling stopped probably because Eren no longer has access to the founding titan's power (Zeke). You make a good point that Eren no longer need Zeke in the first place because he "convinced" Ymir to help him, but I guess the found titan has a rule that needed a royal eldian blood anyway. EDIT : living royal eldian blood, dead Zeke's blood seems useless.

When Eren first used coordinate, it was when he punched Dina's titan, so no rule broken.

Dunno if the rumbling titan is similar to any normal titan. Titans were in 2 categories in the beginning, normal titan and abnormal titan, then a 3rd category comes in with titan user. Maybe the rumbling titan is 4th type that requires found titan to move?

@FearUS Mindless titans attack people to find a shifter which will let them become human again. The colossals were never humans, they are pure titans through and through

Watch Eren not be dead and we just got bamboozled some how.
(But tbh I was expecting to go down the Death Note route already where the mc dies but uh)

Users who are viewing this thread