Shingeki no Kyojin - Vol. 34 Ch. 137 - Titans

Dex-chan lover
@DragonRider45 DUDE! That is what bothers me the most, he is so close and yet he is not landing it, ever since the rumblin begun, I thought "Oh god Isayama didnt lie, it will be a sad ending" and what I and everyone else was expecting was a depressing ending where humanity lost, where the remaining people will fight against each other because of their differences in their way of thinking.
A story about hate, where it shows that sometimes even if everyone realizes that it is time to change, it is already too late.
But from what I can see, he is going back on his words, such a shame.

Again one shown that tried to be too epic on it's ending and failed. Before time skip AoT is masterpiece then story quality went down. Eren turning villain and coup along side after match was nice but had more potential. On other hand this rumpling titan march was just silly and poorly written. The consequence is that last 5 chapter has been chaotic mess

So he literally pulled the "power of friendship" card, dead titans united with everyone to save the world! I really didn't expect much but damn this is embarrassing to the point that i thought this was a fan made chapter.

The JP fan base won't complain for sure about the way the main cast wins. My problem is that the entire story is so grim with so much death, and the ending is, BOOM the power of friendship for the win, like wth man.. hope u have a nice day guys :)

Lux

Power Uploader
Extremely disappointed. I really held up this one as 10/10, but with this kind of cheap lazy ass ending i just can't consider it a masterpiece anymore. It ended at chapter 123 for me, maybe throwing in 130 and 131 too.

I believe there could be an explanation or some vague hints for the many plot holes and inconsistencies, like Eren and Ymir having directed and scripted the battle to turn out like that. But that wouldn't still excuse just how inappropriate and out of place this ending was for this kind of manga. It was just like trying to flavor a chocolate cake with salt and pepper.

Also i see no convincing way to pull a peace ending. Especially after what Eren has done. Even if the titan curse disappear and nobody will turn into titans anymore, which i believe will happen, the suffering the rumbling already caused is unthinkable and people will hate the islanders even more.

I really wish for a twist too, but just look at that panel of Armin painted as a messiah, just take a very good look, and tell me if a twist is still possible.

fZrxhSg.jpg

this chapter is a bit disappointing for me...
it feels like it goes with the "power of friendship" trope
i hope the next chapter wont be like that

Yo what if we find out next chapter that this power of friendship stuff didn't work? And Eren is all like "nice try fuckheads now die".

Fed-Kun's army
I fucking told ya all so! It's gonna end with power of friendship and love BS!

Fed-Kun's army
I can't comprehend the level of stupidity of people who call this shit good. The last 20 chapters or so were ass and it was obvious that the ending gonna suck. people should read more actual good books to have a point of comparison between good and bad writing.

Lmao the clowns in these comments. The fact that you all so want that sad, depressing, based ending and think that that is what's going make this story a masterpiece is just sad. You all see these characters make choices that actually are IN character and yet you still whine. Goes to show how much you loved this story right? Oh man the people that dont deserve reading this should just quit.

Dex-chan lover
people are now just calling this ending "the power of friendship" and are majorly disappointed. But I dont see it that just yet.

Although its quite sudden that the deus ex machina that saved them at the last minute was the titan shifters that we knew. (and somehow the previous titan shifters are ommitted in this. would make sense to show a bunch of faceless humans alongside the ones we knew)

Im optimistic that this will be explained in a way. Why the author chose this end, and why this even happened. I bet alot of you prefer someone actually made some sacrifices here. You probably want some people to die like Connie, Gabi or Annie but that didnt go the way you want. This is why I dont theorize what happens much next and set my own expectations. I just take what happens here and move on.

I guess im the only open minded one here. This isn't even the end. yall lucky you reading once the chaps out. Lets not act entitled here.

The power of friendship.
This chapter made fairy tail look better lol.
Rip eren. Lol
Hooe we I can see some dumb twist at the end.

>characters make choices that actually are IN character
lol.

ScO7fGK.png

myyghTb.png

BWBa6yj.png

wmx8OSu.png

qP6mxir.png

Fed-Kun's army
@Machrischt
wow, you are such a clown, I bet you will defend this story even if the ending will have Eren turn into a unicorn titan and save the world by reversing time with rainbow farts.

Oh, look we'll find out what the titans are all about and how they came t...nope, turns out a random girl made a random wish millions of random people had made before. Sprinkle so science on top, glue it all with emotional speeches and you're golden

Users who are viewing this thread