Shingeki no Kyojin - Vol. 34 Ch. 137 - Titans

@etriuswimbleton If they would find a way to defeat Eren's without being saved by the past titans ppl would be more okay I guess? And let's be real here, ofc Mikasa, Levi, Armin or Annie would survive no matter what 😏 if one of them would die, the ''passionate fans'' would send death threats to Iseyama for sure.

The only thing that surprised me is, the way they won, not that they won, this is why I called that ''the power of friendship''

wonder how last chapter will wrap things up, especially knowing the final panel

Dex-chan lover
Youtube random recomendations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Z9Ssgb0Kg

@Istvan90623 Code Geass had a fitting ending. Whether it's bad or good, it's up to you to interpret it. Code Geass ending is unexpected twist during the time the anime was airing with its own originality. I don't know when you watch the anime, but in 2008, anime with such ending is quite rare. That's why it always had a special place in my heart.

Dex-chan lover
@Xavfsiz I don't only watch anime, I watch/read several multimedias, hence why the ending of Code Geass weren't a twist for me, because I saw something similar already. I watched it only around 2016 though I have to admit, but whether the media it belongs to mattered little in regards of how unique I percieve the story. This is the same reason why I can't see Boku no Hero Academy as something great, because I saw that story as well a gazillion times in different comic books.

Love how these edgy kids are so mad their idol might be dead
waaaa not the ending I wanted so it's shit omegalul

Dex-chan lover
@FearUS

Eh they are pretty in character IMO :

1) Connie : His action is believable and not so out of character. Like he says it himself, he's tired being betrayed and losing people who matter to him, and when there's an opportunity to save his mother, why wouldn't he take it? He may a goofball, but that doesn't mean he is only that, nor his character can't evolved from that.

2) Grisha : I'm not too sure why you've shown Owl speaking to Grisha vs Grisha having to be pushed to steal the founding titan. The former is merely Owl telling his mindset, it's not Grisha own mindset. The latter, Grisha has his own moral that he's gonna violate, killing Eldian (whom he swore to save), killing children (pretty self evidence), and if I recall correctly, Grisha never killed anyone from that point. You're asking him to do actions which is counter to his moral, in cold blood, instead of a decision in a split decision, so it isn't easy for him. Having a family to save doesn't always make the decision easier.

3) Mikasa : Well I'm not too sure about her, I would have thought she gives priority to Eren, but I guess she's not too on board with Eren's action and prefer to side with Armin. Still she looks visibly torn so she doesn't looks totally set yet.

Fed-Kun's army
Eh i kinda got confused as to wheres the enemy here, wheres the allies here. Can we just killed them all accidently?

@Naian regarding Owl and Grisha. they both got revived and it goes against both of their characters.

Owl hated Marley and wanted revenge from them, he also dedicated his life to restoring the Eldian empire. if rumbling is complete he would have had what he wanted. but by stopping it he would be dooming all eldians inside and outside the island, something he definitely didn't want.

Grisha knew about the rumbling, Eren showed him the future memories of it. YET he still gave child Eren the founding titan. Grisha did ask Zeke to stop Eren but Zeke theorized that later Eren showed him something else further down in the future that convinced Grisha that the rumbling was worth it
qP6mxir.png
If Grisha didn't want the rumbling to happen, he wouldn't have given Eren the Attack and Founding titans

Dex-chan lover
@FearUS

Grisha is very wishy washy, sure he did give Eren the founding titan, but he sure looks to regret it anyway. Helping Armin's team seems to be his way to make amends or something. He's grey area IMO.

About Owl, yeah I agree it is weird, he shouldn't be helping the anti rumbling team. Unless there's something about those "revived" titan user that the author aren't showing us, that it's not really about users lending their help but being forced to do so? Zeke did have the power to control titans when his spine fluid is ingested by victims, did he do something?

Saw many people say Grisha and Owl are out of their characters. But I'm sure they are still themself. Eren just showed them enough to manipulate them, he should have known they gonna help others against himself in the end.
These couple of chapters in months were so hyped which makes us forget the fact that Eren already wins or successes with the rumble. I mean how many survivors are left, 1%, 2%, 5% of the population? Or just enough to tell the story to the next generation. Eren is done with his task the moment he can use founding power, what left is for others.

*we wanted a dark end! not another power of friendship*

- Next chapter: the remnants of rest of world destroy Paradis. Every Eldian is exterminated. It is the end of titans. The Recon Corps are executed. Mikasa and Armin stay hidden their rest of lives. End.

*erm.. that was not the dark end we wanted... "

So what do you want?

*we are just Eren fandards*

YEEESSSSS!!!!! ZEKE IS FINALLY DEAD! GOD IVE ALWAYS HATED THAT EMO, "OH IM SO SMART AND DEEP BECAUSE I BELIEVE IN EXETENSIALISM," PRICK!!!! I ONLY WISH HIS DEATH WOULDVE BEEN SLOWER AND MORE PAINFUL. WOOOOH! SO HAPPY HE DIED

Users who are viewing this thread