Shingeki no Kyojin - Vol. 34 Ch. 138 - A Long Dream

I have so many feelings right now, almost 12 years culminating into this moment
tenor.gif

ayo guys dont be sad at least we have eren x mikasa now! just ignore all the screams the background 😉

For anyone confused about this chapter, I'll explain what's going on.

So, after the team succeeds in blowing off eren head, essentially extracting the worm from eren, causing the rumbling to cease. The team thinking there in the clear, finds out the explosion wasn't enough in killing the both of them. As eren transforms and fights back against his former comrades, the parasite (which is the source of all titans, that gave power to ymir in the first place) transforms the people in the walls (ymir's descendants), the Eldians into titans, because they are related to ymir. Battle issues on as eren and the parasite try and reunite together, in order to continue the rumbling. The team now knowing that if they dont kill eren for good this will never stop, they decide to finish him off.

Now this is where Mikasa's point of view comes in, this is essentially showing her in another timeline, one where she and eren ran away, eren didnt act out his plan in what you saw in this current timeline, so the Paradisians came to war with Eldians and are essentially losing the fight against them. Mikasa is questioning her existence being here (talking about this timeline, since she's connected to eren, so eren is essentially allowing for her to see another timeline by the power of the parasite and the sand place where time can transcend in any direction), and eren already know what she's talking about says to her to forget about him, and live a long and happy life. Essentially telling her to kill him, mikasa knowing this, though telling him she wont forget about him, proceeds in doing so, with the help of Levi they successfully kill eren.

This whole chapter was a sad bitter sweat ending to eren and mikasa's relationship and the end to what ymir and eren were ultimately trying to achieve. Eren and ymir's whole goal was to stop the loop from reoccurring and eren succeeded in doing so, which will be explained in the next chapter, taking the point of view of eren. Well that's what I and many others predict to be so. You can also agree to this as in the last panel, you see ymir in the back smiling. This could be hinting at what will essentially be the out come of AOT's ending, it all coming back to the beginning from chapter one.

Plus if your confused about this post and my long ass explanation on the chapter (if you can call it that) then check out some videos on youtube explaining what this chapter means and how it connects to the story as a whole. They are really good in doing these analysis on the chapters.

Aggregator gang
@MillennialDan out of curiosity, what made you salty about this (or previous) chapters? Me for example I hated the friendship, attempted talk no jutsu and "a fucking leaf" ones. But I'm alright with this, all things considered.

Eren being a colossal titan out the blue is kinda bullshit tho lol but whatever

Good Now at the end of the Page it was Clean and Romantic, last time there is a Small icon disturbing the end of the Page.

Double-page supporter
i dont think all this people will remain titan, just like that. When was reasonable them to die (fighting gigant eren) they didn't and falco appeared....

Dex-chan lover
Lol falco wanted to become a titan to save gabi but turns out that fucked her uh?

VLM

Aggregator gang
Growing up with this show and manga, this shit hit me hard. It actually makes me really sad so can we get a moment of silence to the gang that got us through these past years and some F's.

Isayama did Mikasa dirty.

Where's the Mikasa from the beginning who is strict yet logical, remember the trost and female titan arc, she is a little impulsive yet she thinks way more logically there, where is that girl who is quiet but whenever she speaks she tells what's really inside her mind now she can't even think on her own and that fact still blows my mind, where is that girl who most of the readers genuinely liked?

Every character started with flaws and Mikasa got flaws too but isayama manage to make other characters have a real development and real substance, while he just turned her into this physically strong eren fangirl, she got more substance before, I know I am ranting but it's just sad that the character who got me hooked in this manga just to see the author left her in the air after FT arc then manage to make her this crazy delusional necrophiliac. This is not a character development this is just straight-up hate to the character and to her fans while milking them and to make a school day ending.

Just thinking about Eren's line in 112, "the real Mikasa died in the cabin..." nope she died in the Female Titan arc where the author left her character development.

"The world is cruel yet beautiful" can't comprehend that this line comes from Mikasa, where's her substance now? Guess it was left in that tunnel in wall sheena.

Users who are viewing this thread