Shinigami ni Sodaterareta Shoujo wa Shikkoku no Tsurugi wo Mune ni Idaku

Aggregator gang
@DioBrando
can you add novel update link : https://www.novelupdates.com/series/shinigami-ni-sodaterareta-shoujo-wa-shikkoku-no-ken-wo-mune-ni-idaku/

Dex-chan lover
The 9999th medieval manga story. How to make it popular?

1) Insert a cute loli
2) ???
3) Profit

Fed-Kun's army
Huh. It's everything I don't like packaged together. But I like it somehow.

Maybe it's a casserole?

I'm disturbed by this for all the wrong reasons.

I ship her with the blonde weakling. I feel he may become a pincushion or punching bag. If anyone attempts to injure him (besides her), Yandere bloodbath commenceth. She can and probably will reattach body parts at will to injured comrades and her bishi. If the enemy injured her "friend/boyfriend", they will be dead before they know it—he'll be simultaneously in love and terror with/from her.

Group Leader
*looks at beautiful chick on cover and expects some tomboy sword maiden alpha god mode*
takes out dick

*sees gore tag*
"ok, so its probably some war time stuff, no biggie"

*reads manga*
"Motherloving fuck of horse jawbones, Johann"

Dex-chan lover
She's cute so it doesn't matter even if I don't know what the fuck is this supposed to be

This is pretty much a blatant rip off of the original Web and Light Novel The Girl Who Ate a Death God written by Nanasawa Matari in 2012. Can't say I'm pleased, but I guess a slightly different format is a form of flattery?

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-girl-who-ate-a-death-god/

Like, first 2 chapters and you have a ridiculous number of similar details.
[ul]Declining Kingdom and ruling Empire
Death God given powers
Strong member of the Empire who excels at Thrusts
Bringing several heads to join the army of the Kingdom
Espionage in the first fort being stopped by MC
Even the comments about the bad bread are similar.[/ul]
All of these details are shared between the two stories. Could they at least try to make some of it original?

@NoGround noticed that too, eh? I read it and did a double take, since I thought they were the same story since I haven't read The Girl Who Ate a Death God in a long time. There are some key differences though. Schera was a starving villager right? I don't remember her being raised by a Death God, though I may have forgotten. Also, Schera had a pretty psychopathic and evil personality while Olivia has a psychopathic but overall lacking in common sense personality. They're similar, but not quite the same, and future chapters might diverge. Also haven't seen an exposition dump about a trade union yet, so maybe the backstory will diverge further.

@SnowingSilently yeah that will probably be the case. I'm going to have to leave this one alone for a long time. I've reread The Girl Who Ate a Death God twice in a month because I'm making a Fandom Wiki for it, so everything is very fresh in my head and constantly getting refreshed as I add more to it, so it was very easy for me to spot both the similarities and differences. Right now, it's extremely similar but different enough.

IMO, though, it's too close. It's like the writer for this manga decided to take the exact script for The Girl Who Ate a Death God, modify it a bit, and say "this is enough difference."

I feel like i read a messed up adaptation of "The Girl Who Ate a Death God" with random additions and too many "handsome men" around.
Half meh half still looks good.

Well, seems like dere actually people who also noticed dat. Well let us hope it wont be shitty rip off but something decent.

Cae

the incongruity between her actions and her disposition is hilarious and entertaining to read, especially since it's particularly believable that she'd come to these conclusions based on her point of view coming second hand from an entity that only sees the worst in humanity, while being morally distant from them...

Users who are viewing this thread