Shinju no Nectar - Ch. 86 - The Portent

Dex-chan lover
Knew they would try to use Jusui, the malleable new meat with good breeding, girl was fucked... and she knew that.

Fortunately for her... her baby daddy knew the mother he had, so he took a ride on the light show his mother arranged... which brings up a question... why didn't she think this could happen, the mother I mean?

Sure, it has been reinforced that magic is weak in this age... but not gone.

Anyway... Dhala is doing an England, surprising that NotEngland wasn't the one doing it first, but I presume Resalia doesn't seem prone to permit such tactics... bet her father would.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's interesting that the priestess is hornless, unlike the majority of people inhabiting the Empire.

Dex-chan lover
Not all the people are horned, just those of "noble" birth as far as I can say.
Eh, no.
The trader, who introduced Sakura to the palace, has horns. The servants in the palace and the people on the not-opium shown in this chapter have them too. The trend is that the dominant people of Empire are dragon-esque. Ironically, both Ginren and Rin Lang have horns albeit being a foreigners.

Knew they would try to use Jusui, the malleable new meat with good breeding, girl was fucked... and she knew that.
It was my bet too.
Rin Lang is basically a enemy and Ginren has a questionable origin. Plus, this girl's father is the Prime Minister, the temptation to play Cao Cao would be almost irresistible.

Fortunately for her... her baby daddy knew the mother he had, so he took a ride on the light show his mother arranged... which brings up a question... why didn't she think this could happen, the mother I mean?

Sure, it has been reinforced that magic is weak in this age... but not gone.
Well, divination from the star sheets and communication with (nature) spirits (or claiming to be) is one thing. Attempt at full-blown necromancy is another. I think the conspirators were quite sceptical that the ritual will succeed and imho the priestess was 'supposed' to just play some theatrics and be done.

That being said, there is Undead literally terrorizing the Imperial palace so I guess this 'accidental' success is actually a ongoing scheme and a plan within a plan.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
it could also still not be real and someone else is conveniently showing the object that will miraculously show up with the people they want to be in power very soon

The point is more they know magic is real because they saw it, I know they are technological obsessed to the point they disregard magic as "superstition" and try to rationalize it.

I can get they would think summon the spirits of the dead would be nonsense and its all a show to legitimize a choice they already made, in a way thats not a bad bet but then they actually summoned the spirit of the dead emperor ... this is kinda the problem with then and their plans as they always fail to take in consideration the supernatural.

This seems kinda based from the Imperial Seal of China that was was lost in around the 900's, I would be surprised if they try to pass off a fake to get control of the Imperial Throne but I dont think that was their original plan, they expected it for the dancer to follow the script and annouce a already decided heir and you can tell that by the Empress dowager expression.

Dex-chan lover
Was expecting incoming CatCat shenanigans but that jade seal thing has me wondering if this going to be doing a ROTK instead. Which mother will be the one to throw their baby to the ground?

Dex-chan lover
Based of the priestess to dance her tits out of her dress. Wild how India's turning China into drug addicts. The ritual actually working was a surprise. I feel like we've seen that jade doodad before.

Dex-chan lover
Eh, no.
The trader, who introduced Sakura to the palace, has horns. The servants in the palace and the people on the not-opium shown in this chapter have them too. The trend is that the dominant people of Empire are dragon-esque. Ironically, both Ginren and Rin Lang have horns albeit being a foreigners.
Hmmm, I swear I didn't see all Hua Liang people with horns, think I will need to reread these past chapters to see... but, who knows too, it is an empire in the end.

Maybe this priestess is from some other racial group that is part of it... or it could be a ritual reason where she sacrificed her horns or some shit like that.

Users who are viewing this thread