Shinkon no Iroha-san - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - Until The Time For Pancakes

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation! Is it possible to use a typeface (even if it’s the same one) that has more weight? I find myself needing to zoom in to read.

Group Leader
Thanks for the translation! Is it possible to use a typeface (even if it’s the same one) that has more weight? I find myself needing to zoom in to read.
i can see where you're coming from, the way i read manga on mangadex is usually via long strip + fit width, but i know some who don't manga read that way.

i feel like changing the typeface 8 chapters in would feel a bit inconsistent, even if i could excuse it with "this is a new volume, it's separate from the first one", and i kinda despise inconsistency, both as a manga reader and as a (relatively new) translator, so i kinda abstain myself from doing it much.

for the record, i have tried making the text bold at times, but it at points ends up making the text so wide that it leaves the bubble, which would require making the text smaller and that just goes back to the same issue.

it's kinda hard making text big on a yonkoma type format, but i'll keep your comment in mind, pal :thumbsup:

The way the lyrics playing is written sounds a lot like the beginning of 雨の新開地 from たけしの挑戦状 which is Showa era as well. That would be a rather specific reference, and the line isn't especially unique, but maybe it is a possibility.

Anyways, thanks for picking up this series! I like how you add extra details at the end about parts that may not fully get across after translation, along with looking into what is being referenced.

Dex-chan lover
i can see where you're coming from, the way i read manga on mangadex is usually via long strip + fit width, but i know some who don't manga read that way.

i feel like changing the typeface 8 chapters in would feel a bit inconsistent, even if i could excuse it with "this is a new volume, it's separate from the first one", and i kinda despise inconsistency, both as a manga reader and as a (relatively new) translator, so i kinda abstain myself from doing it much.

for the record, i have tried making the text bold at times, but it at points ends up making the text so wide that it leaves the bubble, which would require making the text smaller and that just goes back to the same issue.

it's kinda hard making text big on a yonkoma type format, but i'll keep your comment in mind, pal :thumbsup:
Thanks for the response! That wasn’t a critique of your typesetting, more just my personal preference bleeding in. I think you have a very good point about not changing the type too much midway through

Users who are viewing this thread