Shinmai Ossan Boukensha, Saikyou Party ni Shinu hodo Kitaerarete Muteki ni Naru.

honestly, I hate the MC for being so clueless about his own power. even if you said that he's had 2 years together with the strongest beings in the world, someone else would have realized that they are strong.
he's been a fucking reception for 14 years, for god's sake, how can't he see his own worth? this is just the author forcing a situation to the MC and it's so hateful.

Dex-chan lover
7.5/10 so far for me i wouldve rated 9/10 if not for the mc being dum bout his power

Double-page supporter
Must be harder for authors to write a confident MC who tries to hold back to look normal while his overconfident opponents' nearly die every time but get super lucky to just lose the fight, over what we have, which is a low self esteem MC who thinks he is weaker than others and uses his full power but not in a direct way against his opponents' who are always over confident and are super lucky they don't die.

The problem with number 2 is no matter how you try to write this type of character, no one reading the story can understand or empathies with the MC, bc the reader's mind keeps bringing up blatantly large potholes when conflicts arise, and with each interaction repeating over and over again [11 year old kid, older sister, mob characters, now older brother], each time we are forced to acknowledged the big fucking holes in our way. You either accept (shut your brain off) how unrelatable unrealistic this MC is or continue to be miserable with the story till you quit reading it from your recommends page.

For clarity, I have been reading for so long, I am somewhat of a master at shutting my brain off, but I do enjoy writing these up from time to time. It's rather cathartic.

Edit: Crossed out and replaced poor choice of word for comment after me.

To anyone reading this,

The manga is actually Ok, Good even. People simply refuse to accept that the MC seems to think little of himself for reasons that are well justified already and it looks like he will work through this issue with time.

Some of these readers, however, want to "relate" to the MC because they have the "No way would I be like this loser, haha, I'd fuck all the chicks on day one" mentality. They deserve all the Isekai trash they get because "Hehe Harem, Tits and MC doing big dong plays" is what they are conditioned to consume.

this manga is hilarious.. i love it wahahaahaha..
i hope that mc will get his confidence up and get a harem.. lmao

There's a difference between a person who doubts their capabilities and an absolute retard. this trope is just cringe at this point lul.

I'll give it a few more chapters to see if it's still worth the time.

Double-page supporter
I actually like this. It seems that he'll start realizing he's not complete garbage soon.

I imagine the way this will pan out is that he'll gradually become more and more familiar with how absurdly strong he is. Also, elf girl is likely going to be the ship that everyone rallies behind.

it's a good read so far, thanks for the translations / uploads fam. not the most soul shaking, eye opening thing ever written, but it's not some dogshit isekai

the visceral experience of watching a 45 minute video slideshow on anime powerlevels with better looking slides

My readership was bought with a cool maid character and a protagonist who isn't a sociopath or generally just... fucking weird. I'd rate this story's consistency and texture at about the same level as Quaker Instant Oats, just slightly undercooked in the microwave. You can't really taste anything but it's warm mush and that's good sometimes. After all it's being drawn by Ogino Ken and designed by the same person who did Akuyaku Reijou Level 99's character designs, so it's not bad to look at.

That's the end of the review.

Bullshit:
I've always wondered how (shitty, mediocre, your favourite, etc) isekai are frequently book adaptations despite their plots being so paper-thin. I understand that the isekai ecosystem is geared a certain way, and having the advantage of syosetu metrics and user data is a huge boon when deciding what to adapt. I also understand that isekai is YA literature in every sense of the term. But damn this shit must have been boring to read as a book. I'm satisfied only because it's got nice art, I'm in awe at the power of the lads who read this without the pictures. It's a big world out there, but you have S-Rank Patience if you're able to handle this manga's plot without the illustrations.

Looking forward to.... nothing at all, actually. He's already the strongest (minus the few necessary powerlevels for Plot Development). Maybe he'd get outsmarted? Then again considering the general quality of the antagonists in the 8 chapters so far, that might be asking too much, the author absolutely needs to mention that the protagonist is insecure about his age every three panels. If there's two characters talking to each other we get a special double deal and they both talk about how "wow you're 30, that's like middle-aged haha". It's a bit telling that an MTL translator who wasn't aware of isekai's tendency to just make up words and obsess over using the coolest possible kanji to just make a mess out of the Japanese language in general was still able to get through the chapter and have it be easily readable. I say this as someone who's no expert either, but I've also run into this issue whenever I get too ambitious and try reading something random on syosetu.

This manga has 3 topics:
1. Rick Is Old
2. Rick is Strong
3. Rick Is Persecuted

there's a bonus topic of Rick Trained A Lot but I'm willing to forgive those since they have nice art and Rick's party seem interesting (at least compared to Rick himself, poor guy).

This is old hat (actually typing old hat makes me feel a bit cursed ngl) to veterans of isekai, who will properly recognize this particular genus in their Isekai Field Guide, chapter 7, The Shield Hero: Insecurity & Isekai. The author makes a good decision by avoiding the usual edgy bullshit direction and instead makes his protagonist an idiot. Normally, defining traits such as social flaws, habits and anxieties can be great for allowing natural interaction between characters. Unfortunately, Rick feels the need to perform his one-man manzai show (with occasional support from Lynette) after almost every event that happens in his life. It's not that Rick has personality traits, it's that his personality is a trait, singular, and you're reminded of it constantly whenever he's not fighting something. It's honestly a little strange for Rick to be that powerful and not have any combat experience. I'm not calling that into question though, it's more that he effortlessly dodges an attack and then proceeds to have a mental breakdown about it. Is it supposed to be comedy? He even knows that the attack won't hit him. He has time for like 4 panels of monologue as he watches it approach him in literal actual slow motion. Then he does it 3 more times. If this is what's required to have isekai protagonists that aren't Patrick Bateman with an Appraisal Skill, I guess I'm ok with it (so long as they keep putting Lynette in every chapter) but it feels extremely low effort. The other problem is that once he realizes he's powerful there's actually nothing holding him back, since everyone who matters loves him (I shouldn't really need to state that in this kind of work but I've already gone this deep. You have too, by the way. Welcome.), he's already in the strongest party of adventurers, none of his enemies are even capable of undoing his shoelace without proclaiming how evil they are and how he, a 30 year old (wow that's crazy haha) F-rank adventurer is going to get Totally Owned by them. It gets so bad that even the protagonist comments on it.

Sometimes with great maids comes great mediocrity. Oh, also predicting harem tag in 10 chapters. Hope I'm wrong!

reu

Dex-chan lover
Honestly I'm just here because it's not an isekai and the character designs are top tier.
Hopefully this develops into a nice series and the artist's talent isn't wasted
This might not be Witch Craft Works or Witch Hat Atelier tier but it's much better than lazy shit like snk or firepunch

Users who are viewing this thread