Shintouki: Teogonia

Double-page supporter
@Amune21 Θεογονία in Modern Greek would be pronounced "theogonia," with a soft 'th' sound like in the word "through" (as opposed to a hard 'th' sound like in the word "there"). Θεογονία in Homeric Greek, which was the form of Greek spoken at the time the Θεογονία's author Hesiod lived, would (probably) be pronounced more like "teogonia," where the t-sound is heavily aspirated. Both of these translation choices are defensible. Here, though, I think they've chosen the title based on the Japanese テオゴニア, which considering that the 'th' sound doesn't exist in Japanese, was probably not a very thorough decision-making process.

light novel series is also english translated. Title for that is teogonia. Excellent series. looking forward to more from the adaptation.

Hi, I'm a member of the group doing this series.
We decided to stick with Teogonia since that's what the official translation uses.

Hi Amune21. Although historically there would be a 'th', because of how Japanese is phonetically it's spelled without the 'H'. If you check both the official Amazon listing as well as the Light Novel's title you'll see that both are listed as Teogonia. Hopefully that is a reasonable enough explanation. We do hope you'll enjoy our new series and please feel free to leave comments with both praise and criticism as we release more chapters.

Hello everyone! This is the first manga I've ever translated so I hope you guys like it. Some names in the translation I'm not 100% sure on but I've been having discussions with other translators about how to deal with those. Feel free to give suggestions when a name that sounds weird shows up. The Nekyou community has been very nice to me so far so I'm thinking of staying for a long while. Hope you guys enjoy this series! :D
PS: it took some days after creating an account for me to be able to post this :p

Dex-chan lover
This has good art and a refreshingly realistic setting with a unique magic system. Story feels like solid fantasy. Hope this gets picked up again.

Users who are viewing this thread