Shiori Experience: My Plain Self and an Odd Old Man - Vol. 14 Ch. 65 - New York

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter! wonder who these 2 new crossroads figures could be bound with. interesting choice to have their entrance be in reference to The Beatles when none of The Beatles were a part of the 27 Club.

Dex-chan lover
im sure the type/design of their plugs would give away who they suppose to be possessed by, but idk anyone else in the 27 club besides who weve already met

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter! wonder who these 2 new crossroads figures could be bound with. interesting choice to have their entrance be in reference to The Beatles when none of The Beatles were a part of the 27 Club.
Jesus christ....
It's Jason Bourne.

Dex-chan lover
Weezer? Did they just seriously reference weezer? Don’t get me wrong I love the blue album, pinkerton, and the white album, like, Weezer is one of my favorite bands. But we all know theyre a meme.

Dex-chan lover
for real, ringo and Paul are still alive.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder. Is the crossroads pact not limited to the 27 club? Could it be Lennon?
That's kind of a betrayal of the crossroads' rules though, which is become a legend or die at 27 (and probably become another 27 club contract).

After looking at the list of 27 club members, I'm willing to bet it's Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones.

Dex-chan lover
Almost certainly Brian Jones (1/4" jack) and Jim Morrison (3-prong mic jack). Though getting John and George involved would be a trip.

Thank you for keeping this project alive, >dropout.

But I really wish you would stop completely redrawing SFX. Okada puts a ton of effort integrating them into the art, making it an active part of composition to an incredible effect. So seeing it erased just like this doesn't sit right with me. I know editors are doing their best as well. But I can't honestly say these last two chapters looked as good as those that came before.

Thank you for keeping this project alive, >dropout.

But I really wish you would stop completely redrawing SFX. Okada puts a ton of effort integrating them into the art, making it an active part of composition to an incredible effect. So seeing it erased just like this doesn't sit right with me. I know editors are doing their best as well. But I can't honestly say these last two chapters looked as good as those that came before.
Fair criticism. We're still figuring out the best approach to take for adapting the sfx, and we definitely haven't found the right balance yet. I've also been thinking about dialing it back a bit, but I'd argue that if we're going to do sfx at all, sometimes a full replacement is unavoidable. The drums this chapter are a good example. The original sfx is tied to the reading path, meaning subtitles would divert readers from the path on top of making the page look cluttered. We have to strike a balance between preserving the original artwork without detracting from it with our additions, and in that case I determined that a full replacement would be overall less damaging.

The ideal is to recreate the original sfx to the best of our ability, such that the new sfx has the same impact on our readers that the original would have on a native speaker reading the original. Maybe we aren't there yet, but we're gonna keep trying.

Users who are viewing this thread