Shiori Experience: My Plain Self and an Odd Old Man

Contributor
Man this should be so much hype if got animated, but then again getting the copyright for the music might be pretty hard mmm...

@VawX
like @mommy says, there might be a bigger problem, what crew can even live up to Jimi's or Kurt's guitars?
let's not even begin talking about if anyone that can play "Smells like Teen Spirit" in Jimi's style.

although i agree with the others, this manga is probably best left unanimated.
but i did like Beck the anime in all it's flaws, it really came close at parts to portraying the idea of what the manga gave us ?

Full Moon Sways, in it's grittiness and bad pronunciation, listening to it now still gives a nice hit of nostalgia ?

Dex-chan lover
@hyou-k @VawX
there are tons of great musicians nowadays. we tend to overestimate older musicians because of what they represent/represented, but they are not at some kind of unreachable level.

@mommy
if the anime is interesting, i usually go for the manga. mostly because it would probably go past what the anime covered. also anime tend to be toned down compared to original sources. even more when there's a light novel too. but anime also has its perks, so sometimes it can actually improve a scene with the use of transitions, motions or even using audio and songs to match certain things. that said, I'm not really particular about going anime -> manga or manga -> anime. depends on the work

Contributor
@landstalker
Exactly, if Jimi really revived now he'll be impressed by how impressive current musicians and ofc the technology we use now to create music mmm...

@landstalker @VawX
skill-wise, maybe. but when we talk about what goes on in the older classics' heads... that might be a different story. ?

it'll certainly be really cool if we could hear what Jimi would do with our current technology
example for Jimi, wahwah pedals was created relatively new in 1966 and he was one of the first few to utilize it and release a song in 1967.
it really takes certain creativity to make of use new technology, which not many people has done before him to set examples; but he used it and then take it to a new level. which is really really cool

or! he could wash out, like some musicians we know ? just that Jimi lucked out before that happened. (no disrespect though, it's just Schrödinger's ?)
he certainly is raised to a high pedestal for being in Club27, no doubt about that part though

The story so far seems really interesting (only few chapters in) but I absolutely hate they way they portray Jimi Hendrix.

Part of me kinda want the writer to include a cameo/special appearence from several fictional musicians like an older Eugene Martone from Crossroads, a time travelin/older Wild Stallyns/Marty Mcfly or heck, Johnny from "The devil went down in Georgia"

Dex-chan lover
Good. GOD! Ok, so I was a little skeptical about this series at first but it has quickly got me hooked! I can honestly say that the Jimi and Kurt duet is now my favorite scene in manga. I've always been a music lover, but this series takes it to a whole new level!

Fed-Kun's army
Wait wait wait. Do the Japanese really think that the abbreviation for Smells Like Teen Spirit is Smells? I lost it when people started chanting: SMELLS SMELLS SMELLS!

orp

The manga has lost its way, it seems to me. It had been at its best when it was basically about an ordinary school teacher learning to have fun with music and dealing with petty school politics and low level personal drama. But it took its own premise too seriosuly, and for a while now it's been epic, edgy and humourless like a bad shounen title.

The brass band teacher is a fantastic villain, but how does she measure to a shadow cabal leader literally murdering people left and right? He's in an entirely different realm, and it happens to be a fairly boring realm. Every time the stakes get raised, it just cheapens the ordinary life context that made this manga fun in the first place.

I disagree. New villain might seem a little too cray cray to take him seriously but at least provides real threat. And the chapter of Jimmy - Kurt band was fantastic. Kurt is generally great character in this manga, entertaining and adorable. School drama went stale really fast, and all these obstacles about everybody being against main characters because plot requires it, were annoying after a while.

Group Leader
It comes and goes with the antagonists. The brass band teacher will be back in a big way later on.

Dear translators: KEEP IT UP!!! You guys are fantastic. Thanks so much for your hard work on this. I can't begin to describe how much I love this manga and I can't wait to see more adorable moe Kurt Cobain and possibly others from the 27 club!

Users who are viewing this thread