Shits and Giggles Thread

Banned
gotta comm some art of tomoko shes gunna be my mascot or atleast based on her
(ofc she'll be over 18 duh)

Contributor
gotta comm some art of tomoko shes gunna be my mascot or atleast based on her
(ofc she'll be over 18 duh)
Art of Tomoko? "That's gross - Uchi said", have you found nothing of your liking in Pixiv? Or the author's profile on ex-Twitter?

Dex-chan lover
Was Christopher Columbus's discovery of America the first example of an Isekai?

Portrait_of_a_Man%2C_Said_to_be_Christopher_Columbus.jpg

Dex-chan lover
as far as I know dude didn't die to truck kun.
so probs not.
nah man, truck kun was a modern addition to isekai, not the foundation

think about it, he found a new world, but started off by wanting to travel to India, like a guy dying and getting reincarnated instead of dying peacefully

also, he gets cheat skills/assistance in the form of technology and food

he didn't choose to find America, America found him. (banger line there, Shakespeare)

really, the only differences are that he could go back to Europe, and the guys over at America didn't understand Spanish and had to get translators

(wait, what am I saying, this is probably all just schizo ranting and is probably full of holes)

Dex-chan lover
I feel like Columbus's situation was more of "Am I getting isekaied?" confusion when he's actually still on the same plane of existence

Contributor
It seems useless to remind but isekai means different world, the first isekai was a non-Japanese novel about a man of the army who was extremely strong and after entering a cave he came out to Mars (not actual Mars, with life, oxygen and stuff). Since he was already strong in Earth-like terms, in Mars with aproximately a fourth of Earth gravity the people from there considered him a super-human. And then it was "Japanising Beam!" and we got all that non-sensical trash (except for few series).
Edit: use the same logic and you have Dragon Ball, with the gravity training chamber or Kaito's planet.

Dex-chan lover
It seems useless to remind but isekai means different world, the first isekai was a non-Japanese novel about a man of the army who was extremely strong and after entering a cave he came out to Mars (not actual Mars, with life, oxygen and stuff). Since he was already strong in Earth-like terms, in Mars with aproximately a fourth of Earth gravity the people from there considered him a super-human. And then it was "Japanising Beam!" and we got all that non-sensical trash (except for few series).
Edit: use the same logic and you have Dragon Ball, with the gravity training chamber or Kaito's planet.
Does time travel work as an isekai if it's long enough for the world to be completely different. It effectively is in some situations but I guess technically it isn't

Contributor
Time travel is pure SF, otherwise it's just people wanting to push things together just because they want. And even if you get into another timeline, it's not isekai. In fact, it implies changing the natural order of things by definition and whatnots, so you can simplify it by saying "another universe with different rules". Because magic is not precisely something compatible with the law of conservation of energy... and arriving to a planet in a remote galaxy where live non-carbon based would still be Science Fiction, not isekai. So, in short again, it has to be fantasy, because it goes beyond the realms of possibility in our reality. Oh, this is Shit & Giggles Thread, so I need to say something silly, the best isekai is the realm of yuri.

Users who are viewing this thread