Shokei Sareta Kenja wa Lich ni Tensei Shite Shinryaku Sensou wo Hajimaru - Vol. 9 Ch. 34 - The Great Spirit

Dex-chan lover
Interesting. So the world is not against his ideals but what unknown force, that he thinks, is against him? The Gods? Might be better to call Kratos for this :LOL:

Dex-chan lover
great spirit? all I see is egotistical maniac who destroy anything when they had a slight of leeway to do it, she herself is THE threat to the "planet"
No, she isn't a Threat to the Planet.
But she is Threat to anything Alive on the Planet.

Her Job is only to protect the Planet from Destruction, not protect its inhabitants.

That is simply how Mother Nature works.

Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Typhoons, Volcanic Eruptions, etc, all are natural disasters which destroys everything except the Planet itself.

Dex-chan lover
Great spirits don't care about the people. They are here to protect the planet and not the people, so why is she threatening Dwight when the worst he would do was to enslave all people (hypothetically) or destroy enemy races (hypothetically). None of which harms the planet based on great spirits thoughts.
So why would she care?
Well you can say that, as the Demon Lord gains powers, his scope of destruction also increases.

Current Demon Lord's (aka., MC) power is on a level which can level a city easily, but there isn't anything stopping it from reaching a point were it becomes equivalent to a Nuclear Blast or Meltdown or even worse (because a Demon Lord is probably born with that kind-off setting and level of future capabilities, which is why they are considered to be threat to the World).

Dex-chan lover
Taken another way, should a threat to the world in its entirety rise to oppose him he'll have a ridiculously powerful ally to stand at his side.
Lemme guess, the will of the world itself would threatened the world indirectly to stop MC and the great spirit would help MC

Dex-chan lover
36d26dd5941669fb6c209cc324c61db7.gif

Dex-chan lover
Great spirits don't care about the people. They are here to protect the planet and not the people, so why is she threatening Dwight when the worst he would do was to enslave all people (hypothetically) or destroy enemy races (hypothetically). None of which harms the planet based on great spirits thoughts.
So why would she care?
well i mean. did you see outside?
our planet is slowly dying because of our race, human action. even a cornered mouse will bite a predator back. who say human wouldn't do the same when backed to the corner.

i can imagine one scenario where a human tried to suck the magic of the world just to defeat MC even if it would end badly for the planet later. and the great spirit would have 2 option either erase humanity as a whole or erase MC, as he is the humanity problem. and im sure MC would defend humanity when great spirit decide that humanity need to be erased, since MC goal was not world domination or extinction of human. but to become a sole enemy of humanity to unite the world

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So why would she care?
Well for one thing he is the closest to having the power to destroy the world, and his job description is not exactly one of mercy and tolerance. Also he's kind of powered by an enduring grudge against the world and life.

Dex-chan lover
Goddamn a chapter full of conversation between living(?) beings with empty eye socket, talking eye to eye.

Pretty intense ngl. The "will of the world" trope is quite common sure but this is prolly the first time I've seen it get executed this way.

Dex-chan lover
great spirit? all I see is egotistical maniac who destroy anything when they had a slight of leeway to do it, she herself is THE threat to the "planet"
Yes, and no. Egotistical maniac? I guess... but only by the human standards. This is nature itself, it doesn't care about your feelings. It feels threatened - it retaliates. Simple as that.

Same thing as people nowadays calling "lets save the planet/nature". But the gist of it that unless humanity just blew it into smithereens, planet/nature aren't going to die. Nature just adapts, and lives in a different form, it doesn't need us to "save it". But people will die, since "new form" of nature might be inhospitable to us. But the one absolute truth still remains - nature doesn't care about it. Old species die, new species are born. It's a nature cycle that goes over and over. Humans aren't special. Humanity extinction will not matter to nature at all. Not even a little bit!

Dex-chan lover
Humanity is not equal to the world.
This remind me of "the day the earth stood still" Movie. Except, this time is spirit, not Alien

Dex-chan lover
So why would she care?
This world may not have our nukes, but I assure you with magic anything of equal destructive capabilities can and will be made. War tends to have bad consequences for the environment, so say, if a particularly powerful country (or coalition of countries) went to war with Dwight, it likely would have unintended consequences on the environment. Enough damage, and the spirits would act.

Users who are viewing this thread