Shokei Sareta Kenja wa Lich ni Tensei Shite Shinryaku Sensou wo Hajimaru - Vol. 9 Ch. 34 - The Great Spirit

Dex-chan lover
Reminds me of this George Carlin bit.

"Besides, there is nothing wrong with the planet… nothing wrong with the planet. The planet is fine… the people are fucked! Difference! The planet is fine! Compared to the people, THE PLANET IS DOING GREAT: Been here four and a half billion years! Do you ever think about the arithmetic? The planet has been here four and a half billion years, we’ve been here what? 100,000? Maybe 200,000? And we’ve only been engaged in heavy industry for a little over 200 years. 200 years versus four and a half billion and we have the conceit to think that somehow, we’re a threat? That somehow, we’re going to put in jeopardy this beautiful little blue-green ball that’s just a-floatin’ around the sun? The planet has been through a lot worse than us. Been through all kinds of things worse than us: been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drifts, solar flares, sunspots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles, hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and asteroids and meteors, worldwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages, and we think some plastic bags and aluminum cans are going to make a difference?"

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Great Spirit: "We're defense mechanisms that are created by the will of the world, which can only act with very specific circumstances to counteract certain threats."

Dwight, currently fighting the third enemy who he's identified as being spurred on/created by the "will of the world" in order to defeat him as a sort of planetary defense mechanism: "Damn, that's crazy. Never heard of such a thing."
Taken in another way, I guess you could say it’s like how our body creates white blood cells to protect us from harmful bacteria, but we ourselves can take in antibiotics to deal with said bacteria. Unless educated, people wouldn’t really know there was something in our body fighting that threat.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Great spirits don't care about the people. They are here to protect the planet and not the people, so why is she threatening Dwight when the worst he would do was to enslave all people (hypothetically) or destroy enemy races (hypothetically). None of which harms the planet based on great spirits thoughts.
So why would she care?
Think of it this way, he has equal or more power than her, so she needs to know his purpose because he has the potential to destroy the world. From her POV, him wanting to protect the humans seems strange since they’re a potential threat to the planet. I mean, look at ours. Earth’s slowly dying and we don’t even have magic involved.

Aggregator gang
Great chapter as always, thanks for bringing it here, I'll also reread it again on the scanlator website.

Dex-chan lover
"I cannot interfere" said the weird alien lady that just eradicated an entire country cause she got upset over her favorite marble being stolen.
Oppenheimer: Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
Great spirit: Hello there
Oppenheimer is a massive fucking wuss.
No more than one of a dozen dozen cogs in the machine yet decades after the fact he starts waxing poetic about his greatness and legacy.
Fuck him and that stupid movie.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
"I cannot interfere" said the weird alien lady that just eradicated an entire country cause she got upset over her favorite marble being stolen.
Because that said Marble is like a Child to it, meaning that Stone probably has the ability to tap into the power close to a Great Spirit, thus someone other than her handling it isn't appropriate. I mean, the situation isn't that different from a mother looking for her child.

Not to mention, she said that she won't interfere with the MC (aka., Demon Lord), as he isn't a Threat to the World yet. And as said before, the Great Spirit can't use her full power unless the World it at stake, and to defeat MC she would definitely need her full strength.
She didn't need her full strength to destroy a small Human Empire (in front of a natural disaster like the Great Spirit, even a country of hundred thousands of people would be small).

Dex-chan lover
I can never tell if this man is self aware of his own position and actions, or if he is so arrogant he is lamenting how he has not changed much after becoming a demon lord rather than understanding his own actions

Dex-chan lover
Taken another way, should a threat to the world in its entirety rise to oppose him he'll have a ridiculously powerful ally to stand at his side.
Or if he were to have a dead man’s switch, where he blows up the world if humanity perishes, it could force the great spirits to be allies temporarily.

Dex-chan lover
I can never tell if this man is self aware of his own position and actions, or if he is so arrogant he is lamenting how he has not changed much after becoming a demon lord rather than understanding his own actions
he is self aware, and equally aware that all his options to try and salvage world peace in the face of 4+ greedy empire leaders result in shitty options.

Dex-chan lover
Each chapter of this series have been constant bangers. Enjoyed them so much that i wouldn't mind this becoming a long term series, In fact I do hope this becomes a long running series.

The Great Spirit protects the planet and not humanity. Laying waste to their structures and life has no meaning to the survival of the world. She acts in interest of the will of the world and my guess is, her destruction and anger is a showcase of how serious it is to stand in her way. If the orb contains her power, I wonder if it will play a major role in the future if Dwight should ever face her as an enemy?

Users who are viewing this thread