Shoot Through a Different World with Magical Eyes and Bullets!

Dex-chan lover
So... is his rifle a bolt-action or semi-auto? Would the kind of rifle he uses matter later on or is this just gonna be a bs rifle that can go full auto. Kinda wanna know so I can drop this because then I'd see how much effort the author would put into working a rifle in this fantasy setting.

Oh great, another holier-than-thou hero who shows sympathy and won't hurt anyone really ever because he's such a nice guy. Wonder how long it'll take him to build a harem and then save the world only to be betrayed but forgive whoever because he's such a nice guy. What a shitshow.

The manga is extremely predictable in every sense of the word. There is nothing new here. Replace gun with magic/sword/bow and you got the same isekai you read a thousand times. Slave-girl who falls in love with MC, Adventurers guild, first mission gathering herbs. The same typical bullshit.

Jesus christ.

Double-page supporter
@Mr-Manga-Cat
Only partially correct, and not in any way that matters.

@Tamed
It's shaped like a bolt action but he wields it with the weight and behavior of a semi-auto handgun that has a carbon fiber long barrel grip. I don't think the artist knows how guns work because in some instances he holds it fully outstretched like a handgun and it just seems ridiculous that he would hold it that way, pull it back to grip it with his left hand so he can work the right handed bolt, then shift his right hand back to the grip and fully extend it again, especially for the scene at the start of chapter 8.
he shoots 3 guys in rapid succession and there are no movements indicating that he is using the bolt to chamber the gun, granted the magazine draws from a pocket dimension or something, but why even have the bolt then.

@olopoi
I don't think it's the right censoring lewds out of japan lad.

Dex-chan lover
@home7
Gonna drop it then. It interested me at first seeing he's got a vanguard-ish loli going on so I thought "oh okay, the rifle isn't bs" but then that happened and it's probably safe to assume that this is a bs rifle that's gonna do anything the plot requires later on.

@home7

Ok I see were my writing caused your misunderstanding, i used "right thinking" because english isn't my main language I didn't know how to name what we call "bien pensant" in my language. Basically people that think and do the "right thing" that society and media makes them believe is good. Sometimes called "allies", i like to call them hypocrites and fakes and they will alway be the ones talking in a condescending tone about the misery of others, telling you it's your fault and how much better they are because they spread the good opinion.

Do you see what i mean ? Is there a word or an expression in english to call these people ?
Sorry for the confusion that my poor english induced.

Also don't bring politics in this, this kind of people exists in both left and right wing movements.

Double-page supporter
@Tamed
Yeah he already made healing bullets to undo the damage to the cliche slave girl he bought, you're right to see it that way. If you want something with some isekai and a little more heavy on the military otaku angle give "Manuke na FPS Player ga Isekai e Ochita Baai" a try.

@olopoi
No you used the term correctly, the term "right thinking" is out of fashion and I did not spend enough time thinking to realize the meaning you intended. The political climate does not help.
In response to the statements:
Fiction has a real impact on how we frame and perceive things in real life. It does not exist in a void.
and
I realize you're being combative and a civil discussion will probably be difficult, but I'm going to try.
In that instance I would have used "moralizing" only to make it clearer to the reader, your choice of words was not incorrect.
Regardless he is wrong for imposing his personal morals and world view on a foreign culture as if his own world view was the only correct one. The thankful slave is definitely a cliche but his reasoning has nothing to do with it being a tired trope of poor writing but rather the religious dogma he prescribes to. So yeah, I get what you mean and I was ready to say it wasn't exclusively a left right thing as well.

Dex-chan lover
@home7
Yeah I've been reading that and it took a turn for the worse. The story seem to pretend that its MC isn't so OP but the reasoning behind is more of a hand-wave excuse. The manga follows GoT's director saying "the character kinda forgot" and that didn't fly with me before, it ain't flying now.

Dex-chan lover
jeez this is so boring the ML has boring taste in women and the FL is a dime in a dozen (she isn't so unique/standard cute loli or smth)
and the gun shouldn't have those damn *magic bullets* its basically tipped arrows but its a bullet and its magical
all in all im not saying its bad im saying its boring

"I don't want to stand out" The mc says as he buys a loli slave and buys expensive items that emit an aura easily noticed for said loli slave.
Also, yet again, a manga gives the mc a gun without understanding anything about guns. He holds the bolt action rifle like a pistol. And shoots it with one hand outstretched like one does for a pistol, which makes scopes essentially unusable, but he still has one on his gun. It acts like a semi-auto gun, which is odd as it has a bolt.
Also, the lack of any gun safety is appalling. He points a gun at a child and shoots them with a "special healing bullet" without knowing what would happen. Literally no proof that it wouldn't kill the kid. And this happens again with "fainting bullets" that he shoots three men with, point blank, after they've done nothing to warrant being shot. Him shooting them point blank execution style is another problem as well. Shooting from that close will cause charring on the skin, which is how police tell if someone was executed from point blank range.
Another thing, when he shoots wolves, they fucking get ripped in half. It looks like the bullets are 7.62 or some other medium caliber bullet, which wouldn't do much more than penetrate and leave a quarter inch hole. Even .50 caliber bullets wouldn't cause that much destruction. (There are videos of people hunting deer and other small/medium game with .50 caliber guns and they really only ruin a bit of meat where the bullet hits, nothing like what is shown in the manga.)
Over all, this boring pile of ass is just terrible in almost every way it tries to be unique

This is just another holier-than-thou protagonist, they always bring 'freedom' to the opressed, they share the highly cultured food of them, pffttt and of course they always 'save' the poor slaves, they don't want to stand out too, such bullshit, japanese authors are masters of false modesty, go away, this is just trash.
"It's just fiction, don't you know how to distinguish fiction and reality" "You're so close minded, this is just fiction"
Yeah, this is what i receive when i talk about the oversexualization of lolis, welp...
Fiction has a real impact on how we frame and perceive things in real life. It does not exist in a void.
Guess what fuckers!!!

Dex-chan lover
@Bucky_BKatt
I know right... I came here thinking "oh guns and a bunny girl", what could go wrong. Now I am questioning whether my socks feel offended if I should so choose to put them on starting with my right foot first.

Also, the lack of any gun safety is appalling. He points a gun at a child and shoots them with a "special healing bullet" without knowing what would happen. Literally no proof that it wouldn't kill the kid. And this happens again with "fainting bullets" that he shoots three men with, point blank, after they've done nothing to warrant being shot.

oh god, why do you even read the manga? there are a lot of good books that take gun safety into consideration, especially manuals for weapons, you are in the wrong place...
what did I even read right now... It is a fucking manga... probably killing a dragon would also be considered as animal abuse?

Users who are viewing this thread