"SHOPSKILL" Sae Areba, Dungeon ka Sita Sekaidemo Rakusyou da: Hakugai Sareta Shounen no Saikyou Zamaa Life - Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
Both the MC and the girl in the wheelchair would probably benefit from psychiatric care but that makes for a less interesting story I guess.

Therapy as we know it in the west isn't really a thing in Japan anyway. Mental health is pretty abysmal across the board and the high suicide rate isn't all that surprising, considering their work culture among other things.
dont act like the west is much better. people here have way worse mental disorders. everyone is on some sort of medication for some made up disorder whose symptom is "im sad rn"

Dex-chan lover
This is turning out to be a pretty shitty manga. The MC started out as this guy who desperately needed money and had to act to survive. Then it immediately switched into this pathetic subplot, where the MC is actively wasting money just to "reveal" as much drama as possible. Just cure her and be done with it.

Fed-Kun's army
what the fuck is going on with this manga? I liked the art style but this MC is way too unlikeably edgy and the story is so unpredictable? we went from a modern dungeon crawler to a magical gender bent therapist?

Dex-chan lover
what a shitty kid. just wants revenge because she lost her legs in an accident. and here i thought there might've been a real reason.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure if I'm miss interpreting this or everyone else is.
But it seems to me she is not mad she lost her legs, she is mad her dad raised her to be better then everyone else, which she was really proud of and then just told her "it doesn't matter", which in her eyes is him failing her.

Dex-chan lover
All those people nitpicking the manga while I just enjoy it. ¯\(ツ)

Dex-chan lover
Both the MC and the girl in the wheelchair would probably benefit from psychiatric care but that makes for a less interesting story I guess.

Therapy as we know it in the west isn't really a thing in Japan anyway. Mental health is pretty abysmal across the board and the high suicide rate isn't all that surprising, considering their work culture among other things.
Do they actually work though? It's a genuine question since it seems people always refer to psychiatric treatment to get better, but from what I see from my friend who got their treatments it doesn't help at all and is more like an expensive bandaid with a bunch of prescribed medicine but didn't solve the actual problem, he even tried different doctors but none are working. In fact, now he's even more stressed because of the expensive treatment.

I used to believe they probably work, but now I'm not so sure anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread