"SHOPSKILL" Sae Areba, Dungeon ka Sita Sekaidemo Rakusyou da: Hakugai Sareta Shounen no Saikyou Zamaa Life - Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
MC is so fucking unlikable.

Shits on his childhood friend because he lost his mom. Then calls this girl a brat for being mad her dad cost her her legs AND her mother.
His dad fucked up but he isn't a bad person, hes atleast trying to help by paying for a cure. not forgiving him, i can atleast understand partly because he caused a life injury and kinda fucked up her life. but she is actively refusing the cure he paid 1 million for just to make him suffer just a bit more by keeping herself a cripple

Contributor
She's a drama queen and you're a pretentious bitch (or paternalistic asshole). I don't know who's worse.

Dex-chan lover
Do they actually work though? It's a genuine question since it seems people always refer to psychiatric treatment to get better, but from what I see from my friend who got their treatments it doesn't help at all and is more like an expensive bandaid with a bunch of prescribed medicine but didn't solve the actual problem, he even tried different doctors but none are working. In fact, now he's even more stressed because of the expensive treatment.

I used to believe they probably work, but now I'm not so sure anymore.
This is purely my personal experience, but I know several people who have benefited from professional mental health care, myself included. I also know a few who therapy did not appear to help that medication did seem to give some relief. I believe some kind of help is better than no help at all, usually, but I'm not a professional psychiatrist.

I'm truly sorry it didn't work for your friend and I hope they find a solution that does help them.

Dex-chan lover
Do they actually work though? It's a genuine question since it seems people always refer to psychiatric treatment to get better, but from what I see from my friend who got their treatments it doesn't help at all and is more like an expensive bandaid with a bunch of prescribed medicine but didn't solve the actual problem, he even tried different doctors but none are working. In fact, now he's even more stressed because of the expensive treatment.

I used to believe they probably work, but now I'm not so sure anymore.
It depends. If you're just simply sad, then you need non-medicine therapy ie counseling which you have to be fully-cooperative with (can't help yourself if you don't want to help yourself). One of the things that they might have you do is to write a diary.

On the other hand, if there's something in your head that prevents you from acting like a functional human being (ie you can't work, you can't do chores, you can't get out of bed), then medicine might work. You could feel really numb, but you might also feel actually relaxed for the first time in years. But that's just my experience. Other people have different disorders and different prescriptions.

As for these two kids, they're literally just brats. They probably don't need medicine just yet. Counseling may help both of them. Crippled girl's father could use some parental advice too. MC's father though probably would had needed medicine.

Dex-chan lover
Both the MC and the girl in the wheelchair would probably benefit from psychiatric care but that makes for a less interesting story I guess.

Therapy as we know it in the west isn't really a thing in Japan anyway. Mental health is pretty abysmal across the board and the high suicide rate isn't all that surprising, considering their work culture among other things.

I doubt JP having "high" suicide rates is both relevant and true nowadays, the US boasts a higher rate even if mental health is completely ubiquitous in the public discourse. If anything I'd say they do a better job with people going through homelessness which is one if not the most vulnerable sector. Also the nordic countries are
quite high as well even if they're seen as almost utopian societies, though in their case I think it's a matter of just not having enough sunlight and having the most insipid cuisine known to man.

Dex-chan lover
His dad fucked up but he isn't a bad person, hes atleast trying to help by paying for a cure. not forgiving him, i can atleast understand partly because he caused a life injury and kinda fucked up her life. but she is actively refusing the cure he paid 1 million for just to make him suffer just a bit more by keeping herself a cripple
I see so she can get healed.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure if I'm miss interpreting this or everyone else is.
But it seems to me she is not mad she lost her legs, she is mad her dad raised her to be better then everyone else, which she was really proud of and then just told her "it doesn't matter", which in her eyes is him failing her.
This. I get with some therapy or something she might actually be cured. The daughter wanted attention so she chose those legs.

Users who are viewing this thread