"SHOPSKILL" Sae Areba, Dungeon ka Sita Sekaidemo Rakusyou da: Hakugai Sareta Shounen no Saikyou Zamaa Life - Vol. 2 Ch. 11

Dex-chan lover
Author kun seems to be re-writing the MCs as the chapters go along. He starts out pretty outgoing fighting back against bullies only to be betrayed by the class and- but oh wait nope, that was wrong he's been an angry edgelord all along who reads neichtz(?) as an 8 yr old.
Yeesh.
That MC is somehow similar to the other manga https://mangadex.org/title/e3d88382...ter-yuusha-yonin-ni-makikomareta-unique-cheat
Just because people read philosophy stuff early on makes them an edgelord? Seriously?

Dex-chan lover
Author kun seems to be re-writing the MCs as the chapters go along. He starts out pretty outgoing fighting back against bullies only to be betrayed by the class and- but oh wait nope, that was wrong he's been an angry edgelord all along who reads neichtz(?) as an 8 yr old.
Yeesh.

It's probably only 2 or 3 chapters away from finding out that he used to cut himself "just to feel something."

Dex-chan lover
That MC is somehow similar to the other manga https://mangadex.org/title/e3d88382...ter-yuusha-yonin-ni-makikomareta-unique-cheat
Just because people read philosophy stuff early on makes them an edgelord? Seriously?

No, I think you're looking at it backwards. It's not that reading philosophy makes you an edgelord. It's that edgelords are attracted to certain philosophers and their works, especially nihilism and especially Nietzsche because nothing shows how brooding and dark and mature you are like being into works about how the universe is a bleak pointless void on which humanity desperately tries to force order in a futile attempt to justify their own meaningless existence (or at least that's the pop philosophy version of Nietzsche that these sorts of things tend to convey)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Is this really what an ultra edgelord mc would want to morph into?

Dex-chan lover
The manga seems very different from the WN. The genderbend was there but a lot of other things have changed, like Sol having human form and a few more significant plot differences.

Dex-chan lover
No, I think you're looking at it backwards. It's not that reading philosophy makes you an edgelord. It's that edgelords are attracted to certain philosophers and their works, especially nihilism and especially Nietzsche because nothing shows how brooding and dark and mature you are like being into works about how the universe is a bleak pointless voice on which humanity desperately tries to force order in a futile attempt to justify their own meaningless existence (or at least that's the pop philosophy version of Nietzsche that these sorts of things tend to convey)
My guy it's just a manga, no need to get so bent out of shape because you don't like it.

Dex-chan lover
My guy it's just a manga, no need to get so bent out of shape because you don't like it.

Did you meant to quote the other post where I actually talked about thinking this manga sucked? Because discussing the link between edgelord characters and nihilistic philosophy hardly qualifies as being "bent out of shape" about something. And it has absolutely nothing to do with my thoughts on the series.

If you were intending to quote that post then there's not much I can say except that you massively misread my tone and intentions. And respectfully, that's on you. Trust me, if I was legitimately significantly annoyed or angered about something you'd be able to tell.

Dex-chan lover
image.png

"Remember when you got saved by that hot sword maiden? And you came right as she helped you up? It was me, Ousaka. I drank a metamorphosis potion so it'd seem like you nutted at just a woman's touch!"
ICANT

Dex-chan lover
Nope. I'm done. This is stupid, nonsensical edgelord garbage starring a shit protagonist.

Really, this feels like the kind of thing a chuuni kid would come up with. Even the fact that it's kind of gory but not really plays into that. It's like a 12-year-old's idea of a "mature" story because the MC had a crap life and doesn't understand these human emotions while his true potential is buried inside him. The only thing missing is him doing that stupid "claw hand over the face, looking through his splayed fingers" gesture that shit manga loves so much.
that wasnt obvious by the title? only realize it now? :pepela:

Dex-chan lover
that wasnt obvious by the title? only realize it now? :pepela:

I hadn't really paid much attention to the title because it felt like a lot of other series' titles in that it's that same sort of overly long, overly descriptive structure that a lot of shonen manga tend to go for.

If anything, the title is a bit misleading because "I'll have an easy life" almost sounds like it might imply one of those "slow life" type stories when instead this is anything but considering the MC is constantly in potentially mortal danger as he goes about his edgy, edgy business.

Users who are viewing this thread