"SHOPSKILL" Sae Areba, Dungeon ka Sita Sekaidemo Rakusyou da: Hakugai Sareta Shounen no Saikyou Zamaa Life - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
Ok, let’s break this down, Bully McGhee.

1. MC-kun has clearly shown that he’s not afraid of you
2. The only thing holding him back was the school’s sociopolitical hierarchy (aka your chairman daddy or grandpa, whatever)
3. You’ve very explicitly threatened to kill him, giving him a perfect alibi for a self-defensive killing
4. Like you said, no one’s gonna bat an eye if one more person turns up dead in these dungeons

He’s so smart, someone should give him an award. The Darwin Award, of course

Dex-chan lover
kinda wished for manga like this where the first thing the guy did is not helping/indirectly killing their bully

Fed-Kun's army
[Bullets bounce off the monsters]

...Wow, this manga actually managed to get even more fucking stupid than it already was with people walking around in a monster infested city going about their daily lives.

Dropped so god damn hard it could leave a crater.
With monsters restrained to some buildings, you can't stop everything simply because of them. Will people just starve themselves to death in the comfort of their own homes? Should the economy stop? Does that include food production and distribution? Water services? What about electricity? And how will people who aren't from these key sectors pay the bills? In the end, it's easier to adjust than to selectively stop a part of the economy.
You might think what if the country takes over every industry and distributes food and water for free to the citizens instead, but is there such a martial law in the constitution? No, so the country must pay for the food and water it distributes, it can't confiscate it. Then how can they guarantee their money is still worth anything compared to another country's currency? They need to keep trust up and keep the economy afloat. They also need to take on debt at least temporarily to solve the lack of immediate funds.
There are plenty of issues that simply would not allow the world to just stop due to a catastrophe.
Humans are resilient. Give them a few days and the abnormal becomes the new normal.

Dex-chan lover
Oh my god, there is so much bad information and misconception here... Also, I can't remember if in this manga if this is a world-wide phenomena or a Japanese only one. And I'm not fucking wasting my time going back to read to find out.

With monsters restrained to some buildings, you can't stop everything simply because of them. Will people just starve themselves to death in the comfort of their own homes? Should the economy stop? Does that include food production and distribution? Water services? What about electricity? And how will people who aren't from these key sectors pay the bills? In the end, it's easier to adjust than to selectively stop a part of the economy.

Do you happen to recall this period between 2020 and 2022 where just this happened? And where governments prevented people from going outside without reason and one government even went full tyrannical more tyrannical than usual and even welded people into their homes? We've already dealt with this issue with a MUCH LESS DRASTIC problem, my dude.

You might think what if the country takes over every industry and distributes food and water for free to the citizens instead, but is there such a martial law in the constitution?

...That's not what martial law is. That's nationalizing industry. And considering some of Japan's business and industries are already nationalized, it probably isn't that beyond the pale.

Also, again, we already dealt with essential personnel issues before.

No, so the country must pay for the food and water it distributes, it can't confiscate it.

...Japan is known as a country where natural disasters are a common concern. They have disaster relief programs and systems just like FEMA and whatnot. They have food stored. Things like MREs/rations, etc. A lot of the food initially given out during Operation Tomodachi was actually Japanese. USFJ and the American military were just using our logistical capabilities to distribute it faster because it was the right thing to do other than just sit back and do nothing.

Then how can they guarantee their money is still worth anything compared to another country's currency?

Going back to the opening, if this is a world-wide phenomena, it's pointless to care about.

In the end, you have vastly more fucking serious problems to worry about than your exchange rate if this is happening in your country.

They need to keep trust up and keep the economy afloat. They also need to take on debt at least temporarily to solve the lack of immediate funds.

Again, there's this period between 2020-2022... The answer is you just accrue debt or dip into the wonderful, wonderful world of qualitative easing (read: money printer goes BRRRRRRRR). Guess which the United States did.

At the end of the day, what is more important: Your GDP growth or stopping your citizens from being murdered wholesale? It's the latter. For countries that actually care about their people, anyways. Which includes Japan.

There are plenty of issues that simply would not allow the world to just stop due to a catastrophe.
Humans are resilient. Give them a few days and the abnormal becomes the new normal.

Japan had people stay in their homes unless absolutely necessary for the better part of 2 years without government soldiers or police to physically stop them.

...Why do you think when LITERAL MAN-EATING-FUCKING-MONSTERS ARE ROAMING THE STREETS AND TAKING OVER BUILDINGS AND KILLING EVERYONE IN THEM that they'll just be going to Starbucks like normal?

...No. That's how you get people unnecessarily killed. Like I said in another chapter where they had like a fucking elementary school or some shit with kids still in it. What happens if monsters burst into that while kids are still inside? You're going to have dozens or hundreds of kids killed. No. That's a security and safety risk.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh my god, there is so much bad information and misconception here... Also, I can't remember if in this manga if this is a world-wide phenomena or a Japanese only one. And I'm not fucking wasting my time going back to read to find out.

Do you happen to recall this period between 2020 and 2022 where just this happened? And where governments prevented people from going outside without reason and one government even went full tyrannical more tyrannical than usual and even welded people into their homes? We've already dealt with this issue with a MUCH LESS DRASTIC problem, my dude.

...That's not what martial law is. That's nationalizing industry. And considering some of Japan's business and industries are already nationalized, it probably isn't that beyond the pale.

Also, again, we already dealt with essential personnel issues before.

...Japan is known as a country where natural disasters are a common concern. They have disaster relief programs and systems just like FEMA and whatnot. They have food stored. Things like MREs/rations, etc. A lot of the food initially given out during Operation Tomodachi was actually Japanese. USFJ and the American military were just using our logistical capabilities to distribute it faster because it was the right thing to do other than just sit back and do nothing.

Going back to the opening, if this is a world-wide phenomena, it's pointless to care about.

In the end, you have vastly more fucking serious problems to worry about than your exchange rate if this is happening in your country.

Again, there's this period between 2020-2022... The answer is you just accrue debt or dip into the wonderful, wonderful world of qualitative easing (read: money printer goes BRRRRRRRR). Guess which the United States did.

At the end of the day, what is more important: Your GDP growth or stopping your citizens from being murdered wholesale? It's the latter. For countries that actually care about their people, anyways. Which includes Japan.

Japan had people stay in their homes unless absolutely necessary for the better part of 2 years without government soldiers or police to physically stop them.

...Why do you think when LITERAL MAN-EATING-FUCKING-MONSTERS ARE ROAMING THE STREETS AND TAKING OVER BUILDINGS AND KILLING EVERYONE IN THEM that they'll just be going to Starbucks like normal?

...No. That's how you get people unnecessarily killed. Like I said in another chapter where they had like a fucking elementary school or some shit with kids still in it. What happens if monsters burst into that while kids are still inside? You're going to have dozens or hundreds of kids killed. No. That's a security and safety risk.
It's clear you have no idea what you're talking about, but I'll still spend time to answer all of your points, one by one.

You might have forgotten, but during covid, laws had to be passed to enable democratic governments to put lockdowns in place. The only existing laws to deal with these kinds of situations now are restricted to war and health.

Nationalizing requires more than just paperwork, it requires laws passed through the regular system. In Japan, it must go through the National Diet. Martial law is a shortcut, it's a list of things a government is allowed to do according to certain conditions, this includes setting up curfews and restricting access to certain places in most cases, but not keeping people home 100% of the time.
On top of that, you're underestimating how powerful Japan's companies are. The big industrial families are not just well-connected, they have a big say in what politicians are doing. The recent scandals are just the tip of the iceberg. Japan's economy is way more centralized around a few big players than the US and a lot of other countries, though of course, not at the level of South Korea's.

Having disaster relief programs working at the scale of a quarter of the country and having it work at the scale of the entire country is very different.
Not only is disaster relief more temporary in nature: we expect the need to reduce drastically with time, but there's also the question of logistics. Your country just isn't ready to feed its entire population for months, you'd need more non-perishable than it produces in a year.

It might be a shocker to you, but countries don't care about other countries, they only pretend to.
In the end, countries are an authority and a tool, their only goal is to further the interest of their citizens, or sometimes of some of their citizens. In the end, anything else is just PR. Countries whose citizens might share strong bonds may be nicer to each other, but in a disaster, no one cares about PR anymore.
In a disaster, every country will be trying to minimize their losses, and the best way to do that is to maximize the other countries' losses to you. Trade is beneficial to both parties, to the extent to which both parties value said trade.
Any country would only trade excess to other countries, but this excess would still be worth a lot, considering they don't know how long the situation would last. The acquiring country, on the other hand, would be desperate for their missing supplies, and thus see that excess' worth multiplied. With both sides agreeing to an inflated value, of course the price would be higher.

Debt is a solution, I mentioned it if you actually read my comment, but it does not work long-term.
Quantitative easing (not qualitative), is when you buy your own bonds and stocks to keep the market up. It does not lead to more money on the market, just less money in the government's coffers. To put more money in the government's coffers, you need to print money, it is not a side effect.
Quantitative easing does well when it comes to stimulating the economy, but it does nothing on a dead economy and does nothing but accelerate the death of a declining economy.
Both printing money and quantitative easing lead to greater inflation. It is a clutch, not a cure, you are borrowing against time, hoping to be able to pay the interest later.
You're using the US as an example, look at where they stand right now. The inflation that was expected to go down with the higher interest rates in 2023 didn't, and then the spring of 2024 didn't bring anything to the table.

It's not about GDP growth, it's about resources. Few countries are truly autonomous, so they require international trade to sustain the lifestyle of their citizens.
Japan, for example, imports petrol, coal, meat, tobacco, a lot of chemicals, pharmaceutical products, medical apparatus, and even plastics.
Japan is only less than 60% self-sufficient in food right now.
What would they do without trade, if they can't get food from their neighbors, or from resource-rich nations?
Any country that cares about its citizens wouldn't forget to keep its international relations and financial standing up, especially Japan, which needs it the most.

Japan passed a law to keep people inside. Of course, they can just say "please stay home" and a lot of people would comply, but this wouldn't be by law.
If the government passed a law, people would stay inside, but it still wouldn't be mandatory. The state of emergency was no-mandatory for covid, simply because they estimated they couldn't force people to stay inside and still be within the bounds of the constitution, even by passing a law.

They wouldn't go to Starbucks, but they'd still go to work.
The monsters are restrained to buildings at first, then way later restrained to areas, there's no reason for them to not just avoid these areas and go to work.

Schools would probably get canceled, and it seems like it did. There are things though that are just too important to stop, this includes work, especially in manufacturing, medical, financial, military, and emergency response sectors.

Dex-chan lover
It's clear you have no idea what you're talking about, but I'll still spend time to answer all of your points, one by one.

I'm sorry, this coming from the the guy that just thinks governments like Japan have nothing in place for disasters? Okay, bud.

You might have forgotten, but during covid, laws had to be passed to enable democratic governments to put lockdowns in place. The only existing laws to deal with these kinds of situations now are restricted to war and health.

Nope. Wrong. America did not adopt new laws and this is why a lot of this was fought in the courts. And governments both state and federal are recognized to have overstepped their legal authority. Case in point: New Jersey fining gyms for staying open despite complying with federal guidelines.

And, oh, don't worry, I show that you're still wrong on an international level, specifically regarding Japan later.

Nationalizing requires more than just paperwork, it requires laws passed through the regular system.

Goalpost moving. You didn't even correctly identify it as nationalization.

In Japan, it must go through the National Diet. Martial law is a shortcut, it's a list of things a government is allowed to do according to certain conditions, this includes setting up curfews and restricting access to certain places in most cases, but not keeping people home 100% of the time.

And if you bothered to look, you'd see that there are no provisions for the Japanese government to declare what we'd call martial law. Do you think that would stop it from being done?

Seriously, you're acting like having your country invaded by a foreign enemy is just nothing to worry about and things will continue on as normal. It can't. You're at war in this scenario.

On top of that, you're underestimating how powerful Japan's companies are. The big industrial families are not just well-connected, they have a big say in what politicians are doing.

...Stop pretending that the zaibatsus are still a thing. Also, we have plenty of evidence that what you're claiming isn't true. Like BIG MOTOR fucking around and finding out. Including the insurance carries that they worked with that were engaging in corrupt practices. If what you're doing is illegal or beyond the pale, you aren't getting off scot-free even in Japan.

Sorry, but no. Same goes for TEPCO. They stepped in a massive pile of shit.

Having disaster relief programs working at the scale of a quarter of the country and having it work at the scale of the entire country is very different.

Do you think affected regions don't have impact outside of them? Newsflash: They do. There's infrastructure and logistics. You can't just write off portions of the country and say that they don't matter.

Case in point: The Port of Baltimore only constituted TWO PERCENT of all America's waterborne freight. Yet that was and still is a logical-fucking-nightmare to deal with.

Not only is disaster relief more temporary in nature: we expect the need to reduce drastically with time, but there's also the question of logistics. Your country just isn't ready to feed its entire population for months, you'd need more non-perishable than it produces in a year.

...This has only been several days in the manga up to this point. And food relief is a thing.

Also, tell me you didn't so much as even googled how long Operation Tomodachi and other relief efforts have lasted without telling me you haven't so much as even googled.

It might be a shocker to you, but countries don't care about other countries, they only pretend to.

Ah, see, we have some contradictory and bullshit logic here from you and I'll point it out. You claim that countries like Japan would be more concerned about their economy and preserving it in this situation where even real world issues show you're being full of shit. COVID, for instance, shut down Taiwanese processor manufacturing which severely hampered American industry. Japan, in case you haven't noticed, has a lot of economic trade with countries like America and America would be rather negatively affected economically if they didn't give a single solitary fuck about Japan, which you basically act like is all that matters to the point of delusion.

You do not get to have your cake and eat it. Your own arguments are conflict with one another and you didn't even fucking realize it because of how lost you are.

Debt is a solution, I mentioned it if you actually read my comment, but it does not work long-term.

Doesn't matter. You don't really have an option in this case. History is on my side with examples. Do you think Japan prioritized minimizing debt from 1931 to 1945? This isn't much different from war time footing. The fact that you're arguing that a country much continue business is, frankly, flying in the face of historical reality.

Quantitative easing (not qualitative), is when you buy your own bonds and stocks to keep the market up. It does not lead to more money on the market

Wrong. Because when you're buying your own stocks and bonds, you're increasing the monetary supply. It's inflationary.

Quantitative easing does well when it comes to stimulating the economy

...Yeah, it did wonders for America, the UK and Japan. No problems whatsoever.

but it does nothing on a dead economy and does nothing but accelerate the death of a declining economy.

It's not a dead economy. You still have functioning economic sectors in this situation.

And it's telling you would say it does nothing but accelerate the death of a declining economy... and ignore when America started QE. It would be interesting if it happened during the largest economic crisis in decades of the country's history.

Both printing money and quantitative easing lead to greater inflation. It is a clutch, not a cure, you are borrowing against time, hoping to be able to pay the interest later.

Which, if your country is under siege, is rather unavoidable.

You're using the US as an example, look at where they stand right now. The inflation that was expected to go down with the higher interest rates in 2023 didn't, and then the spring of 2024 didn't bring anything to the table.

We'd be going back much further than 2023 in America.

It's not about GDP growth, it's about resources. Few countries are truly autonomous, so they require international trade to sustain the lifestyle of their citizens.
Japan, for example, imports petrol, coal, meat, tobacco, a lot of chemicals, pharmaceutical products, medical apparatus, and even plastics.
Japan is only less than 60% self-sufficient in food right now.
What would they do without trade, if they can't get food from their neighbors, or from resource-rich nations?
Any country that cares about its citizens wouldn't forget to keep its international relations and financial standing up, especially Japan, which needs it the most.

Again, in direct contradiction to your earlier claims. You are trying to have it both ways. Japan falling economically or militarily would directly impact the economy of dozens of other countries for years, perhaps decades, to come. That's something that would be prevented. There's a reason why countries like Taiwan, that no one really wants to fight China over, are becoming countries that can not be allowed to fall due to outside influence.

Japan passed a law to keep people inside.

...Oh yeah? Name the law.

You can't, because the law you say came about when you claim it did... Never did. Going back to my previous rebuttal showing that, no, these countries mostly weren't using new laws... and THAT WAS THE FUCKING PROBLEM FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE. And, in countries were it was possible, government restrictions were contested in courts and many done so successfully BECAUSE there was no new legislation that permitted their fuckery.

Case in point: What Japan used back in 2021 in response to COVID was not some new law... but Article 32, Paragraph 1 of the Act on Special Measures for Pandemic Influenza and New Infectious Diseases Preparedness and Response. Which was passed back in 2012.

Oh, and before you get clever with citing government regulatory bodies and agencies updating their regulations: That's supposedly within their authority. That's not new law. (Except when it is, thanks BATFE - but to prove me point even there they are being absolutely ass-reamed in the courts case after case for this. Rightfully so.)

Of course, they can just say "please stay home" and a lot of people would comply, but this wouldn't be by law.

It still wasn't law for most places. Hence the court cases. Again. Overreach was a thing. Don't pretend otherwise. And this was for something that was no where near as dangerous as this.

If the government passed a law, people would stay inside, but it still wouldn't be mandatory.

They're going to find it pretty fucking mandatory when people with service rifles tell them to go the fuck back home.

The state of emergency was no-mandatory for covid, simply because they estimated they couldn't force people to stay inside and still be within the bounds of the constitution, even by passing a law.

Which, again, would realistically take a seat back when... your country has literally been invaded. You can't really compare public health measures with a fucking invasion, man.

They wouldn't go to Starbucks, but they'd still go to work.

If they were essential personnel, yes. (As I already previously pointed out and you ignored.)
If they weren't, no.

Also, this may come as a shock, but some people work at Starbucks, so that is a further contradiction in your own argument.

The monsters are restrained to buildings at first

...No they fucking aren't. How do you think they get into buildings? They assault and break into them and kill anyone inside them. Including the office worker you insist SIMPLY MUST report to work like it's essential. So you're advocating buildings to be stacked full of soft targets that have no way of defending themselves and probably pose as a tempting treat to monsters that are roaming around entertaining buildings because... "muh ekonami."

then way later restrained to areas, there's no reason for them to not just avoid these areas and go to work.

Do you have a crystal fucking ball to tell when and where these monsters are going to appear? We just established BULLETS BOUNCE OF THEM BECAUSE THE MANGA IS DOGSHIT. So how are you going to cordon them off? By asking politely? In the meantime, you're having buildings packed with dozens and dozens of people and you're going to get then unnecessarily killed.

Schools would probably get canceled, and it seems like it did.

There was another chapter where I was exasperated that there were kids in a day care or something still after all this happened and everyone knew it was a danger, so no.

There are things though that are just too important to stop, this includes work, especially in manufacturing, medical, financial, military, and emergency response sectors.

Almost like ESSENTIAL WORKERS that I already addressed. Shocking.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm sorry, this coming from the the guy that just thinks governments like Japan have nothing in place for disasters? Okay, bud.

Nope. Wrong. America did not adopt new laws and this is why a lot of this was fought in the courts. And governments both state and federal are recognized to have overstepped their legal authority. Case in point: New Jersey fining gyms for staying open despite complying with federal guidelines.

And, oh, don't worry, I show that you're still wrong on an international level, specifically regarding Japan later.

Goalpost moving. You didn't even correctly identify it as nationalization.

And if you bothered to look, you'd see that there are no provisions for the Japanese government to declare what we'd call martial law. Do you think that would stop it from being done?

Seriously, you're acting like having your country invaded by a foreign enemy is just nothing to worry about and things will continue on as normal. It can't. You're at war in this scenario.

...Stop pretending that the zaibatsus are still a thing. Also, we have plenty of evidence that what you're claiming isn't true. Like BIG MOTOR fucking around and finding out. Including the insurance carries that they worked with that were engaging in corrupt practices. If what you're doing is illegal or beyond the pale, you aren't getting off scot-free even in Japan.

Sorry, but no. Same goes for TEPCO. They stepped in a massive pile of shit.

Do you think affected regions don't have impact outside of them? Newsflash: They do. There's infrastructure and logistics. You can't just write off portions of the country and say that they don't matter.

Case in point: The Port of Baltimore only constituted TWO PERCENT of all America's waterborne freight. Yet that was and still is a logical-fucking-nightmare to deal with.

...This has only been several days in the manga up to this point. And food relief is a thing.

Also, tell me you didn't so much as even googled how long Operation Tomodachi and other relief efforts have lasted without telling me you haven't so much as even googled.

Ah, see, we have some contradictory and bullshit logic here from you and I'll point it out. You claim that countries like Japan would be more concerned about their economy and preserving it in this situation where even real world issues show you're being full of shit. COVID, for instance, shut down Taiwanese processor manufacturing which severely hampered American industry. Japan, in case you haven't noticed, has a lot of economic trade with countries like America and America would be rather negatively affected economically if they didn't give a single solitary fuck about Japan, which you basically act like is all that matters to the point of delusion.

You do not get to have your cake and eat it. Your own arguments are conflict with one another and you didn't even fucking realize it because of how lost you are.

Doesn't matter. You don't really have an option in this case. History is on my side with examples. Do you think Japan prioritized minimizing debt from 1931 to 1945? This isn't much different from war time footing. The fact that you're arguing that a country much continue business is, frankly, flying in the face of historical reality.

Wrong. Because when you're buying your own stocks and bonds, you're increasing the monetary supply. It's inflationary.

...Yeah, it did wonders for America, the UK and Japan. No problems whatsoever.

It's not a dead economy. You still have functioning economic sectors in this situation.

And it's telling you would say it does nothing but accelerate the death of a declining economy... and ignore when America started QE. It would be interesting if it happened during the largest economic crisis in decades of the country's history.

Which, if your country is under siege, is rather unavoidable.

We'd be going back much further than 2023 in America.

Again, in direct contradiction to your earlier claims. You are trying to have it both ways. Japan falling economically or militarily would directly impact the economy of dozens of other countries for years, perhaps decades, to come. That's something that would be prevented. There's a reason why countries like Taiwan, that no one really wants to fight China over, are becoming countries that can not be allowed to fall due to outside influence.

...Oh yeah? Name the law.

You can't, because the law you say came about when you claim it did... Never did. Going back to my previous rebuttal showing that, no, these countries mostly weren't using new laws... and THAT WAS THE FUCKING PROBLEM FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE. And, in countries were it was possible, government restrictions were contested in courts and many done so successfully BECAUSE there was no new legislation that permitted their fuckery.

Case in point: What Japan used back in 2021 in response to COVID was not some new law... but Article 32, Paragraph 1 of the Act on Special Measures for Pandemic Influenza and New Infectious Diseases Preparedness and Response. Which was passed back in 2012.

Oh, and before you get clever with citing government regulatory bodies and agencies updating their regulations: That's supposedly within their authority. That's not new law. (Except when it is, thanks BATFE - but to prove me point even there they are being absolutely ass-reamed in the courts case after case for this. Rightfully so.)

It still wasn't law for most places. Hence the court cases. Again. Overreach was a thing. Don't pretend otherwise. And this was for something that was no where near as dangerous as this.

They're going to find it pretty fucking mandatory when people with service rifles tell them to go the fuck back home.

Which, again, would realistically take a seat back when... your country has literally been invaded. You can't really compare public health measures with a fucking invasion, man.

If they were essential personnel, yes. (As I already previously pointed out and you ignored.)
If they weren't, no.

Also, this may come as a shock, but some people work at Starbucks, so that is a further contradiction in your own argument.

...No they fucking aren't. How do you think they get into buildings? They assault and break into them and kill anyone inside them. Including the office worker you insist SIMPLY MUST report to work like it's essential. So you're advocating buildings to be stacked full of soft targets that have no way of defending themselves and probably pose as a tempting treat to monsters that are roaming around entertaining buildings because... "muh ekonami."

Do you have a crystal fucking ball to tell when and where these monsters are going to appear? We just established BULLETS BOUNCE OF THEM BECAUSE THE MANGA IS DOGSHIT. So how are you going to cordon them off? By asking politely? In the meantime, you're having buildings packed with dozens and dozens of people and you're going to get then unnecessarily killed.

There was another chapter where I was exasperated that there were kids in a day care or something still after all this happened and everyone knew it was a danger, so no.

Almost like ESSENTIAL WORKERS that I already addressed. Shocking.
You do realize half of your arguments are against yourself by now? You were saying disaster relief would be easy, but now you're saying it's difficult.
You were saying the economy could stop, now you're saying it can't.
You are pretty consistent when it comes to thinking governments are all-powerful entities, however.

Users who are viewing this thread