Shoujo Manga Protagonist x Rival-San (Magazine) - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Fed-Kun's army
@Dead-chan Thanks for the chapter! Couple of minor things:
1. Page 13 - The narration says "For her to have gotten that close to Mizushima-kun..." Shouldn't this be "For me to have gotten this close to Mizushima-kun..."? I realize the panel is showing Hiyama, but the narration right before/after this is all Kimura, and related to this line. So I'm pretty sure Kimura is the one narrating, i.e. "It's like a dream... For me to have gotten this close to Mizushima-kun... Is it okay for me to be this happy...?"
2. Page 23 - Kimura says "She sticks to me like this every day on our way to school..." Shouldn't this be "You stick to me like this every day on our way to school..."? Since Kimura is speaking to Hiyama. Similarly the "She..." in the narration immediately before should probably be "You..." because it is leads into the "You stick to me" line.

was the manga changed somehow? I kind of remember stuff differently from chapter 1-3. I'm not complaining though. Much better if I say so myself.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the great chapter, oh wow that's the most characterization that Mizushima and dialogue he's received so far in either series and I think that's the most interaction he's been shown to have with either protag so far. Also with quite the savage remark. I think part of the roadblocks here is that a)Hiyama still has difficulty properly and fully communicating her feelings directly to Kimura in ways that don't come off like her berating someone and b) Kimura is still somewhat intimidated by Hiyama and views her as this standard/rival she needs to match/overcome to achieve her original goal. C)Being Kimura still needs to fully come to terms with being able to love/appreciate herself and not look at herself in such a negative/judgemental manner. Which at least in that last part Hiyama is slowly helping her with since I think it occurred to Kimura that inducing Hiyama's yuri induced stroke after her makeover was one of the best compliments anyone in that entire region of Japan could have given her regarding her appearance.
Love both versions of this series and I'm hoping the serialized version includes Hiyama's called shot/declaration/prediction that Kimura shall in fact be her future wife.

Double-page supporter
Kimura trying to save herself by saying their hearts connect lmao

Dex-chan lover
The only bad thing about this manga, is that it most likely will took years before good progression. If its not gonna be axed.

A Yuri manga with actually feasible characters? No way!

But no, we have the one gay lass who's insecure because she doesn't know if her crush likes her back, the other lass who doesn't know how to respond to her feelings (considering how from what we've seen up until now she's most likely heterosexual), and that one lad who has no idea what's happening.

I love this.

The mc's and her crush's relationship reminds me of Marinette and Adrien (Miraculous Ladybug). Her friend Tomoe is like Alya.

Users who are viewing this thread