Shoukan sareta Kenja wa Isekai wo Yuku - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
@LysandersTreason the currency always has a name other then <rare metal>-coin.

Even in history. Denarius, Shekel, Florin are all names of historical coins.

Contributor
Nothing breaks Psychological Trauma like Emotional Trauma.

@Coronad21 Three volumes worth, so maybe 15-20 chapters.

Tax Leins, too much reality in my escapist entertainment!

Also PSA in the chapter: Always do a title search before buying a property, ESPECIALLY one in forclosure.

@LysandersTreason i think the way it works is “Gil” is the name of the entire currency like, USD(united states dollars) and AUD (Australian dollar) while gold/silver/copper coins are the equivalent to cents and dollars or pounds and shillings. Either that or the creator/translator got bored of the copper/silver/gold system and just used gil

Dex-chan lover
@kholl83

@sjmcc13

Florin wasn't the name of a currency, it was the name of a coin, in particular a gold coin, with a standardized weight and purity. Several countries later made their own florins, but the general principle was the same.

There's been no mention of the word gil. Why would we have needed an explanation that '1 copper = 100 yen' the previous chapter, when he could have simply said, "1 gil = 1 yen, and a copper coin is 100 gil"

I am of course assuming that Gil = yen because otherwise it seems rent of 150,000 gil per month would be a bit excessive. If gil = yen, then that's 1500 coppers, or 15 silver coins, and she's saying that's a pretty big discount (only 15%) of the normal price, so it would normally be 100 silver coins (1 gold coin) per month.

Realistically, there must be a unit of currency smaller than the copper coin, because if "one dollar" was the minimum size then you wouldn't be able to sell anything cheaper than that. One can only assume then that the "gil" is basically a penny, and 100 gil = 1 copper (since 100 copper = 1 silver, and 100 silver = 1 gold).

Anyway just seems like bad writing in general. Of course this is basically just a rip off of final fantasy anyway, even down to the races. The wizard girl is a lalafell, the beastskin are miqo'te, etc.

Let's just agree that it's weird to explain coin values in chapter 3 and then use a totally different phrase and different amounts the next chapter

Dex-chan lover
@madx1 I did think it was rather wondrous to get a house for a parfait - the reveal was a nice whammy XD

Dex-chan lover
I alway found that those tiny hats look ridiculous (it's like wearing a part of a clown outfit that try way to hard to be cute and make the character look stupid instead...)

Double-page supporter
YAY the house is a girl!
NOW he can have the possibility of fking the house!!
I'm so fking tired of this shit

that guy got an interdimensional box full of god knows what stuff and lots of money. he can do a weekly work of a full-fledged group in a single day, and he still dares to worry about the cost of renting a mansion
ha-ha~ that silly 35 years old dude~

@greyhud90 LOL

394.jpg

Supporter
these chapters are hella long
which is cool, but

wtf the house is way too convenient. Like by 6 orders of magnitude

Users who are viewing this thread