Shoushaman no Isekai Survival ~ Zettai Hito to wa Tsurumanee ~ - Vol. 6 Ch. 24

Dex-chan lover
this is lovely but this version still doesn't do as much to show her character. He talks about how he likes that she has flaws but only has praise to give her. If you're going to use the flower with thorns imagery than you could atleast mention the thorns. The author changed it between the wn and ln to make her a little more passive for various reasons.

Dex-chan lover
Is this supposed to address his lack of communication during the tattoo removal chapter?
If so, does this mean she might get a new tattoo down the line? :thonk:
The multiple mentions of the gerbera flower, along with the confirmation of "tattoos as fashion" + Marugo having one to remember his wife, makes me think there's a possibility she'll get gerbera/flower tattoos at some point, if anything.

But I'm kinda not holding my breath on it tbh, lmao.

this is lovely but this version still doesn't do as much to show her character. He talks about how he likes that she has flaws but only has praise to give her. If you're going to use the flower with thorns imagery than you could atleast mention the thorns. The author changed it between the wn and ln to make her a little more passive for various reasons.
I feel like this is possibly a translation thing losing a bit of nuance, because rather than flaws (like personality flaws that he would have negative things to say about), I think what he's actually talking about is her less-than-rosy past of abuse and the special conditions of her upbringing. He's more saying that her messed up past helped shape her into the person she is now, and that if she'd had a perfect life up to this point, she would probably be someone less special + he wouldn't have fallen for her. So he doesn't have anything other than praise to give her at this point.

Also despite the gerbera being shown as having thorns, I don't think that's what they're going for (since I don't think they actually mention the thorns in the chapter). As they mention, it "blooms in the roadside mud", which is basically talking about flourishing despite growing from bad conditions, mirroring her situation, it's not talking about someone who has a good + bad side like thorns do.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like this is possibly a translation thing losing a bit of nuance, because rather than flaws (like personality flaws that he would have negative things to say about), I think what he's actually talking about is her less-than-rosy past of abuse and the special conditions of her upbringing. He's more saying that her messed up past helped shape her into the person she is now, and that if she'd had a perfect life up to this point, she would probably be someone less special + he wouldn't have fallen for her. So he doesn't have anything other than praise to give her at this point.

Also despite the gerbera being shown as having thorns, I don't think that's what they're going for (since I don't think they actually mention the thorns in the chapter). As they mention, it "blooms in the roadside mud", which is basically talking about flourishing despite growing from bad conditions, mirroring her situation, it's not talking about someone who has a good + bad side like thorns do.
yeah, I get it, it's just that I'm a little disappointed at some of the changes and what was cut out is all. She was a bit...guess you could say 'tougher' originally and it kinda has an impact on some events. In fact, there's a lot of things that get cut out here that explains stuff or develops characters but it's like doing all the side quests before continuing the main story. By the time you start again, all the tensions lost.

So, I understand why they are showing and what they probably meant but, with the comparisons with the wn in the back of my head, it just kinda bothers me.

Double-page supporter
And then, that cold night deep in the heart of a forest inside a little wooden wagon...
1GzSnfN.gif

At least this is what I think should happen. But with our dense Japan man here I'm not fully confident on this outcome.

Dex-chan lover
yeah, I get it, it's just that I'm a little disappointed at some of the changes and what was cut out is all. She was a bit...guess you could say 'tougher' originally and it kinda has an impact on some events. In fact, there's a lot of things that get cut out here that explains stuff or develops characters but it's like doing all the side quests before continuing the main story. By the time you start again, all the tensions lost.

So, I understand why they are showing and what they probably meant but, with the comparisons with the wn in the back of my head, it just kinda bothers me.
Yeah, it's rare to get adaptations of web/light novels that keep the details you want, but I don't think we lost too much here.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, it's rare to get adaptations of web/light novels that keep the details you want, but I don't think we lost too much here.
I'd say it's a lot. On top of training her up to fight by sniping and throwing grenades, we get a peek at a few different things about her and the world. Her stats show that Keigo's intial stats are actually kinda normal, with people developing extremely loopsided stats focusing on their profession. For Yurina, she had 1 in everything but Dex since, outside of working at the bar, she's a part of the tailors guild so she's good at making clothes and crafting items. They also find out the whole guild points thing is a subsidy. Learning a skill is just a matter of figuring out the flow of energy or mana for it. If you can't figure it out yourself, anyone who knows would teach for a fee and learning from a guild using contribution points is just so the members continue to improve without being reluctant due to the price. In fact, it's established that Keigo doesn't actually have any unique abilities outside of appraisal which lets him know about recipes. Anyone else can learn and he's pretty open about teaching to acquaintances, employees, former enemies, or slum children.

still, I get why, the author explained some of the changes in the author's notes. It's just that I think those were things worth knowing and am not as fond of the results of the changes.

Users who are viewing this thread