Shujinkou Janai! - Vol. 5 Ch. 29

Dex-chan lover
It’s like I read some weird fusion of Fire Emblem with Wii Motion Plus games. The developers set a spaghetti code and could only work around starting choices.
Like, Rex is a Hagen/Frederick character that the game gives you with high stats and all, but then to make lore work they set villagers like his sister with special values as if they couldn’t design her any other way.
They made a countdown event around Rose but instead of setting up a specific flag they put the switch on her HP and MP values.

It’s like the author had to work in Inti Creates back when one of the developers made everyone use a western english code they couldn’t properly comprehend and he used all that rage to draw this story.
It's very fitting that someone with a pfp like yours would have such intimate knowledge of game worlds, their creators, and a knack for writing very descriptive examples that tell a story of one's suffering. lol

Dex-chan lover
didn't Rex changed class some chapters ago and fixed his crappy stats?? why is he still getting salty about other stats?

Dex-chan lover
didn't Rex changed class some chapters ago and fixed his crappy stats?? why is he still getting salty about other stats?
Because job changing only changes future stat growth, it doesn't fix his 50 or whatever levels of subpar stat-ups. That's the reason why at the start of the manga he made sure to not let the kids raise their levels until they could get the job changes he wanted them to get.

Dex-chan lover
lmao imagine helping the person you pitied and then surprise surprise that person is better than you oof lolololol

Dex-chan lover
Why is this tagged as tragedy? I don't recall a single sad thing happening in this story besides Rex's sister almost dying but not really or Rex dying but not really or the current guild leader almost dying but not really. No one's ever really gone. Overall tone of the story is pretty upbeat and comedic as well. I don't see how this could be considered tragedy outside of story events that don't come to fruition because Rex is constantly challenging the intended narrative of the game.
the tragedy here is that this is ending in the next two chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

Oh no, two more to go boohoohoo :meguuusad:
I need more Rex salty moment

Dex-chan lover
It's very fitting that someone with a pfp like yours would have such intimate knowledge of game worlds, their creators, and a knack for writing very descriptive examples that tell a story of one's suffering. lol
I admit my SEN isn’t the same since I played BS2

Dex-chan lover
You know, I would believe the whole "I'm so weak" routine a lot more, if the guy had actually failed at anything ever.
But well, I do like the other characters and I hope someday he'll finally reroll his stats and stop whining.
Watching a multimillionaire complain about his poor wealth is so tiring.

Dex-chan lover
If people don't know. After changing her job, her growth rate is actually higher than rex. It was theorized by rex that this non adventure npc has a sub class that basically give negative growth bonus

Users who are viewing this thread