Shuumatsu no Walküre - Vol. 5 Ch. 20 - Justice vs Evil

Dex-chan lover
This is going to be GOOD!
But why call Jack the Ripper the biggest piece of shit? I'd call Hitler that if he was ever a representative of humanity.

Dex-chan lover
> Greece
> Paying their debts
> Heh

"The most hated of humans"
Oh I wonder who it is.... People tried to kill Rasputin a LOT.....
"The stage will be London!"
Oh, Jack the Ripper, gotcha.

That whole fucking entrance. For an anonymous historical figure, Jack there is extra as shit.

But I gotta lol at the guards in old british uniforms on the crowd.

I'm thankful that Jack doesn't look like Fate/garbage Jack. Still, a bit luckster as a design.

Is that Loki impersonating Brunhilde on page 31? She wouldn't hide her crazy faces.

>m-muh snipe
Honor amongst thieves? Oh please. I do agree the quality of the scans is mangastream-tier.

The TL is bad, but at least doesn't have cringe-inducing memes like Valhalla Scans.

Double-page supporter
I think Herakles got a serious death flag in this chapter. "if I win, I'm gonna ask mercy from the gods for humanity". IMO that's setting up the good guy from losing.

That Herakles seems like a non-Berserker version of Fate's tho.

@Qayin there are different Jacks in Fate/franchise. The one in Apocrypha is more of a thought entity based on all the children abandoned by prostitute. But the Jack in Fate/strange fake is IMO arguably way more interesting. He is the "uncatchable killer" in this series and is able to take any form, which is way more fitting.

Dex-chan lover
Why everyone bitching about Jack vs Heracles, i know this won't end up like previous fights like power battle or speed battle because Jack and Heracles really have different way to fight or kill someone, but let's just hope it will be as good as the previous fights

Dex-chan lover
I'm still not sure why Jack the Ripper is so popular in Japan

Dex-chan lover
And Heracles just make his own death flag "if I win, I'm gonna ask mercy from the gods for humanity".

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@MCX01
hitler isn't supernaturally amazing unlike most of the other human representatives in lore, so jack the ripper makes much more sense as a human representative, since he is the murder who could never be found (like the ultimate assassin) and attacks very brutally.

Fed-Kun's army
What is this quality lmao. Also i'm not really feeling it bruh, i mean Jack?? What is he even gonna do, pull daggers out of his ass? Not to mention the bland as fuck design for Hercules.

Not sure why people think so highly of some dude who killed a few prostitutes.
Also "Greece has a debt to pay" lmao...
@MCX01
Someone who killed for a cause even if it's a cause people disagree with is way less "evil" in my opinion than a lust killer.

I wonder why Jack The ripper ?

Also even though they had Adam, we never actually get people from the Abrahamic Patheon, did Zeus replaced YHVH so there's no controversy ?

Also why none of these Gods expect humanity to win ? There's some mythological stories where a human wins against deities

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@yldDavid
I agree with you about lust vs cause. in addition, hitler was at least liked by a lot of germans, and non-germans in his time, whereas very few people truly like a brutal murderer
https://www.quora.com/How-did-Jack-the-Ripper-become-famous : the top 4 reasons

I'm betting sherlock holmes (the first holmes story was in 1887) will be a commentator in this fight, because Jack is the one murderer who was never discovered (by sherlock)

@Centurionzo
those mythological stories usually have:
1. the human aided by another god, (i.e. Dionysus beat ares with help from athena)
2. win only against a weaker god than the top gods (same example as above, ares is much weaker than zeus, and poseidon)
3. is not a combat victory but a victory by cunning/trickery
4. the human is a descendant of a god, so may not be 100% human.

abrahamic religions: probably because most fiction writers/publishing organizations don't want to deal with political controversy (or worse, terrorists) as you've stated.

I'm also betting it will be revealed that there is a supreme being who is secretely observing both the gods and humans; because some supreme gods: like the christian god, Gaia, Amaterasu, amun-ra, etc. aren't on the list even though they should be greater than some of the other gods on the list.

Hermes is currently my top suspect for the secret supreme being observing the fight.

Fed-Kun's army
Don't you think that Valkyrie just keep showing some evil faces?

Fed-Kun's army
@cgr I guess you haven't seen "A Study in Terror" also known as "Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper".

In it Ripper dies in a fiery confrontation with Holmes, but Holmes decides to keep his identity a secret to spare his family (and like he told Watson beforehand, knowing who he was and being able to prove who he was were two different things).

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@Mavado
I'm not crazy about Sherlock that I'd know/remember every single adaptation, and jack the ripper clearly isn't good enough in this film's verse to be one of humanity's representatives against gods, so it makes no sense for it to be canon to this manga.

Users who are viewing this thread