Shuumatsu no Walküre - Vol. 9 Ch. 35 - Full Throttle vs. Full Throttle

"We can actually pull this off and give mankind the lead.", Are they trying to lose by setting up flags.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, this is basically the fight between the jobbers of their respective teams. I don't really expect much unpredictability from this one.

Either it's a setup for the first and only overwhelming victory of mankind (which I highly doubt) or a setup for Shiva to slam dunk on ya boi Raiden.

Double-page supporter
Just for this particular arc (Raiden vs Shiva), I really don't feel like rooting for any one of'em

On the first few fights all of us went and pick humanity (Exluding the Hercules vs Jack fight, that's depressing), and this fight in particular lacks any actual motivation making the most interesting parts being; New characters from both sides, Which side is Buddha really on?, or how powerful are each of the gods?

Oh, Raiden has muscle problems and Shiva's gonna get the plot armor
I mean ffs, even the first ever MC to exist (Adam) didn't have that y'know why? Cause he's the one motivating others, not the other way around like Shiva's so called motive to fight

Lu Bu vs Thor (Duel between unrivaled rivals) (A one-sided mirror)
Adam vs Zeus (Legacy vs Legend)
Sasaki vs Poseidon (How it really feels to win)
Jack vs Heracles/Hercules (An unexpected but one-sided victory or in other words "I have won but at what cost?")

Those 4 fights are decent enough, but this fight is just... "Meh" at best (currently)

Hoping it'll get better from here on out, I don't hate it though I can't really tolerate each of their motivations for fighting besides "I have to win for Humanity/The Gods" in this fight

Dex-chan lover
Wait hold on Japan names their sex positions after sumo moves? Am I getting this right cause this sounds hilarious and awesome.

@fatrunegear Huh, haven't thought of that. They didn't set up rules in case of a tie.

@Human_the_2nd Dw we haven't been shown Shiva's backstory yet, we're not sure if he's gonna get plot armour or not.

Contributor
Raiden will 100% loose, the author don't want to let all japanese win, it would be cheap.

And Raiden is kinda the least interesting human for now, he will be a good fooder for Shiva.

Why do I get the feeling the main valkyrie is somehow possessed by that excommunicated god earlier in the story and that's where we get her bipolar reactions. Also if gods are a product of imagination wouldn't it be funny as hell that humanity wins simply when the plot changes to them realizing God's powers are only coming from their deep imagination and that's why they make certain comebacks in the fights because of human believes.

They haven't necessarily won against the "strongest gods", according to stories Poseidon has been defeated other times so humanity knows he's not invincible. Hercules is still partly human which means he has his shortcomings also. One victory was based on resilient learning and training the other was based on taking advantage of Hercule's naivety and love for mankind.

Buda the way he is portrayed is as a very cocky being who has extreme self-confidence. Having been once human in this universe it feels like he became a god out of believing he just is one.

Dex-chan lover
It's gon be a tie or Shiva's win.
I really don't want raiden to die, Muscle Valkyrie is my latest waifu. But that's to many death flags.

I've disliked Shiva's portrayal in this manga so far, I hope I can hype for him in the next chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread