Shuumatsu no Walküre - Vol. 8 Ch. 32 - Exchange

I hope no more Japanese fighter in the future,
I mean there's a lot strong figure in history

As an Indian myself, I only have 3 things to say

1: It's Parvati (Par-wuh-tih), not Partavi. Nowhere in any Hindu scripture, I have ever seen that, except in some girl named Parvati misspelling her name, even though it's a very old fashioned name & nobody names their girls Parvati anymore

2: I find the goddesses hot, tho I pray to them so I don't know how to feel about that. I love pretty much all Hindu gods design.

3: IDGAF about who dislikes it, I love the carefree hippie Buddha design. The only thing wrong here is the fact that Buddha is a Nepalese God instead of a Hindu God. Also, if anyone is thinking to do it, then please, just don't be "offended on our behalf". What's "offending" to you, is less generic & more unique to a majority of Indian weebs.

@4V29LN0n you realise that in saying that all Japanese people are racist and xenophobic, you are being racist and xenophobic. Hypocritical much?

That's the sight of a guy who have abandoned all worldly desires, allright sure.

The list of fighters was already revealed in a earlier chapter, just google title + list of fighters.

2753fe_f4d226af0e164c88a8a31c22db7c24d5~mv2.webp

We still got Kintoki and Okita Souji from Japan.

Dex-chan lover
@Dadidu yea too late. They already revealed the names of all the fighters and theres still two more Japanese historical figures

Dex-chan lover
Yo @poopmaster, thanks for the list! I keep forgetting whose actually on the roaster. We could need that list as banner or sticky/pinned comment or similar if that was an available function.

Fed-Kun's army
@Scrabbleman
Is anyone here going to explain what's the difference between Buddha and Parvati? Because I have no idea who Parvati is.

I'm going to be honest, I find it very hard to understand why you're even comparing the two. Let me preface by saying that Hinduism and Buddhism have dozens upon dozens of sects so what I am saying is very general and could be considered true in one place and false in another, that being said.

Parvati is a human turned diety in Hinduism married to one of the big three gods, Shiva (the other two are Brahma and Vishnu for reference). She's the Goddess of Love and her most famous mythological story in the West is probably how she married Shiva. She's the second wife because Shiva's first wife (Sati) throw herself in a funeral pyre for reasons. This sent Shiva into a funk and he fucked off to the Mountains to do yoga and shit. Sita got reincarnated into Parvati as a human. A demon named Tarakasura shows up and tricks the creator diety, Brahma, into making a whole bunch of restrictions on who can kill him. Basically, no Gods or Humans can kill him, only a son of Shiva and a human girl will do. Gods really need Parvati and Shiva to bang, but Shiva is going full monk mode and wants none of that. So they send Kama (can be very loosely interpreted as Hindu Cupid) to shoot Shiva with an arrow to get him to bang Parvati. Kama tries to fire the arrow and Shiva incernates him for this, asks why the gods were trying to get him to bang Parvati, and says basically 'wtf why you didn't you just ask, if saving the world only requires me to fuck this broad I'll just do it bro", and then they have a child who kills Tarakasura which is a story for a different time.

The Buddha mentioned here is most likely the original Buddha, a man named Siddartha Gautama from Anicent India (I'm honestly confused why anyone is claiming he is Nepalese. In a modern context sure, but at the time, Nepal was not independent. It's like saying "Ares should be considered a Spartan diety, not Greek") He is the founder of an entire religion and to try and cover all of what he is considered would be as relatively difficult as establishing who Jesus was in a paragraph. The very short and simple most common version was that he was a prince sheltered from the outside world and all it's negatives, suffering, illness, death etc. until one day when he was a teenager he snuck out. Suddenly, the Buddha was made aware that living fucking sucks, and has a breakdown about it. He disavows all of his wealth and worldly pleasures and fucks off innawoods to become an ascetic, a highly religious individual that avoids all pleasurable things in pursuit of religious knowledge. He finds out that starving yourself, working yourself to the bone, and sleeping uncovered outside naked it pretty fucking miserable too, so he gives up on that. Finally he says, I will sit underneath this tree until I figure out how to end all suffering, and eventually, he did. He proposed that instead of mindlessly indulging in carnal pleasures, and instead of mindlessly pursuing ascetic torture, a middle path could be chosen that would allow people to escape all suffering by the clearing of the mind and body through various practices.

This is again, a heavy, heavy generalization, but if you want more in depth discussion, I recommend reading up on it yourself. I would like to reiterate I have no clue why you're even associating the two, as far as my admittedly limited knowledge goes their only connection is that Parvati is related to Hinduism, and Hinduism is related to Buddhism.

Fed-Kun's army
@kholl83
@4V29LN0n you realise that in saying that all Japanese people are racist and xenophobic, you are being racist and xenophobic. Hypocritical much?

That doesn't contradict the observation, all you've done is call him a hypocrite without providing anything meaningful to say that Japan is not in fact xenophobic and racist. Of course it depends on what you mean by "xenophobic and racist", but I'm 90% sure that if the US adopted that same immigration standards that Japan has, the US would immediately be considered a white nationalist country.

These Gods are kinda of disappointing if gotta to be honest, these fight are cool but they don't have the power that a God should have, I was expecting something like Sephiroth special move from FF7 to be Zeus big finish

Also Buddha betrayed his own species to join a brunch of crazy people who want to destroy all humanity, I expect more

Fed-Kun's army
@Centurionzo

If Shiva were as powerful as he is in mainstream Hinduism, he would just wipe the entirety of existence into nothing with a dance. Even if you were to say he wouldn't do that this match, Shiva wiping god's from existence with a mind beam is a part of Hindu canon (RIP Kama) nothing should be stopping him from mind lasering his opponent right this instant. Not even Valkyrie underwear.

Unless the Gods received some sort of nerf or the humans got a massive buff, these fights would be entirely one-sided. Luckily the author did both.

Fed-Kun's army
@bagong016
I think the translators didn't count properly. Left side only has 12 and the right side has 13.

@ointment
What nerf are the Gods getting? As far as I am aware all of them have been fighting full power bar Shiva for the moment. If there is a nerf it's vague and poorly defined, as opposed to the Valkyire buff.

The sumo match begins with a f dropkick. Well he had the element of surprise and nobody can rebate that

Users who are viewing this thread