Side-scrolling Webtoons?

Group Leader
This might have to go into the "Suggestions" section of the forum, instead, but I thought I'd ask here first in case it already exists. I've had my eye on a really interesting webtoon that I'd like to translate, but it's supposed to read on the phone while held in landscape mode. Because it scrolls sideways, panels have a fixed height, but no fixed width, which would make it tricky to read on mangadex. I was just wondering if the reader already had a side-scrolling reading option like we do with the long-scrolling. ;w;

The One
Staff
Admin
@mangoruffy do you have a link to it?
sounds very intriguing

but we probably wouldn't implement such a feature for a couple of series.

Group Leader
@Lymus that's understandable, thanks for the reply :D

I guess if it ever does get uploaded, readers will just have to turn their monitors (or their heads) 90 degrees LOL

It's this new manhua, about a popular yet very flawed actress who gets tricked into thinking she's traveled back in time, but she's actually being filmed in a reality show: https://www.kuaikanmanhua.com/web/topic/5263/

The One
Staff
Admin
@mangoruffy hm, reads fine on pc as a longstrip 🤔

edit: ah, nevermind, that was only the first chapter, others are turned

The One
Staff
Admin
@mangoruffy the only solution i see, is to do clever cuts, maybe with some duplication, and rotate the parts 90° and post them panel wise.

edit: suggestion from another staff member "leave it as is, translate the page that tells people to turn their phones, so that they know it should be read on one"

Fed-Kun's army
Or you can upload it as it is and it will work just fine on phones. On PCs, though it's a little tricky, you can rotate the screen by Ctrl+Alt+LeftArrow to read, and revert it back by Ctrl+Alt+UpArrow when you've done reading. Can add a credit to notice readers at the beginning too.

Group Leader
update: we decided to make do! it's released ^o^
https://mangadex.org/title/43376

Users who are viewing this thread