Sincerely: I Became a Duke's Maid - Vol. 1 Ch. 18

Do cute😍
Having his first crush and neither know how to behave nor what this feeling is he have.
It's good that Ibeline is scolding him to teach him manners.

To all who think it's too sweet
It's your live so lovely dovely that you can't enjoy this scene?!

I dread the moment the romantic feelings become mutual. This series is special because of how the MC handles the kid like a real parent would with their spoiled child. No weird heart thumping or flustered expressions on her end. Just a sweet emotional story about a kind hearted woman giving a poor abused boy the love he always deserved. Even when he inevitably grows up, its gonna take some seriously convincing development of their relationship for me to be on board with a romantic ship.

@Barnacles I agree so much. It's getting increasingly hard to read the chapters bc of Alejandro's romantic feelings whereas Ibelina has this "I gotta raise him well" mindset :')

Oh boi. Ibelina is going to be in on a rough ride. But I'm not blaming Alejandro as he's in this situation that is outside of his control. He never had affections from people and it was only until recently that he has all of these feelings that are brand new to him. Plus puberty does things to one's emotional regulation. So what he needs is for someone to guide him through social and persona development before he can be someone that's considered "stable."

But yeah, once he gets to that point, the next part will be hard whether they both can get to a point where their is mutual romance. But that will be incredibly hard for Ibelina as she's practically raising him in a sense so it would be very hard for her to turn that mindset to romance.

In some sense, it reminds me of If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord.
Though, the situation in that is a bit different since Dale was never really a father figure to Latina as Kenneth was playing that role with Rita as the mother. In addition to the fact that Latina was already emotionally very developed and mature to the point for her age to to the point where you could say she's more emotionally mature than Dale, unlike the situation with Alenjandro where he is truly emotionally immature for his age due and is thus guided by Ibelina.

Dex-chan lover
@Chet31 it isnt old world current day. there are still quite a bit of countries that are 14 and even 12 or 11.
even only around half of america is mixed between 18/16 and all of canada is either 14 or 16, forgot. south america on the other hand is all over generally 14 or less.

Meo

Dex-chan lover
I guess due to 14 years of solitude and only having maids that are disgusted/fear him, he really does not know how to interact with others. But he's totally going down the wrong route and being quite possessive.

And Ibelina is so dense...even if she doesn't consider Alejandro a love interest like a lot of people (in the comments) due to his physical appearance/storyline which she thinks is set in stone. She should at least consider Lorenzo (AKA Mob Character B) a possible love interest and he's dang obvious about it too.

Dex-chan lover
Ibelina should forget the potato sack dude, unless she wants to get serious about him and consequently betray Alejandro. She did promise to stay by his side. However, in the old times, it wouldn't be proper for a man and a woman to keep flirting for an eternity. They would need to get married. Once married, she would need to leave her job. Bye bye Alejandro.

Honestly, mc is as much of a child as ml is. Mc lacks perspective and consideration a working woman her age should be good at. She's pretty naive to think a neglected child (in many aspects) could start to understand what losing a job would be like or that his actions have deeper consequences. They probably stopped his education when the curse appeared, he's blind so he can't read and has no companions to teach him social behavior. She should have patiently explained why it's wrong instead of acting self-righteous and offended before leaving without trying to fix the problem. She's his only main caretaker so its her responsibility and her actual job to do so.

alejandro and ibelina wont work out bc of their difference in positions : -) it's just awkward to read bc alejandro's unhealthily possessive and if he says smth like "dont smile at anyone else" ibelina wont exactly be able to disobey it. talk abt toxic huh.

anyways, lorenzo come getcha girl. healthy age appropriate romance please 😌😌😌😌😌

Double-page supporter
@ArpanaR

I'm not the person you were replying to, but thank you for the recommendation. I binged it last night and!!!!! I'M HOOKED OH GOSH!! Can't wait to see what happens next!! Thanks again!

@ALacie You’re welcome! I can’t wait to see what happens next as well... well, I hope things don’t get worse than they are now... well, I have all sorts of theories, of what could happen next due to endless daydreaming (sugarcoating fantasising ). 😝

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, that's the way. That's how you handle a temperamental child.

This guy needs to re-educated properly, and there's only the slow and steady way to do it.

Fed-Kun's army
Poor boy needs to learn how to handle emotions.

But, to be fair to him, the girl is also a fucking imbecile in that specific area, I really don't blame him.

Users who are viewing this thread