Sincerely: I Became a Duke's Maid - Vol. 1 Ch. 18

Cringing at all the people crying about age gap and romance. What did you expect from a romance story? Stop acting like you're too righteous for the story. Drop it and stop commenting. Stop acting like it's disgusting. No one is going to praise you for acting like a zealous puritan. News flash: kids have crushes. Also, this is fiction there's no need to get your panties in a wad.

Then there's the people raging about an isolated and neglected boy bahaving badly. You morons can't even imagine what it would be like growing up without anyone in your life. Do you think anyone taught him to be fair and just? Do you think he has lots of experience socializing with others? Do you think he learned empathy when he's been neglected and treated with scorn and fear? Do you really think that someone who grew up with practically zero exposure to others would be a mature, well-rounded person? Holy crap the stupidity is baffling. Why do I even read the comments?

@saifors He is 14 years old, she is 17 years old. And that's taking into account the age of the maid's body, but you can clearly see in chapter 1 that the MC orignally looks like some kind of middle school girl, even though we don't know her real age (or at least I don't remember it being mentionned).

So it's a 3 years gap at best, nothing too shocking here tbh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fuck Lorenzo fire that bitch lol let’s see how our boy handles this cuz not good so far curios to see how it plays out since she has 0 interest for the mc in the romance department for now and she seems to be oblivious about it

So. THis is the moment I would tell her to run lmao. I really hope she doesn't end up with Alejandro just because there's a power and age disparity..

"Just thinking that i don't need to see his face anymore makes my chest feel lighter!"
Sick burn, Alejandro. This is the prime quality content I want from the male lead.
Good thinking and a way to remove a possible rival before things get out of hand.

@Kekitus That's very true about your response to sweet-potato! Alejandro most likely hasn't had anyone teach him anything about social etiquette and his responsibilities. What I'm worried about is that the author might not address such possessiveness as a problem and just leave it as a 'cute' or 'attractive' quality in the love interest (which I personally don't think it is. At all.) I really hope that the author has Ibelina at least recognize that this is not okay. To be honest though, she'll probably just be too oblivious to notice.

Dex-chan lover
according to most of the world, this age gap is normal, america has one of the fewest that have an issue with age gaps apparently.

soooo just pretend its just how that country works and leave it be.

Lorenzo you should get fired. In fact, firing isn't enough for you, you need to die in a hole - and then maybe be set on fire. We don't need you here. You're just causing forced drama. You are a FORCED CHARACTER YOURSELF. No one needs you here.

Ibelina knows how to handle Alejandro so well lmao

Lorenzo's insert was kind of sudden, but considering that the story has changed trajectory from the original, it's like Ibelina is a parallel to Alejandro's original love interest and Lorenzo as the guy who swept that love interest away. Author is trying to set this up for a tragedy but we all know endgame is Ibelina and Alejandro 👌

@Magicat Well that's the difference between you and those people. They are taking it seriously while you are seeing it from a romanticised shoujo perspective. You have embraced the shotocon way. They haven't yet. Don't hate on them for taking it seriously. I on the other hand don't see this as a romance and find the the inconsistency of Alejandro's proportions to be quite annoying. Is he growing up or not? This seems to be a few weeks but he's obviously getting bigger. Ibelina doesn't like young Alejandro that way so I'm waiting for him to grow up. IT AIN'T A ROMANCE TILL HE GROWS UP! WHEN WILL THAT HAPPEN ANYWAYS? Why confuse me like this author? Is Alejandro growing up or not? Anyways Magicat, it isn't pedophilia...yet. Hold your horses this will be a bumpy ride.

Dex-chan lover
@Kuroku As long as they don't do anything until he is at least 16. I know this is a "old world" where stuff happened at a younger age, but it still feels damn wrong. I would have written 18 but taking the setting in to consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread