Sincerely: I Became a Duke's Maid - Vol. 1 Ch. 21

Group Leader
@Zinon
i'm not saying she should be an expert... but if you watch a lot of detective TV series and one day you find a gun in real life, you would recognise it... you wouldn't go "Duh, I wonder what this is".
And if someone is pointing said gun at you, you would freak out because someone is trying to murder you, you wouldn't go "Duh, I wonder what he's doing".

About his attitude, yeah, you might be right... he might actually just be an ungrateful narcissistic rotten useless brat, but then, if that's the case, then maybe he deserved the curse and his parents attitude? It's not like he doesn't know how it feels to be treated like you're nothing, so that means he's actually conscious that his actions are bad.
It's like when a bully gets punched in the face, he might have a crappy private life, but he still deserves the punch.

Now, believe it or not, you actually can write a story that flows naturally and doesn't need extreme conveniences to get forward. Even story with magic in it.
For exemple:
Maybe you let them be pissed off at each other for a while, with her ignoring him to make him learn his lesson, maybe taking a short vacation
Now, make him desperately try to meet her to apologise. Maybe, because of the constant stress and physical exhaustion, his condition progressively starts to worsen. After like two days, he tries to leave the mansion to find her, gets caught in the rain before being able to leave the premises, and gets comatose with brief periods of consciousness where he's clearly delirious.
Now, she learns of it and feels immense guilt for subjecting him to this. While on his bedside, he "wakes up" delirious and thinks she's a vision. He then apologises to her for his attitude with tears in his eyes asking her to not leave him all alone again.
She then cries her eyes out too, prays for help and tries to bargain with an invisible god. She kisses him on the forehead and light starts to shine from her kiss. The light progressively covers his face, pushing the cursed text away from his face, then neck, then body and all the text gets pilled on the hand she's holding. The light finishes covering his whole body, then stops.
He wakes up and is cured.
She's incredulous. This was supposed to happen years later with the actual heroine! Maybe she's changing the story way more that she thought. Maybe the Master's jealousy is due to actual love, and not a motherly feeling like she thought. She then thinks "Nah, I'm just a maid. He never had a real mother figure, that's all I am to him, and that's all I should be... Maybe God actually heard my prayers".
He wakes up, perfectly fine, smiles at her and thanks her for saving his life. He takes her hands, writes the words "I love you" on her palm and smiles again. She tilts her head and asks what was that gesture.
He actually understands that maybe she can't read, remarks it and makes the joke that she's ruining the moment. He then exults a pristine, beautiful but almost childish laugh, approaches her and kisses he on the cheek.
There, I made it better. Il would take like 1 or 2 more chapters to make this happen, and that would fix the pacing of this chapter, that was completely crap.

Concerning his growth, sorry, that might have been a bit spoilery from my part. I've read in the comments that a time skip was coming, so I checked the raws... I can't actually access the full chapters on Kakaopage, but you can see 1 image per chapter. Here's chapter's 26:
resource

He's clearly bigger than her...

@Maleeha
Soooooo... what's the point of your comment then?
I'm just expressing my disappointment of something I liked, isn't that the point of a comment section?
And the "It's just magic, don't worry about it" is actually the argument that people usually use to explain bad writing...

Soooooo... Maybe ya need to relax. Or just don't read my comments without throwing a ranty fit smh 😦
Just click on my name, then click on the big red button marked "Block User", and you're done!

Double-page supporter
I have been thinking this for a while now, Alejandro kind of resembles Livius from Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii even more so now that the curse mark is gone lol, so adorable

i kinda get pedo vibes.. can they stop touching and all.... he looks like a 6 year old. i hate when they sexualize children

Dex-chan lover
I hope she doesnt pull a canaria/raelliana and become so fixated with the novel that she forgets her goal.

This manga is walking a very fine line. On one hand it's real creepy how it pairs an adult and a child (I don't care what the author says their ages are, they both look and behave like a little kid being raised by a mature adult). On the other hand I enjoy seeing an abused kid be cared for and protected. I might possibly save on dropping this until the romance gets in full gear.

Double-page supporter
Still waiting for the point where it explains to us what the cure is supposed to be or gives us any fuckin' detail on the cure whatsoever actually. Like the way we've seen Ibelina curing it or making it better or whatever makes it look like the cure is love but... That doesn't explain why it had to be Elenora in the novel or why she's so adamant that Elenora is the one to cure it, since she Very Definitely didn't love Alejandro. Or why curing it apparently leaves a scar, that's a weird detail as well.

Oh boy here we go. If it werent obvious from the beginning, then the dream sequence with them being together in the field confirms an inevitably romantic relationship. Lets see if the author will handle the FMC's change from parental love to romantic love in a believable way that is not just "-blush- he is so hot as an adult" 😐

I'd love to Thank you for not letting us on a Cliffhanger and mass release those wonderful episodes ❤️❤️ Thank you all very much, really!!

Dex-chan lover
Please let them both have normal loves and none of that pedo bs...

Fed-Kun's army
Ibelina's dress is so pretty. Those details on ruffles are 👌✨

Grow up soon, Alejandro. I just can't ship a kid with adult woman.

:thinking: Go for it, Ibelina!
Devour the shouta Alejandro!!!

Dex-chan lover
And then they started their world conquest for teh lulz, the end.

Lol.

Thanks for the mass release !! ^^

He is finally free from the curse. It will probably permit him to gain some height. =p

/the end

Yeah no, there's probably more drama to deal with now.

now the heroine will die ´cause Alexandro won´t be there to save her ass? since he only appear when she is sad or in danger...

time skip time skip time skip
@bramia although I’m waiting for him to grow up too, Theres a 3-4 yr age gap, it’s not acc pedo (although weird if she caught feelings @ this stage since he does look 10- she hasn’t though)

Dex-chan lover
@SundayHaze Nowadays that'd be called abuse because the boy is a small kid who can't tell the difference between fraternal, parental, friend and couple love. I don't know what your laws say, but a 16 yo can be charged with pedophilia for dating a 10 yo here because it is abuse

What he's feeling isn't couple love but family love but he's been trapped in a room alone for too long to tell. It'd be a disgusting mistake of the author to ignore that

Users who are viewing this thread