Sincerely: I Became a Duke's Maid - Vol. 1 Ch. 38

I'm seeing signs the rebellion might still happen, even if it's not because of that blonde. If things come to light - also, Alejandro has royal blood in his veins, so technically... the power would still remain in the hands of the same family. Ahem.

As for the head maid, I'm pleasantly disappointed. She's very good at managing ppl and this must've been a difficult decision for her. In her position, there really is no other way out - unless she decides to just ignore the problem and hope it will solve itself with time one way or another. But she's too responsible for that and she cares too much about the family name for that. She's a bit inflexible, but she's not a cruel person.

I'm curious how things will turn out!

dammit I knew it was it gonna happen but I'm still sAD about it
also,,, really hate the king and prince

To be fair, even if the intention is good and seems reasonable. Her action now on recomending ibelina to move away from alejandro will be very dangerous move. He is horny teen with a lot of authority and power over the dukedom. He will not let ibee go by now.

This will work if for example they do it earlier before he became formal duke or simply had her "having accident on a dangerous road" kind of things.

> I hope you'll make the right decision, Ibelina

Narrator: They never do.

Dex-chan lover
I gave too little credit to that hag, that old viper. She actually didn't try to stretch her authority to fire Ibelina while Alejandro was away, instead she's saving her own skin by pressuring Ibelina to resign on her own. Though the hag doesn't know Ibelina did swear to stay by Alejandro's side, it's still cruel. But then again, the hag is a snake, so it's fitting. She cares for nothing but her own skin (that she will shed regularly so that nothing will stick to it for good). She has zero understanding for Alejandro. I'm sure, in the original plot when Alejandro started the rebellion, the hag actually immediately switched sides and bought herself some benefits by revealing everything she could possible imagine about the duke's side to the emperor.

Ibeline isn't unfortunately too bright, so it's possible she will break her promise with Alejandro and disappear, actually thinking it's for the best.

We all know it'll come to this but i feel bad for those two... Again inseparable duo always have someone that try to separate them... *sad violin play*

Dex-chan lover
Since Ibelina is a moron and the author is following her example closely I know what genius decision she will take.

@Npark92 @Pocky8 ohh I'm totally agree with you guys! Head Maid Elaine is just doing her job and trying to find the best solution for Ibelina.

The problem really lies in Alejandro, IMHO.

Let see some alejandro snap chapter before they knew they fucked up

Dex-chan lover
I think it's actually be good if she left. Smart of the lady to not use her authority to fire her but to have Ibee resign on her own so the blame isn't put on the lady.

Author just retconned the MC apparently. "Oh actually, I was aware of his feelings all along" is bullshit. That's not storytelling. You gotta show your readers what the MC actually feels, you can't just erase her character traits that you, the author, has given her. What's the point of deceiving your readers with the MC's inner thoughts? Why display her as dense to us, when she (apparently) isn't?

I shouldn't really expect the quality to go up, though. You know what they say, an author can't write something better than what they themselves know and understand. Don't excuse this as normal human behavior.

Aggregator gang
Yeaaah, a new career path, like being a duchess for example? That's pretty good ain't it 😂

This development is logical , it like y'all forgot that not only is he a duke he’s also royalty while she’s a commoner maid

Dex-chan lover
Ibelina, take it. Take it and use you previous life memories to grow into a person that not even the emperor want to mess with and marry Alejandro

I think its best for ibelina to leave the manor in this kind of situation, that hella annoying emperor is spying ale right now and it can be dangerous for ibe and ale, as long as ale doesnt act impulsively then a major problem can be avoided,

@JakeRay I don't think it was deceiving the readers so much as MC denying the feelings herself. Her goal was to see that Al not have the ending he had in the original story, not to fall in love with AL.

Dex-chan lover
Well, there's not really much of a choice.

Alejandro can make Ibelina is mistress, but being known to have a mistress before having a legal wife will put Alejandro in a bad spot. Sure Alejandro doesn't care about other nobles, but he's a duke now, so he can't just do anything he pleases.

As he is a duke, he can make Ibelina a landless minor noblewoman, maybe a baroness or baronet or ask a lower nobility to adopt her in exchange for gold. But then the king would find out about her and will try to make use of her as leverage against Alejandro.

The option of not doing anything and just let her be his personal maid/nanny is not really an option. It's a sad option that has no future for either of them.

So the best thing is for her to leave, for him to go crazy from searching for her, for him to meet Leonora and realized that he loved Ibelina deeply, eventually meeting her at the garden of sunflowers like in Ibelina's dream where he had been waiting for her for so long.

Whoa logical solutions to logical problems. I am glad they finally just spelled out that she had noticed his feelings because seeing people nitpick it was getting tiring.

Double-page supporter
just marry some random noble girl and make the protagonist become his concubine.

simple as that..

Users who are viewing this thread