Sincerely: I Became a Duke's Maid - Vol. 1 Ch. 38

I actually love how the story has been progressing so far and I love that there aren't any unnecessarily unreasonable characters (yet). Also I can kind of see where this is going, and I really hope it turns out like this otherwise it might be a shame. I think that she's going to leave and Alejandro's going to try to find her but will be unsuccessful for years and later they'll meet again when they're more mature.

Yeah, even if Ibelina literally never harbored feelings for him, Alejandro would still be sexually harassing her in her workplace, and she lacks the social position to stop him from doing so. It's a really unfortunate situation all around, and Lady Elaine is correct that the only real solution for her is to leave. The fact that she even makes it Ibelina's choice is a considerable amount of generosity (although it may be to stop Alejandro from chasing her down later)

@ParagonNight

The issue is that most readers here are not very analytical. They focus so much on the romance aspect that they totally disregard the socio-political and other aspects of the series that are vital in the story's progression. The story has repeatedly shown the Head Maid as a level headed woman. The fact that many didn't and couldn't see it until this chapter goes to show how little people don't pick up on certain cues due to romance blinders.

On another note...

This ain't no Game of Thrones or Emma, but it's still interesting. I wanna see the political shitshow.

Btw Ibeliana knew that she had growing conflicting feelings but still wanted to keep her relationship with Alejandro platonic because she has no idea what lies ahead. She can only guess and act on the things of the present and the vague future to be. Plus manchild Alejandro being a uncomfortably yandere person in power...I don't blame her at all. Hell, that's like having a boss at work constantly hitting on you. Doesn't matter if said boss is hot and you may like them. It's hell of awkward and uncomfortable as all get up.

Well, that wasn’t as cruel and dramatic as I thought it was going to be. Lady Elaine had a well thought out argument and she opened Ibee’s eyes to the truth. I don’t know if I should be mad or happy.

Ironically, the head maid and other servants merely reaped what they sown.
I mean, when Alejandro was cursed, well... No one really tried to make his life as comfortable as possible.
And it just happened that someone managed to help him and in so taken his heart and soul (cringy, i know, that was intended) was a maid who was not afraid of him and compassionate ('they' don't know isekai factor, but whatever)

And NOW they realised they have to deal with the consequences, because for duke to fall for a maid? From realistic POV, such stories seldom, if ever, have a happy ending.

The dilema is real, and while they could have treat him a bit better, head maid does not do this because she is a bitch. Was it not a sappy romance for teens, that would have been for better.

Dex-chan lover
WELL i'm glad that we got to see ibelina admit to recognizing alejandro's feelings for her. it was really annoying to see her act dense for so long, so this is quite a reliever.

however... it seems some people were right about ibelina choosing to leave. it's for the best anyhow, as long as alejandro keeps acting the way he does. i'm glad the head maid is so reasonable and logical, there would be useless and over-the-top drama if she was more indignant about this. thanks for the updates!

Thank you for the chapter! Elaine’s argument was much better than expected, I was expecting her to blame ibee out of jealous but the fact that she acknowledges it’s not her fault is great.

That said the king can eat shit 🤬🤬🤬

thanks for the update you guys! All of us appreciate the hard work

I appreciate the common sense the maid has and how she didn't do it because of a petty reason like other storylines tend to do. Also i know after this there will probably be a why did you leave me arc, but i have to agree with what many others have said, their relationship will grow stronger if she is more free to accept his advances, because she wouldn't be working under him no more. Also she can create boundaries if she wishes in their relationship since of the power dynamic change. It will be interesting to see since Alejandro has reacted very freely up until now. However i don't think the boundaries will be too likely since they still have to keep the swooning romance if that makes sense.

But yeah overall pretty excited for the coming chapters :))))

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if she'll try to leave secretly while giving him a letter or something or she'll try to tell him directly
Thanks for the chapter!

This is acceptable.
Let Alejandro reject the original heroine straight up and let Ibline not be trapped in a power dynamic struggle.

Makes sense, I would've done the same if I were her and in her own shoes. Can't wait to see how this will unfold especially how Alejandro will react to the one he's supposed to fall for. I think that he'll look at her with disdain since he'll remember her calling him monster. Without his curse, it's going to be pretty tough to get close to him like Ibelina has.

Users who are viewing this thread