Site feedback - Please read the post so your comment does not get DELETED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[ol]
[li]Too much wasted space at each side with big screens in portrait (9:16) view[/li]
[li]On the updates feed, the container is not big enough to view all the columns (some ends un hidden inside the parent container). Again, I think this could be fixed by reducing the margin at each side of the main content (or by using a bigger portion of the grid, if you're using a grid)[/li]
[/ol]

Double-page supporter
Latest updates page cuts off columns on mobile or when browsing window is shrunk beyond a point, no horizontal scroll bar when one would be expected.

1. The chapters list only sorted by latest ; every time I want to start reading a series I have to scroll down all chapters just to reach chapter 1, which also have spoilers in their titles.
2. No way to know the number of chapters for a series in the search results.
3. If I read a chapter it should be marked as read regardless of it being followed or not.

Contributor
1. Can't see new chapters on front page past a certain point, I would like to see more than just today's chapters in case I miss a day or two.
2. Block user should also block or hide comments from that user.
3. Need the option to filter the home page and latest updates page to prevent the display of unwanted genres.

1) The marker denoting a read chapter in the follow list is to bland, and easy to miss

2) Still no way of blacklisting genres of manga either on the main page, or anywhere else.

3) Certain gatefold or double wide pages are difficult to read on mobile, without a lot of zoom.

Group Leader
1) No ability to hide language flags next to every chapter (on the follow list specifically) even if everything is filtered to one language
2) Mobile chapter links are hard to click because the touch target is small and the group name right below it is also a link
3) The follows manga page (https://mangadex.org/follows/manga/1) should list both my latest read chapter and the newest chapter. In other words, I want an easy way to figure out what manga I'm behind on.

1. FAQ — For scanlators AND readers.
2. Site UI is bad. It's is very unintuitive. Fonts for important stuff too small. 95% of front page is filled with stuff not relevant but the nav-bar font sizes are smaller than these manga titles (for dark theme). White is marginally better. My attention is caught by 5 "isekai", "echhi", "harem" titles before I can even begin to navigate the site.
3. These chat boxes are so bad. I accidentally clicked one of the buttons. "Bold" I think and my entire post got replaced with "[/b][/b] " without any way to undo.

1. Generally love the redesign.

2. Translator group is to close to chapter number often resulting in miss clicks especially on mobile

Contributor
[ol]1. The new Layout of the main page.
2. Forum posts and follow list needs a more definitive seperator between titles/posts, or a different coloured BG like V2 to make it more distinguishable. for dark theme
3. Featured titles on front page is useless for me anyway.[/ol]

Dex-chan lover
1. Columns on chapter info (series page and follows page) are a bit slim, they cut off a majority of stuff. maybe find an average length for each field? please don't autoscale it like a file manager would.

2. I can't edit info pages for series I work on. Wouldn't vandalizing be manageable with limiting access to groups that work on the series or to users that have uploaded chapters on the series? filing a report to change things is annoying.

3. I'd really like it if joke scans were allowed. Adding a [JOKE] or some other similar tag to them would filter out any problems people have with them seeming legitimate (even though some of them are both a good TL and a joke and get removed anyway cough cough Bogan Scans cough cough), and it would add to the archival nature of an aggregator site like this one quite nicely.

Dex-chan lover
1. On mobile the chapters sometimes toggle if you accidentally swipe the screen on the all pages mode.
2. Front page doesn’t let you see older post or have a pages in the front page for older posts.
3. On follows you only see the latest chapter update so you can’t see if it was part of a multiple release

Double-page supporter
Updates page is cut off on FF with display 1366*768 and have a lot of empty space. Zooming out helps. Example of issue: https://imgur.com/DqPtoM8

1.) Wish to have the ability to view all any comments I've made. (People dont always tag when they respond)
2.) I prefer a list style on the front page and dont need the weird scrolling stuff on the bottom. It's a waste of bandwidth when you have those awesome side bars.
3.) The ability to filter certain genres under settings to not display/show updates when you're logged in. (Hope that makes sense.)

If any are too "suggestion"-y feel free to ignore. I see them more as adjustments to the current interface. I really like how the site is though otherwise... Only other thing would be maybe limit cover page file size? Some are ridiculous.

Group Leader
1. Can’t see exactly how many views a chapter has gotten after it hits 1k

Group Leader
1. Chapter titles are cut off both on mobile and some pc displays...wish they had a second line if its a long chapter title.

2. Speaking of multi-lines, my biggest gripe is the authors and artists section is still only one line each with no easy way to seperate them (batoto used to use semi colons which made each different name its own hyperlink), Right now it’s ok for one artist/author, not so much for multiple artists or multiple authors who worked on the same series, where it would affect search results.

3. No way to block specific genres site-wide on user accounts. Particularly uploads from Plykiya.

1) front page follows tab is superfluous, last updated with filters and most read series by day/week is more than enough info.
2)header is elongated by logo on mobile
3)could do with more sitewide filters

Good site otherwise.

[ul]
[li]mobile follow page. It used to be easy to see the title and read /unread in a column[/li]
[li]home page follows tab would be nice to have read symbols too [/li]
[li]alternating colors for follow page entries on dark mode[/li]
[/ul]

Contributor
1) there is no "next page" - "previous page" in the home page to scroll more titles, i need to click "latest updates" to do so and i don't like it.

2) the H filter setting should be permament server side and not based on cookies since i use a portable browser and i lose it often, everytime i need to set the H filter "view all", is annoying to do so and sometimes i forget to do it missing some content.

3) The "last updates", "all" and "follows" rows should be deleted, they waste useless space since these links are already in the top navigation bar, for this reason the left column is too compressed compared to the right column (top chapters, top manga, etc...), these things, what we can see or not and how, should are more customizable, everyone have a different lcd with different resolutions.

These are the 3 things i dont like. Thanks.

• The comment system could be improved, even a simple up down scoring. Maybe indented replies too. They could also do to be a bit more compact
• Expand popularity options on front page from just 6h,24h,7d. 6h seems pointlessly short, and I'd like some longer timespans to find new popular manga to check out (like 30d at least)
• When you quick search, why is refine all the way at the bottom? Move it to the top

Dex-chan lover
1. No genre / original language filters (outside of the advanced search).
2. New front page design. Overly cluttered, reading history serves no purpose there
3. No option to mark a manga as "Never show me this shit again". Marking it as "Dropped" should either make it be filtered out or at least give it an icon so I don't find myself clicking on stuff I already rated as trash when an update appears on the frontpage and I've forgotten I've already read that title before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread