Site feedback - Please read the post so your comment does not get DELETED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
is a Reindeer
VIP
1. Hard to notice which specific post you get @'d in, post should be highlighted
2. No thumbnails on the follows latest updates page, even though it could just display similar to the latest updated link on the front page
3. Sort by own user rating on MDList

1. Reading History section does not update
2. Chapters are not marked read when the manga is not followed (this is bothersome because I generally read the manga first before choosing to follow)
3. Featured/New section can be placed on the side (we got alotta room) to make more room for latest update loadout.

Group Leader
1. In stats, can we also get the total # of comments we've made and the # of uploads for uploaders
2. Allow us to change our usernames every 2 weeks or every month

Contributor
1. Auto scrolling for featured/new titles is distracting even with the option to disable it.
2. Follows are the main reason I check the site, so the less clicks to view them, the better.
3. Top chapters/top manga is near redundant. Simplify it into one section.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
1. The site container isn't fluid, especially at <xl widths.
2. Chapter lists still aren't exactly ideal. I think the smaller text on the group and uploader should still affect the lg layout. Most of the "clutter" on the mobile double-row layout seems to me to come from the uploaders and views, although removing that information at those widths wouldn't be great either. Better styling might help, but I don't really have a silver bullet solution purely layout-wise. List options, like with manga?
3. give more :api: pls

1. Follow type shouldn't impact reads/unreads. (Say, if you switch to or from completed)
2. Inability to mark/unmark as read individual chapters.

Dex-chan lover
1. Nav bar can't be hide on mobile unless you are reading.
2. Can't zoom in/out on mobile making uncomfortable to read because it's either too big or too small.
3. Even when I read something, the "eye" doesn't appear.

Contributor
1. Maybe I'm just being dumb about it, but if I want to format text using the bar on top of the comments, it replaces whatever text I have with the corresponding tag, and then if I try another one, it deletes my text again, but surrounds the previous tags with the current ones. I get the feeling it might be intentional, since no one else has been complaining about it, but it isn't really intuitive if it is

2. I want to share what I'm reading on my MDList, but not everything, because I have some Shit Taste I don't want to share with others. Custom lists like on MU maybe?

3. idk if it's still the case, since I haven't used MD when I had notifications for a while (or maybe I did, in that case, this is a bigger issue), but when I'm on mobile, I can't see whether I have notifications unless I open the menu (which I rarely do unless I have notifications, you see the conundrum here)

The website does need work on the mobile end of items.
1. The titles of follows are geared toward desktop and get cut off on the side and thus need the screen needs to be moved around to see if it is a new chapter or not.
2. Reading the manga has a small challenge to it as a small border allows for moving up and down the screen. Now that they are gone I consistently move to the next page unintentionally.

Power Uploader
1. The header of the menu cuts off the header of the content, including scans
QnROBW1XGKU.jpg

2. I can only see the update for the last six hours. It`s OK in the bookmarks, but how can I see the new manga, which, for example, posted over six hours ago?! You're crazy. What idiot decided to leave only 6 hours?! I work 12 hours, not including travel time. This is a mockery, not an update.
BAieK5_xZek.jpg

Double-page supporter
1. Even though MDList was introduced, it has no custom lists / can't hide specific lists.
2. The "Top chapters" section is useless and slightly annoying when it's populated with manga in your dropped/on-hold/plan-to-read lists.

1. Fixed header bar eats up space on mobile
2. Advanced search is buried in a weird place in the menus (Menu->Manga->Search is not where I would expect it to be)
3. Include/Exclude checkboxes in advanced search only work on tags, not demograpic, despite there being checkboxes for the demographics. If I want to exclude eg. Shounen from search results, it doesn't work because mostly those works only have their demographic set and are not also tagged for it.

Group Leader
1. Profile pictures keeps loading in the background on mobile site but not displayed, wasting data transfer uselessly (esp. for those with metered bandwidth).

I've noticed that if I finish reading a manga chapter that I'm not following, and then click to Follow it, it does not show up as already read in my Follows list. I have to go back and go to the last page of the chapter to make it marked as read. Not a big deal, though.

Contributor
1. Front page updates don't show multiple releases, only the latest one if multiple are uploaded.

1. Please allow us to directly delete unread PMs so we don't have a permanent notification listed.
I don't feel that it's appropriate to force us to open/read someones unwanted correspondence just to get rid of the red message alert icon.

Fed-Kun's army
1. The buttons to change what page you are viewing are only at the bottom of the page meaning you have to scroll all the way down their just to go from one page to the next. Having a copy of the page changer bar at the top would be nice.

2. The search list has dropdowns showing what the status of the series is on your account (Reading, Completed, plan to read, etc) but the latest updates page doesn't have that feature.

3. There's no way to access latest updates from the home bar to my knowledge.

These are all small QOL changes that focus on improving the latest updates browsing experience. I really don't have anything major to complain about. Thanks for all the hard work making and improving the site.

Power Uploader
1. Fixed header, it can take a huge part of your screen on phone. Reason why 99% of the websites dont have this fixed but only on top or when you scroll up.

1. Would be good to automatically mark chapter as read even if the manga is not 'followed' or marked as 'reading'
2. Would like ability to remove a title/chapter from reading history.
3. No option to mark a manga as "Never show me this again". Marking it as "Dropped" should either make it be filtered out or at least give it an icon so I don't find myself clicking on stuff I already rated as trash when an update appears on the frontpage and I've forgotten I've already read that title before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread