Site Feedback Reply Thread

Staff
Admin
@Halo

2. The "Top chapters" section is useless and slightly annoying when it's populated with manga in your dropped/on-hold/plan-to-read lists.

The current incarnation of Top lists is there to show current trends across the site - not as a bespoke list to each user.

Staff
Admin
@mangaisferweebs

1. No search result filter, like not being able to sort by higher rating first when I do an advanced search.

You can click the arrows next to the stat icon on advanced search result pages to filter them by that stat.

@ixlone I assume that's not available on mobile? Thanks for telling me! And uh, sorry if we're also not supposed to answer you.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Nayn it's available on mobile as well
you're free to answer :x don't know why people aren't lol

Contributor
@Plykiya

My bad, only skimmed the first comment and didn't see the No Reader thing. And I guess every time I looked at the Beta site I read a high resolution manga that made me think that...disregard.

Contributor
@ixlone
1. Front page updates don't show multiple releases, only the latest one if multiple are uploaded.

FYI you can swap back to the old layout with multiple chapters on display in your settings. The new view is kinder on the server.

There may be a way we can make it obvious other new chapters have being released... Needs investigating.

How about displaying only the first chapter of the multiple upload on the front page followed by +. You can also show the number of chapter uploaded in past hour or day.

Eg.
Manga Title
Chapter 27 +(3)

Or the reverse, with showing only latest chapter along with number of uploads in past hour or day

Dex-chan lover
@ Plykiya
>3) Would like a special reader view for Webtoons to link all "pages" as one long scroll so they can be viewed as they were intended.

If an entry has the "webtoon" genre on it, the reader will default to long strip (native) and fit to width mode. Exactly the way it was intended to be viewed.
If it doesn't have this, report the manga using the flag on it to get it added. You can change your reader setting to long strip yourself as well, to read all manga in the same fashion.
Also, no reader comments in this thread.

Ah my bad. I just noticed it does exist and works fine. I checked it out when I first came to the site and was fiddling with the settings. It didn't seem to work then, but that was months ago and I hadn't cheeked since. So um good work i guess?

I wonder what else I've missed.
*opens wardrobe*
[Narnia intensifies]
Huh. So this was here the whole time... Who knew?

Double-page supporter
@ixlone
The current incarnation of Top lists is there to show current trends across the site - not as a bespoke list to each user.
But it's not really "current" due to the episodic nature of manga. You might as well just call it "last chapters of popular series plus some extra" instead.
It's different from movies and music where top lists are constantly changing and trends used for discoverability.
I don't need a bespoke list, but a way to discover manga without having to dig through series I already know about.

Staff
Admin
@Halo

It's current to this site. Basically what is trending right now/time frame.

strip reader seems broken:
when i open a manga i the page starts loading, I can see 1-2 pages and then i see an overlay "loading" animation that stays there for a while but even if you scroll down no other images are loading. it's just blocking my view.
can't scroll to the end because it will take me to the next chapter or the main page for the manga
and the newest anti feature: doesn't start loading the image until i scroll all the way down to the last loaded image.
the side navigation menu is cumbersome from a UX perspective, a navigation bar at the top and/or bottom would provide a better UX.

Users who are viewing this thread