Skip Beat! - Vol. 46 Ch. 284 - Spring Sign - Waking Up to Unforeseen Circumstances

Fed-Kun's army
Best boi, Yashiro.
He's like the number one fan of the ship. lol

I love seeing more of Ren like this but also, can we know more about Kyoko's current project? I feel like we haven't gotten to see her film for that. And did BoxR (or something like that) finish?

What do you mean Yashiro-san? Kyoko will go there?? What?? NO Not the cliffhanger!!

does this mean it would be a couple's necklace instead? hell would break loose if the fans get to see Kyouko wear it when they're together

Wait, so is Yashiro in on the whole confession bit or did I just forget? Wouldn't that get back to the president? I love that they're finally acknowledging mutual feelings but geez, I really wanna see Kyouko as a ninja!

I have been reading Skip Beat for about 15 years. Although there have been ups and downs, I really do love this story and I am glad that Nakamura-san takes her time with every development. Instead of rushing through the confessions and quickly moving on to the next thing, she is dealing with the consequences and showing how that moment has affected the characters. She's also solidifying their reasoning for choosing to do more in their careers before becoming an official couple. There are a lot of complaints about the pacing but I think it's great that she is being thoughtful about this mini-arc.

Supporter
@sweetlyincensed i Wholeheartedly agree.

The only thing that mildly frustrates me, are cliffs, but even that is something to look forward to, keeps me hungry for the manga in a way.
As for the pacing, i think it only feels slow because its a monthly release, a weekly one would't be viewed as so imho,
but honestly i don't hate it, having it faster also takes away from the development of the characters,
even though the manga was been ongoing for quite a while,
i don't think Kyoko and "Ren" have known each other for long,
i'll just check the wiki right quick.
Timeline

Yup, they "officially" met on February and the latest chapter is in April of the year after, so its been 15 months, or 11 years and 4 months if you wanna get technical...
that's not a very long time in the grand scheme of things, or maybe its been to long.... This is why having multiple identities is bad.
quickening the pace would make their relationship feel much more rushed, i think.

edit:
ALSO, ALSO, thanks for the translation.

For a brief moment in the last two chapters, the art improved and once again in the latest chapter it got so much worse!

Double-page supporter
@Aliamus - regarding pacing, I think it's worth noting that nowadays we get far fewer pages than we used to.

The magazine that publishes Skip Beat (Hana to Yume) comes out twice a month and, before it got big, the author obviously had to have a chapter ready for each one. Older chapters had about 30 pages. So, about 60 pages per month.

I don't know when it changed, but during the Heel siblings arc, I remember it was skipping one magazine every other month (i.e. we had 3 chapters every 2 months). About 45 pages per month.

Nowadays we get 1 chapter per month and each chapter only has 20 pages. That's one third of the pages we used to get 15 years ago.

To put it in another way, even if the story is progressing in the same page-by-page pace from 15 years ago, it takes 3 times longer to tell the same story.

I'm so glad I found this manga again, and surprised it was still ongoing. It really does feel like the One Piece of manga but in a good way.

It was a fun, if sometimes frustrating, time reading through this manga from the beginning till now. The last time I read this was about 4 years ago, and at least I got to read through the Heel sibling arc and get to the confession without dealing with the cliffhangers. Unfortunately now I am in the same boat as everyone else.

Ah well, I hope we get at least a cute date scene before Ren goes to America. Then I want to see Kyoko go back to her acting, and get different roles. One of the most interesting parts of this manga was watching Kyoko create the persona for the character she was chosen for, and then the transformation scenes!

8 years waiting is worthhhhhhhhh. I want to scream for the world know that how much i love this manga. Mannnnn

Holy shit! These women of his fan club are so sharp! xD But this is so true, you cannot hide anything from women!

Users who are viewing this thread