Skip Beat! - Vol. 47 Ch. 289 - Route Kingdom

Her Father??? I have no idea who that man is in the background. I've been reading this for over a DECADE at this point lol

To anyone wondering who the man at the last panel was.
That's Ren's Father. Kyoko acted as his son when he came to Japan

I feel like skip beat is gonna be one of those series that goes on indefinite hiatus because the author got too old/sick to finish it. It's gonna get to chapter 526 and Kyoko and Ren will have already moved on from whatever crush they once had because it took so long for any progress to be made.

Double-page supporter
@EternalDragon if im remembering right, that's the guy kyoko had to take care of where she had to dress up like kuon. he was an american actor and basically adopted kyoko as his daughter-son

genuinely don't know if this counts as spoilers bc it's my speculation but i think it was implied that he was .... ren's dad? i think that's who he was? i wonder if this girl is ren's family then? sister or cousin?
time to wait for another month to get more breadcrumb clues 🤧

It's so crazy that I've reread this manga so many times in my waiting that I quite literally remember EVERYTHING about it. Just a bit shameful. :D

Why do I feel that 'Sara' is either Ren's mom or a relative of Kuu.

Hahaha, if ever she is Ren's mom... It is funny that both of his parents love to eat but their son (Ren) hated food or is quaking when it is time to eat. 🤣

Btw, thanks for the very fast update!

She's either Julie or Kuu's sister. If it is Julie, I get why Kuon feels eating is a chore. When you live in a house when you see two black holes consume food like no tomorrow in EVERY SINGLE MEAL TIME you'll bound to loose appetite.

Double-page supporter
@EternalDragon lmao I feel u... i've done a reread of skip beat, like, four times now ngl. I only remember kuu bc his arc was one of my favorites lol

@thesuperdip

Kyoko had to learn English when she helped out at the really fancy inn that Sho's parents own! She also had more practice using less formal English when she was being Setsuka for the Cain Siblings [:

And thank you translators and everyone who worked to bring us this chapter so fast!! It was really enjoyable!

@thesuperdip

I think its because she studied really hard and good in every subject. Cause she can get perfect mark for every subject when answering the entrace exam iirc which shows how good she is theoretical English. And when she acted as kid Kuon she has more opportunity to speak English more naturally with the Dad that improves her practical English I guess.

Edit: also what risa pointed out! I forgot about the inn thing and cain siblings too.

ALSO LOL REN HE WANTS KYOKO TO FEEL JELLY BUT KNOWS ITS HARD HAHAHAHA poor guy but at least shes understanding gg i love them so much

Fed-Kun's army
@thesuperdip Kyoko was already capable of communicating in English albeit it was for business (so it was the awkwardly polite English) during her time at Sho's family's inn. But she then practised English with Kuu (when she acted as his son Kuon), then later on in Black Jack(?) arc when her job is to be Ren's persona's sister Satsuki. During these two times, she used English the whole time they conversed. So by now she should be very comfy with normal American English I guess.

@thesuperdip I believe it was during the Dark Breath arc wherein she and Ren acted as the Heel siblings. She had to constantly speak English with Ren, so maybe she practiced a lot before and during their stint?

To the team, thanks for your hard work! This is a cute chapter, and I'm looking forward to more progress in the next one. 😍

Users who are viewing this thread