Slave of Black Knight - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
@Greenfrost; The tags include "Adaptation", so I'm guessing that's the WN or LN artwork. Personally I'm okay with the manga art. Manga version of MC at least doesn't look like some effeminate hairstyling product model like in the cover art version.

Dex-chan lover
@Greenfrost He's been slaving away without much time to really keep himself well kempt still. He gets trimmed up a bit after leaving. As for they eyes and stuff yeah that's just manga art quality lacking in comparison to the novel.

Staff
Super Moderator
This beginning is one of the stupidest I've seen 😐

Fed-Kun's army
wait a moment.. thats really big corruption. they falsely accused him, didnt pay a penny for all the time he served and was treated as criminal slave, and even wanted money to let him leave?
at her place i would grab those money a gave it to him, as compensation for his work. because it was totally illegal slavery
not just that, this captain deserves to be imprisoned himself

@CronosusCZ yeah but under a monarchy, in a kingdom, it doesn't matter how fucked up the higher authorities deal with things. It's literally not too far off from what a dictatorship would be, only difference is the assumption that the royals were chosen divinely.

Contributor
Is this MC retarded or what? Why was he so certain he is a criminal if he did nothing?

Double-page supporter
Well i am happy to see that zeid is free and is gonna live a better life than previous before😄

@jokerxhisoka I highly doubt that someone who has been in a life or death struggle area since they were 5 and then decided to visit civilization is gonna know all that much about their rights or law. Zeid also seems to be the good hearted sort of person so as easy as it would have been to slaughter his jailors, he probably wanted to go along with what was supposed to be "service to the country" and penitence for whatever crime the country accused him of despite the abuse.

Feels like after he leaves...his former teammates will all die on the next mission. And he’ll possibly get stuck with an accusation of sabotage carried out before he left.

disclaimer: the above is not a spoiler. I have not read future works. This is pure conjecture. Again, not a spoiler.

Group Leader
@velvetR

Damn, we live in sad times when even starting a conjecture with "Feels like", people feel forced to further explain that it's not a spoiler, but a guess...

Regarding your point, I don't feel like that... or better, I hope it won't be like that.
I think that the selfish knight might die or cause some deaths due to his incompetence, then his daughter will have to take the reigns and try to stir the troops in a better, more humane direction.
And she will probably need the help of the MC a few times.

From the introduction we've got, she actually seems rather important to the story.
Also, the manga has Harem and Romance tags, but no Drama tags.

Dex-chan lover
The slow reveal to his new outfit is kind of funny, considering how ordinary it looks.

Wait, that’s it? They buy his freedom? They just said the leader of the knights took him as a slave and prisoner without him actually committing a crime. I get they’re saving a reunion for later, but I feel like this should have blown up bigger already that a “distinguished” knight took an innocent man as a slave with not criminal basis to it

Dex-chan lover
This guy is the definition of a blametaker! A masochist you could say.

Fed-Kun's army
If he has been just surviving in that forest for his life, then I guess it makes kinda sense for him not developing his social skills... But still he should be able to understand right from wrong, and when him being a "criminal" is total BS.. Basically what I'm saying is that this protagonist is a total imbecile. He's just gullible idiot, who can't really think for himself.

These 2 chapters were enough for me to already know, that I'm not gonna like this protagonist. His INT-points are too low for my taste.

Double-page supporter
nooo I liked his previous hairstyle. Why cut it ?
I was hoping this catgirl be some demon or something. But its just a guild leader.... ah well. So hes only going to be an adventure ?

Its nice that his bros/comrads support him, but they all going to die horrible deaths on the battlefield now.

Users who are viewing this thread