Slime Seijo - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Apr 9, 2020
Messages
515
The intro made me wish for a manga with a true villainess as the main character.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jun 8, 2018
Messages
295
The slime is abnormally smart but if this is just comedy then I have no problem with it. Or maybe accessing memory of evil saint makes it smarter.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 21, 2018
Messages
1,925
If i was the butler I would look up at that very moment
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Feb 22, 2020
Messages
534
Wait, now that i reread it, isnt that girl wearing looks like a saint robe?
 
Group Leader
Joined
Dec 6, 2019
Messages
3,001
Interesting. I've read some manga of slime entering a girl, but this one is quite different. :thonk::thonk:
 
Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jul 5, 2020
Messages
677
It's not that it's a hard standard to meet it's that no one wants to do it. And why would they? Fan service and sex sells and slime possession is insanely low hanging fruit for that, hence the large volume of ecchi and hentai about it, pioneered in large part by Date. And, well, fine. Artists know the market. Go nuts. That is not my issue. The person I quoted would rather upthumb you than address the fact that they were recommending extreme hentai, without saying that it's even hentai at all, in the forum of a series that doesn't even have the suggestive tag, so far (suggesting it might be aimed at a younger audience) and say that it's "better". Sending multiple users, some of whom might be underage, to visit exhentai (sad panda) to find it thinking it's something like Slime Saint but better which it totally isn't. Why would anyone do that?? Recommendations are fine (I like those), but it would be nice for someone to address that doing what they did is a pretty f'd up thing to do. And they appear to be running and hiding behind your comment as if it's some kind of approval.

First suggestion is, as you said, not for minors, but at least you actually freaking mentioned that in your post, unlike the other poster. I definitely do not appreciate SV so this one is a hard pass even if it shows up only once. My experience with SV in animé, manga and visual novels has often been little more than a cheap plot device to motivate a character (usually the male lead) into action (unless said character is actually the one doing it. . . Fun. . . -_-). It's so seldomly treated seriously and with respect that I see the tag and just run immediately. I don't need that shit. If others do, fine. I'm not saying it shouldn't exist and that people shouldn't consume it and enjoy it and I've gotten relatively good at avoiding it myself. The tags on MangaDex have been incredibly useful for that (for the most part. . .). But users shouldn't be recommending hentai in the forum of a series that looks like it might be aimed at a younger audience. That should just be fing common sense.

Second suggestion sounds much better. Suggestive tags don't throw me off because that could mean anything from 1 scene to every single f'ing chapter (which is what I don't care for, at that point it's basically SH/SA). So I might actually give that one a go. I'm not into vore, though, but it's not tagged as gore so it can't be that bad (right?). I can imagine the scene where she gets consumed and turned into an alraune to potentially be suggestive. Again, honey or sap, it's often very similar to slime, so insanely low hanging fruit there. Even Mira, a yuri hentai artist (there's your content warning, 18+) with mostly vanilla content has gone there more than once. It does sound more like fusion to me than actual possession but I guess it would depend on how it's presented. I wouldn't consider 3x3 Eyes, Elfen Lied (content warning, SV and gore for both) or SHUFFLE! (another warning, very suggestive, visual novel is hentai) to be possession stories. They're just 2 minds sharing the same body, mostly willingly and with consent. I guess I associate possession more with an actual takeover of the body (even if the host is dead, Slime Saint) or a struggle between the 2 minds with each other. A complete, or attempt at a complete, takeover of the host body.

Second one is most like Slime Saint for sure, even if not actual possession. I'm not desperate for clean possession content I was just pointing out how insanely rare it is to see and wouldn't mind seeing more.
They didn't say it was better, they just said "the best are (of this kind of story)", which obviously implies comparison to all the other similar stories someone might want to read as well, not to the current one. That's how recommending similar series works, you say which are similar and which of those similar you like best, if they thought Date is better than this, they would say it outright "Date's manga is even better than this".

Any underage user that goes to hentai site would do that despite all the warnings while entering it about it being porn site, so that's their issue, and while a mention of it being very drastic hentai would be nice, sure, the "bastard" part already suggests something not nice. And there is nothing wrong with recommending hentai in the forum, young people know that porn exists and purifying online discussions just because someone underage might see a word about 18+ stuff is just bullshit. Even here we have people being brutally tortured and crippled for fun, MC possessing a murdered body, so it's not really some kind of Teletubbies or My Little Pony, it's very clearly not a series for little kids, and any teenager already knows and most probably seen porn, and in case of a manga-reading teenager also hentai, you don't need to protect their minds from the knowledge of very existence of hardcore porn.

People also shouldn't need to rattle off a list of content warnings when talking about stuff like Elfen Lied, unless someone specifically asks about them when they express interest.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top