Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level MAX ni Nattemashita

Fed-Kun's army
I wonder when will people properly adapt a correct Beelzebub, and not the version that has been slandered(His actual name is not the lord of the flies as the church cynically claimed. He is the Lord of the High Place and he's not even a Demon but a pagan god.)
I grow tired of people only adapting these beings following fake conventions, people are finally starting to adapt Witches correctly, so they should do the same for other people and beings.

Dex-chan lover
damn... instant follow, hope there will be more frequent and regular chapters ^_^

blue dragon upset he did not get invite or secret affection for a red dragon ???

FEAR St. Elmo's Fire ?

Fed-Kun's army
@Snowmanne No I don't need any source or proof of your knowledge. You're very correct.
The problem here is that his actual name is NOT Beelzebub, it's something else. It was Beelzebaoul or something like that, and his actual given name is Baal. This Beelzebaoul or Beelzebub or whatever, is only his title. The church changed his name to Beelzebub to try and convert as many people to Christianism as possible. Back them they were doing this to gods of many religions in an agressive compaign to get more followers(Yes, they were freaking assholes slandering other culture's pantheons and only painting their own colors as white). They even tried to do that on Japan, but the priest who did it tried so hard that what they earned was only an execution.

Double-page supporter
@BloodySorcerer By the time the church existed as an organization, Ba'al worship was already gone.
They also aren't the ones who invented the name Beelzebub. It's just the English transcript of the Latin transcript of the Greek Transcript of the Hebrew transcript of Ba'al Zvuv. Ba'al means "lord/owner" in semitic languages, and the (pre-christian) bible refers to Ba'al as Ba'al Zvuv, not as part of some sort of massive brainwashing conspiracy, but just because it was a joke among the Israelites at the time (a meme, if you will).
Judaism doesn't have demons, so when Christianity tried to fit the demonic beings of pagan European cultures into their mythology, they just chose random names of foreign gods mentioned in the bibles for them.

tl;dr - Beezlebub has nothing to do with Witchcraft or paganism, so you don't need to pretend to be offended in it's name

Fed-Kun's army
@Snowmanne I beg to differ, while you may indeed believe that they didn't have the intention and that's ok, I can't prove they did otherwise. The invention of hell, and their many tries to convert the Norse(who resisted bravely), seem to prove otherwise. Now I do understand that the Church was not all about corruption, priests and other lower members of the clergy were usually true believers. But I can say that there were indeed ill intentions behind some choices. The Invention of hell itself was one of them. Why would they even use the name hell in the first place? Specially when the Norse religion still exists even to this day, unlike the old greek one that has already died out and it's now just a part of culture and mythology.
As a matter of fact I've been doing some research and I've found some weird things about the whole story behind the Ragnarök, someone correct me if I'm wrong or missing any information.
But I believe that this story was created by the Christians and not by the norse themselves. Most paintings and pottery depicting this story features crosses and angels coming after the Ragnarök. Which stengthens my belief that this story doesn't actually belong to the Norse. And was just another tactic to convert the germanic and nordic people
Even though the old norse were stupid(sorry, I don't mean to offend), and never recorded their culture in books or documents, only in poems and songs(which allowed for it to be mostly lost in time or completely changed over time)

Group Leader
Re: The cover

The nice slime daughter has the hair color of a standard Dragon Quest slime.

The vengeful slime daughter has the hair color of a Dragon Quest babble. I.e., a slime that was so toxic it started to melt.

Dex-chan lover
It feels really weird to me how far ahead the official english novel releases are in comparison to the Manga.

Dex-chan lover
"Slime Slayer" in alt names. So, will Goblin Slayer find himself female goblin if he keeps the pace?

Dex-chan lover
No flag goes unclaimed. No Bishoujo goes unclaimed. Perfect Elf Waifu!?! For an isekai this is really good. Except for the first chapter. That was just trash!

Fed-Kun's army
I'm just gonna issue a general chill pill notice before people start making a ruckus about the chapter skip - just read it real quick and then read the TL page before you lose your cool. It's not a big leap ahead in the manga, just a little crossover chapter that this person uploaded to bring attention to the thing it's crossing over with.

Group Leader
Has a spinoff that started this week:
https://www.ganganonline.com/contents/hirayakunin/

"ヒラ役人やって1500年、魔王の力で大臣にされちゃいました"

"Working for 1500 years, they made me a Demon Lord?" Not sure. Has a younger Beelzebub in office clothes, is cute.

Edit: There's also a spinoff novel starring the Elf, too!

Users who are viewing this thread