Slow Prison Life - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

So, they're trying to make the spoiled masochist appear even more irrelevant by not making him appear at all?

@kwendy I never said about, right or wrong. It's always a very subjective topic to me, depending on which side you choose and as you have mentioned. I just vented my frustration after reading the chapter and even more so after reading the spoilers here. I got interested because of the premise it presented but considering the spoilers, if that is how it plays, and as one user mentioned (don't remember the exact words), they are just changing girls (1st it was foreign minister girl, now again its a fiance knight girl). Its just boring to me. I'm happy it ended.

Aggregator gang
HAH!

A short comedy manga managed to have more moral ambiguity in it than most serious series that intentionally try for morality painted in shades of gray.

I love it.

Can't say any character in this was actually a good person.

Contributor
@evlbb2 Oh. HA! Bet the artist really wanted to work on this but was only given a 3 chapter max, so they were like "Fine, I'll play your game"

Double-page supporter
Wish the translators would have given a heads up that this was a glorified ad for a novel.

Double-page supporter
@m4ng4 I think you misunderstood a lot.
The Villainess doesn't care about the prince. She didn't even care who took him (the reason she doesn't recognize the girl). She wanted to stop being the prince's fiancee.
The fiancee of her brother doesn't love him. She likes messing around with him, but there is no love. He is her toy.
The knight was put far from the castle because she was too dangerous. At the same time, she is full yandere.

None of the 3 girls are righteous. All 3 are bad. You have 2 sadists (one physically, the other mentally) (A missing scene from the novel: the brother asks to the 2 girls about a vague memory of him drowning in a lake while a girl launched rock. He asked which one was launching. The girls answer that his memory is wrong: there were both her. The villainess launched the rocks while the fiancee abused him verbally); and one crazy. 2 of them show no love and treat their fiances like toys, the last one impose her love.

@Ovnidemon I think, I understood it right. Though I don't know any spoilers (except just the ones mentioned here), the way the story has been going on, with just one side being topic of interest, is a no-no to me. There's no balancing act, and I'm not interested in reading the novel, which "may" present somethings to balance it out. After reading the synopsis, I prolly got interested because I thought, it was a revenge-mix based story of a princess and how the princess, who was misunderstood will rise, but after reading this chapter, and the spoilers you and previous users mentioned, it all just seems bullshit to me. I don't feel like using a better word for this right now, though I have read worse stories and have enjoyed them.

Page 27, knights in full plate with "Oops!" poses. Wonderful! Page 52, me, every Sunday night thinking about Monday morning.
I love this story. They're all awful people and I enjoyed every panel. ;)

Wow, the first half of this chapter was just... way too finally unlike the rest of the manga. Kinda ruined it for me.

I know this is now over because it was an ad for the novel but my god this story was absolutely priceless and I really would have loved for more of it in manga form. I've never laughed that hard before in my life! A love beserker?! LOL! And oh lord, that prince better run for dear life! That was the yaoi fan book Rachel wrote wasn't it?!?! I'm going to go reread this for more laughs. XD

Dex-chan lover
No monkey shenanigans :(

@m4ng4 : the premis feels stupid because it is a parody of a genre filled with stupidity where the rules and traditions that maintain their society are super important for everyone other than the main character and her love interests.

Double-page supporter
@m4ng4 Think of it like a gag story. Like Tom and Jerry. Tom (the prince) tries to do trick to Jerry (the princess) but all his plans fails because Jerry is too cunning and make better plans. There is not much of story, each chapter/episode is pretty much separated from the rest but each chapter (of the novel, the manga put more than 1 chapter per manga chapter) has a them. There is one with the yandere fiance, one with punching bag, one about her brother, ...

Users who are viewing this thread