Smoking Behind the Supermarket with You - Vol. 3 Ch. 26.3 - April Fools' Special

Supporter
Tried out Square Enix's Manga Up app. They really try to obfuscate pricing as much as possible. One free daily currency, one premium cash currency, and one bonus currency you receive an allotment of on day one but is also given as a "bonus amount" when purchasing premium currency. The free daily tokens is nice, if you're willing to sit on delayed access to recent chapters. But chapters in general vary in cost as well, older chapters are 40 versus most recent chapters being 80. Also, consider, they break chapters beyond a certain length into multiple pieces. Finally, purchasing chapters only allows access for three days. So, you're essentially paying full digital pricing for a chapter at the end of things, are only getting limited time access, and are stuck on their app because they have no website reading for chapters. And don't get me started on trying a few chapters of this title on there and how a lot of the dialogue made zero sense, like bad mtl.

Really hate that titles get dropped when things end up there. Really hope someone picks this up to do right by this series because this new official English ain't it.

Dex-chan lover
Tried out Square Enix's Manga Up app. They really try to obfuscate pricing as much as possible. One free daily currency, one premium cash currency, and one bonus currency you receive an allotment of on day one but is also given as a "bonus amount" when purchasing premium currency. The free daily tokens is nice, if you're willing to sit on delayed access to recent chapters. But chapters in general vary in cost as well, older chapters are 40 versus most recent chapters being 80. Also, consider, they break chapters beyond a certain length into multiple pieces. Finally, purchasing chapters only allows access for three days. So, you're essentially paying full digital pricing for a chapter at the end of things, are only getting limited time access, and are stuck on their app because they have no website reading for chapters. And don't get me started on trying a few chapters of this title on there and how a lot of the dialogue made zero sense, like bad mtl.

Really hate that titles get dropped when things end up there. Really hope someone picks this up to do right by this series because this new official English ain't it.
do they usually get dropped once they get an official english version? whats the reason behind it?

Dex-chan lover
It's like 2023 but Copyright laws are like still in 1960s.

I mean the pricing is absurd as hell, I'm okay with paying for the Manga, but online version costs like 10-15 times in India than it does in Japan. Plus Manga Up is especially acting like a corporate sucker with their non sensical pricing, even the Translations are a bit weird. Tbh, I think the Japanese publisher really doesn't care about foreign audiences, that's why I'm like learning Japanese and wanna read the raws directly without the same bs recurring with every manga....

Dex-chan lover
Any chance you could hold off dropping it until the official release has made decent progress in catching up? Otherwise, we're all going to be waiting like half a year to a whole year for new chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Because a lot of scanlators don't want to be ass deep in lawyers and need to lay on the low. It is just safer for people to just drop a manga when it gets licensed in English.
Sorry if I'm being dumb here but how would they even know who to sue or send cease and desist notices to? It's not like they're putting their real names on the credit page.

Group Leader
Any chance you could hold off dropping it until the official release has made decent progress in catching up? Otherwise, we're all going to be waiting like half a year to a whole year for new chapters.
The official app already has all of the chapters. I'll be filling up the remaining chapter gap here before stopping.

Users who are viewing this thread