So I'm a Spider, So What? - Vol. 10 Ch. 48.2

@FudgePucker I mean yeah, the spider side has been pretty faithful minus a few details, but due to the missing chapters I can't really call it a great adaptation (not the mangaka's fault though, considering how slow the releases are we'd still be in volume 3 at this point if they did all the chapters), if only for the fact that it sets a different expectation of the series.
In the LN from the start we have
two seemingly separate stories that slowly get intertwined over time, showing us that this a story that goes beyond our protagonist as we slowly uncover the mystery of the reincarnation and the truth about this strange world operating under video-game logic through the point of views of numerous characters with unique and engaging personalities, backgrounds and perspective. The fights for survival our spider experience is but one facet of this story. And even if you don't think the other characters are as interesting as her, their mere presence from the first book onwards manage to tell you right off the bat that there is more going on in here than just ''Spooder fighting monsters''
On the opposite side, the manga is now nearing 50 chapters and there's barely been anything but ''Spider fights monsters and makes funny references'', so needless to say that a lot of readers would, at this point, think that this is supposed to be a fun casual read with little to no plot. So now that we're finally getting to the more character/plot heavy parts of the story, it is likely to be jarring since there has been no precedent for such a thing so far. I hope people will give it a chance and keep going, but I really don't know if the manga will work as well now that is has no choice but to do the plot heavy parts (especially since there's some plot points that have been missing so far and so they'll have no choice but to do some extra set-ups for those).

Dex-chan lover
Ain't she supposed to be 2 or 3 metres tall? she looks under a metre

was she contemplating her conflicting with her wills about eating the bandits while eating the bandits? I say that cause her cheeks look full and like she is chewing

@Liquidxlax
was she contemplating her conflicting with her wills about eating the bandits while eating the bandits? I say that cause her cheeks look full and like she is chewing
no, she has zero problems eating the bandits since she's done that kind of thing before (remember that group of soldiers with a mage that burned her web? those that she killed she ate them, it's the law of the jungle in the Elroe Labyrinth after all). What is concerning her is the fact that the wills are now doing things on their own accord, which is not a good sign.

I really can't wait for my LNs to get here... this moves at such a snails pace.

Dex-chan lover
@Liquidxlax I think it has been explained somewhere that it is how she views herself, but in reality she is eldritch spider demon scary looking.

Dex-chan lover
@AMetroid
yeah you're right on that.

D got so bored being a god that she decided to fake an identity, mask her presence, and try to live an honest to god student life 'cause she was bored as hell.

the result was the previous hero and demon king allied to basically try kill her but resulted in the mess of an entire class being wiped out and her managing their souls to reincarnate.
D kinda panicked at the fact that there'll be descripancy of the number of souls getting reincarnated, so D used our little Kumoko as substitute.

It's pretty safe to say that Kumoko is indeed
Wakaba Hiiro
and at the same time she's not 'cause
her real name now is Shiraori
. She still possess the identity of the former 'cause D made it that way.

I love it that in
volume 9, Shiraori totally admits she has a hate-boner for D... xD

Fed-Kun's army
I feel like the author is just dumping this truckload of character information and just assuming we ll remember it later, which lets be reeal here.. a lot of us wont even remember the name of the baby let alone the stats and skills

Dex-chan lover
The adaptation needs to be structured with an awareness of the schedule of release. What works in a daily can fail miserably in a semi-annual, bi-monthly, or monthly. What will work in a tankobon can fail in a serial.

Also, the prevailing situation is actually equivalent to having frequent releases, two-thirds of which are non-canonic, weak attempts at humor.

@DLRevan
all of you are f***ing leechers anyway. Rip into it, criticize it or even drop it, and influence others along the same path...doesn't matter. Series will still continue on anyway, and the author doesn't have to give a shit about you.
(Underscore mine.) Well, no. I acquire tankobon based upon what I find on MangaDex, and urge American publishers to produce licensed series based upon what I find here. And I'm not alone.

The effect of bootlegging on the sale of manga has been seriously studied by at least one economist; and, for some of them, bootlegging results in increased sales, exactly because readers discover or are reminded of the manga by the bootlegged version. But, obviously, if the audience is annoyed by what they learn of the manga from the bootlegged version, then they are far less likely to buy.

Dex-chan lover
@FudgePucker
Also people complaining about the exposition heavy chapter, this is VERY IMPORTANT exposition because it is our introduction to a main character.
You're telling me that this manga introduces a new main character almost 50 chapters after it started?! The first chapter came out almost 5 years ago, there's no excuse for this frustratingly slow pacing.

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN In previous comments it has been stated that the Manga is out of order in comparison with the WN/LN. Spider shenanigans are parallel with Kumo's classmates adventures and are told as such. The manga has concentrated to much on Kumo. This chapter is probably a result of not touched stuff that in the WN was already explored by this point.

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN
You know introducing a new main character along the way is absolutely no problem at all right? Many fictional works do that. One Piece, Kaguya-sama, Avatar, JoJo, even SoL anime like Lucky Star, K-ON, or western TV shows that changes their main character every season or so because of the actor's end of contract.

i mean they're gonna start growing their own ways as soon as they have unique experiences, including just, doing separate things in the moment to moment. probably need to take a moment to synchronize experiences and viewpoints if she wants to maintain cohesion, tho idk if the author's gonna use this as an Opportunity For Drama

Dex-chan lover
@Brutu Yeah of course but that conversation is about writing technique and is out of topic of what I was trying to say: absurdly slow pacing.

@EtanRed I'm aware but I'm judging the manga independent of the source material. Restructuring the introduction like this is messy and this chapter implies it well

Sigmar save! Full exposition chapter, thought the ending about differences in parrarel wills may be important i hope we wont get „floor is made out of floor” chapters. Also running water as weakness reminds me of D&D.

Dex-chan lover
I swear this manga suffers from over explanation and inefficient story progressions since forever, its not bad if its like weekly but its not. Its monthly, and it's not even a chapter that's released, it's half of the chapter

Users who are viewing this thread