So I'm a Spider, So What? - Vol. 10 Ch. 50.3

And the manga keeps with the trend of changing Kumoko's personality
Manga
Kumoko: If Ohts win they won't leave me alone for sure.
Kumoko: No point in thinking about it.
Kumoko: Interfering is my only choice!! I have to help them.

Novel
Kumoko: Why don’t I just participate in the war? That’d be pretty simple.
Kumoko: Ohts is the country that used me as a scapegoat, after all.
Kumoko: And that’s who Sariella is about to go to war against.
Kumoko: As their beloved Divine Beast, I can take part in the war to protect Sariella.
Kumoko: Yep, that all checks out.
Kumoko: Besides, if I go to war, that means I’m gonna end up killing lots of people.
Kumoko: Humans give a lot more experience points than monsters.
Kumoko: Mm, I can’t say no to that.
Kumoko: If you look at it that way, war starts to seem like a great way to grind EXP.

Dex-chan lover
Demon Lord's outfit is borderline BDSM, holy crap.

@linkhuesitos15 I think some people might consider her cold or cruel or something, but honestly I'd prefer that version of Kumoko to this one.

"You'd start a war over an annoying old man?!"
<Franz Ferdinand has entered the chat>

@Halfen
It's not the minority. Everyone at both discord and reddit agree that skipping the human parts was a terrible choice and that the manga only works as a supplementary material.
The start is slow, yes, but it does get both important and better.
Remember the baby reincarnation Kumoko saved just a few chapters ago?
Anime has her grown up and supposedly working with the demons. Seeing her here was supposed to be a "Oh shit" moment, but who cares for Baby Vampy in the manga? Hell, does anyone even remember there are demons in this world?

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
While I understand what is the problem that the novel readers have with the manga, from my perspective as a manga and anime only. I can pretty much understand what is happening.

I know there must be things that are being skipped or postponed in both, but really, from the looks of it, it isn't changing the characters too much, nor the story.

I mean, just look at the manga, anime and novel of Tanya, they have key differences in the characters, and yet they all tell the same story. And I find a great joy in experiencing the same story told in three entertaining and sliglthly different ways. This same situation happens with other stories like the superheroes having the comics, the liveaction movies/shows and the animated movies/shows. The three of them have their own things to enjoy that the others don't.

Just look at it this way. It isn't as bad as The Promised Neverland season 2.

Dex-chan lover
Alot of novel readers are stressing the importance of showing a bunch of characters I don't care about lol.

@levenkua As a novel reader, these characters you are missed are incredibly dull to read about compared to Kumoko(White), you aren't missing anything of interest.

Users who are viewing this thread