So I'm a Spider, So What? - Vol. 10 Ch. 50.3

@Yiledute
It may not be "changing" the story, but it changes how it is experienced.
If the manga was following the human side, when we reached this part of the story we would recognize the baby vampire Kumoko rescued as being the lady who helped Hugo take his revenge. It would be a sudden moment of realization and bring up lots of questions, such as "How she ended up with the demons", "If she's working with the demons what about Kumoko", "The demon lord wasn't Kumoko, so who is?" etc...

In the manga, baby vampire is just there doing baby stuff that doesn't matter. Even if we reached the part where she approaches Hugo in the manga it wouldn't cause the same effect because her initial mystery was lost.

Well, that escalated quickly.

By which I actually mean that the plot is moving unnaturally quickly.

We're treated to panels of "drunk guy", "spider", "dead guy", "soldiers", and expected to make sense of it.

A good manga adaptation should be able to stand on its own.

I get that we're tired of this nine-pages-a-month schedule, but the idea is for it to become a timeless work of art when released in a volume collection. This chapter will look just as awkward then.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, an S&M-themed chapter: Kumoko in a gimp suit and the Spider Demon Queen is wearing a dominatrix outfit now that we had a better look at it. That's not a busthalter, it's a nipplehalter.

Fed-Kun's army
@SemperSolus It makes enough sense given the timeline of events, look at this from our dear Ant Shaped Spider's perspective: "This guy is gonna cause me trouble... nobody's gonna miss this old asshole, so I'll just ki-- aaaand there's soldiers now...".

It also explains enough that the army arriving was premeditated, and the old asshole's own people expected him to be killed for being an old asshole...

Fed-Kun's army
and here I was at the beggining of the chapter wonder how long would it take for her to catch demon lord attention, she was standing out too much.
hahahahahaha, nice ending. Guess you cant nuke a battlefield a little without going unnoticed

Only thing I like about this is that the politics are simple. We want war, u kill our man, we get war. Then a war happens and everything is simple.

She's been spreading her 'influence' around the region, even led to a war. Then blatantly shows herself in front of thousands of humans on the battlefield.

That spider god wouldnt be a spider god if she can't pinpoint where the MC is after all that. Well guys, MC is fucked now. Shows over, bye....... or maybe not damn I can't wait for the next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@Sacron1143 I'm pretty sure that's exactly what they were going for though... I remember reading one of the early volumes' afterword, and they said that they were going for a different perspective of the story, where instead of a complex World Sim game, the manga was closer to a 2D dungeon-crawler (now that I look back on it, they were probably referencing how D looks at this world lol). The whole point is that we don't experience it the same way. You're free to like it or not, but it IS intentional.

Also, SPOILERS ffs. Just because novel readers would know it by then doesn't make it okay to reveal it to manga readers like me who had no idea.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah... hurdling togheter in a world where anyone can use ballistic missile like attacks is kinda stupid....

Damn, my demon lord can't be this cute.

Users who are viewing this thread