So I'm a Spider, So What? - Vol. 7 Ch. 34.2

@criver they actually explain this in the novel, most of the strongest monsters are too big to actually leave, the exit can't support their size.

@criver

Monsters are the other side of the coin in relation with human. Humans tend to have lower stats but earn a lot of skills and faster meanwhile, monsters have high stats but they don't usually have a lot of skill. The only exception to this rule are Dragons and
Queen Taratects

The outside world also have monsters some of them really powerful but they live in far areas.

Kumo is an special case being a monster with the soul of a "human" (you already know that this isn't true) gave her the affinity to ear skill like a human and being a monster she have access to monster exclusive skills like spider thread.

@Odessakun

Volumes 3, 4 and 6 of the manga have exclusive chapters about other reincarnator (the egg kumo found at the beginning)
OCz5TLa.jpg

@KazuyaKan
@Niemand
@larcek
@lurker123
Having read the WN, I would say you are a bit wrong(don't know about LN though).
This other spider is most likely(based on the WN) a spider that Kumoko killed and stored as food.

@findy123456
They didn't burn the wrong nest. They were specifically hunting Kumoko.
Why?
Because she's been over-hunting the monsters and they started running away from her, which led them to converge on the labyrinth entrances.

@mahtan
It was not a misunderstanding.

Dex-chan lover
You fucked up!

Also, I like getting a viewpoint of the humans. Puts Kumoko's survival struggle in perspective.

@Merilirem well usually flashback is accompanied with a black color page instead of the usual white page outside of the panel,also its just a book page flip,not a book drop

Dex-chan lover
Chapter theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGp9P6QvMjY

Dex-chan lover
@Doodmandood
Well she thought they were burning her nest because they were trying to hurt her, wich put Kumo-chan in a defensive stance and agressive mood, and even the first attack from Kumo-chan didn't happened untill the humans attacked her first after their encouter.
So I would say it was a missunderstanding from both parts, Kumo-chan because she tought they were there to hurt her and the humans because they got scared and attacked her when she took an agressive stance.
Yeah her motivation to kill all of them afterwards was for the XP as it was not needed to ensure her safety but at that point what diference would that make?

@mahtan
It definitely was not a misunderstanding.
They were there to hunt Kumoko because she's been terrorizing the other monsters. The scared monsters then ran away and converged near the entrances to the labyrinth, which became a big problem for the humans.
They were burning her nest because they want to capture her(or kill if capture is impossible), that's why there is a monster tamer included in the group.
All based on the WN(don't know about the LN though).

Edit: Seems like they used summoner here instead of monster tamer(which is more correct given his role in this party, to tame Kumoko).

Dex-chan lover
@Doodmandood
Good point. I was leaning on the if it was sentient and nto a treat make friedns with it kinda mentality... been marathoning MLP and I guess I got in that mindset...

Users who are viewing this thread