So I'm a Spider, So What? - Vol. 9 Ch. 43.1

Dex-chan lover
@CharlesDexterWard
I'm not saying that is wrong, it's just that these sort of reasons come off as needlessly arbitrary.
"It has to be a skill, or else she wouldn't be able to gain it herself!"
...Why? It's a story about magical transformations via evolution of the MC spider. Surely if she kept gaining new abilities by evolving, she can do so again with egg-laying. There's no virtual importance to any particular ability when the MC is being pushed to gain stuff like immortality from a god, just for shit and giggles.

I think it'd be best if we stopped thinking so much about this story...

@Solipsist
Well, plotwise, it was the only way she would get Egg-Laying. The Arachne evolution doesn't have it (for arbitrary reasons, agreed), she has no reason to buy it using skill points, and how would you even acquire it by building proficiency, anyway? But the mention of the skill this early at least foreshadows that the skill may be useful in the future. In that sense, it isn't a throwaway.

But thinking about it is the fun part! 😀

Aggregator gang
@Solipsist
from what I remember from the wn every skill available in this world are skills directed to fighting capabilities, so the Queen's egg laying is a skill that makes possible for her to lay eggs at will with fast growth, that means that's a skill that makes possible for her to create an army of spiders at her control. Her reproduction capabilities might be different or inexistent having in mind that in future developments we find out in what situation that world really is in and why they need the system.
On a side note, there's only one creation skill and is a unique one from one of the isekaied kids.

@Solipsist hace you considered that it might be a skill precisely because it's not an innate biological function of all members of the species? As far as we know, neither the MC nor the other lesser spiders have the natural ability to create offspring. As such it would seem that monsters (or at least some species) are required to evolve multiple times through a specific branch to be able to actually reproduce (or reproduce without a male, if that's the actual difference here)

Aggregator gang
@Solipsist I think the skill system is less of "okay, now you're able to do this" but more of "okay, now you can do this effectively".
Remember that one time when Kumoko encountered a group of knights with a strong wizard? That time, eventhough she didn't have the skill yet, she's able to use various elemental magics because she learn the concept behind the magic circle necessary to unleash it. Afterward, she successfully got the skill so she could spam the magic easily without minding the magic circle.

Dex-chan lover
Oh my gosh, people, lol, let it go~!
You all are just talking about different things at this point, my inbox can't take any more of this.

@conscript117 Technically it'd be somewhere around 150 or 180, but that's because the light novel/manga has changed several events in the story and their order (the ''her'' referred to at the end makes her first appearance later in the WN), so jumping from manga/LN to the WN isn't that smooth. I'd recommend starting at chapter 145, it's around the time she defeats the dragon Alaba and goes outside for the first time, which is where the story starts having major differences in the two versions. Bear in mind that the LN/WN also has several chapters dedicated to the classmates that the manga hadn't mentioned until one chapter ago, so you may want to read those as well to get the full picture (basically look for any lettered chapter, such as S1 or O1 or any chapter that's not just a number, these serve to identify which character or event those chapters are about).

Dex-chan lover
@Solipsist Do you even know what it's called in Japanese? You don't do you?

You seem to want to take this the the extreme and nitpick it in a way that fits your narrative. You call us self-important and belligerent, when it's your self-important and belligerent post where you simply declared how stupid this was, and by extension the source material, without thinking. You're now even pushing things as far as trivial semantics for the translated version to try and preserve your original position.

Now that people have called you out, you're further twisting the matter to suit your "common sense", and also ramped up the belittlement of both others who disagree with you and the material. What a typically self-centered, buck-passing, piece of shit personality you have.

Worst of all is that even if you had no idea about the source material, and also maybe didn't even read half the the manga version, your initial post is just an indication of a lack of imagination. You take the position that assumes the worst about the material. There is no other explanation. Nothing in your mind that say, oh, maybe it's because of "this" or "that". Sometimes it surprises me how people like you can consume series like this that have such fantastical and creative settings, it must be very tiring to have your sensibilities challenged all the time, and things not explained to you in your face. Why is your automatic reaction to something you don't understand discomfort?

Tired of talking to us about this? Guess you're not used to critical analysis.

Dex-chan lover
page 2 : so she thinks immortality = undead zombie . in movies , to kill a zombie , you need to shoot the brain and head .

page 6 and 7 are probably parody of the manga rurouni kenshin : https://mangadex.org/chapter/251035/1

x7.jpg

x8.jpg

btw , if you havent read kenshin yet , then dont waste your time with it , it is trash , rubbish , garbage , scum .

Group Leader
They announced the date for the next chapter, it'll come out on May 14.

Users who are viewing this thread