So I'm a Spider, So What? - Vol. 9 Ch. 44.1

Dex-chan lover
@hierof : I've only read the WN version so I don't know if the LN has made any major change on that part (like the teratect doll earlier)
But there wasn't much conversation between the will that got to demon king and her. (I think it was magic in charge)

It's mostly demon king going WRYYYY WHY WON'T YOU JUST DIE and try to resist while the will goes haha spider goes nom nom
Then at some point the demon king more or less was resigned she was going to lose, but at that time Kumoko evolve one more time and basically returned all the wills back to her.
But at this point the demon king's soul and that particular will have basically mixed so much that they can no longer separate

So while the will 'shut down', the influence of Kumoko's personality remains

And you get basically Maou Shoujo Ariel demon king from that side chapter earlier (that's a flash forward chapter)

I read the WN quite a while ago, so my memory's a bit unreliable but...
Wasn't the original way she survived Ariel
was because she had laid some eggs and managed to transfer her soul to them? Then the rest of the eggs hatched, she used them to gather food, and years later the hero's party finds the baby spiders. Did the author completely retcon this from the LN version?

Dex-chan lover
In WN i remember that Ariel used the magic that was above principle of system, and therefore "immortality" that part of the system wouldn't save from that.

She survived by cloning yourself beforehand through eggs.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
These past few chapters made me realize how bad the humans of this world have it.

Dex-chan lover
@Thirtyfour The ultimate form of a spider is very humanoid. This reminds me of typical xianxia, where no matter how mighty a monster could be, like a dragon, ultimately it will strive toward a human form, which is apparently the ultimate form of everything. It's probably some Asian philosophy, though I suppose it's not totally alien in the West either, seeing how, for example, the Bible says God created man in his own image. Anyway, if the humanoid form is the ultimate in that world as well, how on Earth could actual humans be at the bottom of the barrel? It would only make sense there would be supreme human powerhouses out there. We just haven't seen them, aside from the one pestering Kumo and treating her as entertainment.

Aggregator gang
For those who read the WN, there will be a load of differences with the LN.
In Ln Kumoko got obliterated twice by Demon king. First time is this chaper and the next will be very close to what you've read in tge WN.

Dex-chan lover
Well … that's certainly an interesting way to solve that situation. I take that the method of combat is now evolving into "How I can I use my cheat skill to counter your cheat skill?". That's cool.

@WhimsiCat
It's a little\more deferent in LN, tough the very basic outline is the same.

@Robot_Ditto
No, that happens way later and yeah, many things were changed completely in LN. And for the best I'd say.

Fed-Kun's army
@Kaarme You might be on to something. In Buddhist mythology, the naga, mythical snake with magical power and long life span, become believers of Gautama Buddha, yet they realized it's impossible for something other than humans to reach enlightenment and Nirvana. Some try to change their form and sneak into monkhood, only to be told once again that it's impossible, only humanity is capable of enlightenment.

Aggregator gang
Lmao, MC must be such a thorn in Mother and Demon King’s sides... totally destroys MC physically but can’t effectively kill MC. Just watching it happen makes me feel annoyed for them lol

Users who are viewing this thread